Chapter 85: seriously what's wrong?

Tommy knew that tone. And with that curse word it made tommy feel terrified in that moment. He gulped. His dad had that stern tone and even said the f word. He gripped the bed and looked at his lap nervously.

"..y-yeah..?" Damnit. He stuttered.
Sam started to feel protective seeing how nervous he got when phil cursed and sounded.. harsh. "Tommy. Can you answer some questions please?.. I need to know.."

Tommy shifted. This was making his anxiety bad. He felt aweful. "I-... S-sure.." sam stood "phil.. calm down please. Your scaring him" tommy rubbed his arm and looked down. Phil nodded "sorry I just.. need answers.."

Sam and puffy nodded "tommy, call us of you need us ok?" Tommy nodded. They left the room and cracked the door. Tommy looked at his hands. "Tommy.. I'm so sorry I haven't been with you.. I should've.. I should've been there for you.. maybe if I hadn't have been gone so much maybe this wouldn't have happened- i-"

"Phil what are you talking about.?' tommy gripped his sleeves. "tommy these questions are personal and embarrassing.. do you think you can answer? I can find out what's wrong if you do.."

Tommy did want to find out what was wrong. But he was so nervous. Phil seemed different. Worried? It was hard to explain. Tommy nodded slowly. "Toms... Have you been 'intemant' with someone?"

Tommy stared at his dad like he was insane. "What the fuck are you implying??" He was honestly offended. How could his own dad assume this? "Tommy I need you to be honest.. it's for your own health"

Tommy growled. "of course I haven't!" He shouted glaring. Phil sighed softly. "Are you being honest?." "Of course I am! I wouldn't lie, not if I can be helped.." phil sighed and nodded.

"Tommy.. here, I'll ask this.. have you been getting sick a lot recently?" Tommy nodded. That was true. "Yeah.." "loss of appetite?" Tommy nodded again slowly. He was getting there.. maybe phil did know what was wrong..

"And you haven't eaten something that could just make something in your body bload up like the shape it is?" Tommy shook his head. "no.. puffy and sam said it's hard.." phil looked at him and nodded slowly. "Ok son.. thank you.. I think I know, I need to see the ultrasound one more time to be sure.."

Tommy sighed. He just wanted to go home now. Sam and puffy came back in and did the ultrasound again. Phil looked and nodded. "Ok.. can we print that?" Puffy printed the photo of the mass and handed it to phil. "thanks.. ok.. tommy I think you can go home now.. you don't need surgery.."

Tommy looked at sam and puffy. They nodded. Tommy grabbed his stuff and left. He honestly didn't care right now.

Puffy and sam stared at phil like he was crazy. "what!? There's no way that's-" "it's not like normal people. He's avian.." sam slowly connected the dots. All the tests, all the ultrasounds, the mass itself.

And he felt stupid. So stupid for not knowing. Or even thinking about tommy's species. "Are you sure?.." puffy ask. Phil nodded. "Definitely.."

************************************
Tommy walked down the path home. He looked at his feet and kicked rocks as he walked. What was phil implying? Tommy wasn't like that. He's never done anything like that before. He refused.

He made it home and sat his stuff down feeling lightheaded from the walk. He sat on the couch and leaned back breathing heavily. Wilbur came in. "How'd it go..? Know anything more..?" Tommy shifted. Phil did, apparently. But he didn't tell tommy what it was. Maybe it was bad after all..

Maybe he was going to die soon and he didn't have the heart to tell him..

He looked at his hands. "I didn't.." wilbur frowned and sighed. "Shit.. sorry tommy.." he sat beside him. Tommy shook his head. "No it's fine.. it's been about 2 months now.. if I'm not dead now I probably won't die.."

Wilbur frowned. "I-.. tommy.." tommy shook his head and turned on the tv. "I kinda just want to rest.. I'm really tired.." will nodded and stood. "alright toms.." he ruffled his hair and walked out.

Tommy sat on the couch confused, worried and kinda mad. Phil didn't tell him what was wrong with his own body. He deserved to know..

Right..?

//Literally having a fucking stroke rn 🤪//