Chapter 96: it all comes down to consent

Sam looked at him and immediately had a worried face. "you.. got drunk..?" Tommy frowned "i- I was going through a really hard time so I went to a tavern and I guess I got ahold of a drink.." sam nodded and hesitantly wrote it down.

"I-... I-i don't- even want to th-think that- there's no way- he-" sam pulled tommy into a hug because he sure needed it. He rubbed his back to calm him. "It's ok tommy.." tommy calmed down and looked at his lap. "Did someone do something without your consent..?" Tommy gulped. "Well- n.. no..? Not in the way your thinking I guess.. here.. I went to ranboo and tubbos house because I knew something was off.. I felt dizzy and like I was gonna black out.."

Sam gulped. He wrote down he went to ranboo and tubbos house. "They gave me some water and then it all went blurry from there.." sam nodded. "Ok.. do.. do you remember anything else..?" Tommy didn't want to make it sound weird because it could've just been a completely different situation..

"The next morning.. that's all I remember.." "what happened the next morning,..?" Tommy didn't want ranboo to sound like a bad person or get him in trouble. Tommy shook his head. "Tommy... I need you to be honest with me.."

"I-i know this is gonna sound bad but I woke up in ranboos bed.. he probably just took me in there to let me rest and maybe he just wanted to make sure I didn't do anything stupid?- or maybe I ask him to stay i don't know but i-" he continued his blabbering in a worried tome.

Sam put a hand on his shoulder "tommy calm down no one's in trouble.. what you do is your business.. no one can judge you.. but you do realize the situation.. if that night you and ranboo did do something tommy, you were drunk. You could not have given consent."

Tommy teared up "i- s-sam-" "we need to hear what happened from ranboo himself." Tommy frowned and nodded slowly. Please let this just be a coincidence..

Sam stood up and closed the notebook. He sighed and pet tommy's head and walked out. Tommy felt aweful. He just got his best friend in trouble maybe.. he shouldn't have even mentioned it..

He laid down and held the egg close. He didn't know what would happen but he hoped his friend would deny doing anything for his sake..

Ranboo was currently getting ready for the day when he got a call from sam telling him he was coming to his house to ask questions. Ranboo got nervous but agreed. What questions..?

Tubbo came in and saw him sitting on the couch fidgeting with his hands. "What's goin on?" Tubbo ask sitting beside him. Ranboo shrugged "sam wanted to ask some questions.. he didn't sound happy.." tubbo blinked "why?"

Ranboo shrugged "I don't know.." they soon heard a knock on the door and tubbo hesitantly answered. Sam looked at the two and then at ranboo. He walked over and sat beside him. "I need to ask questions. You need to answer truthfully." Ranboo shifted "o-ok-.." tubbo decided to walk out but nodded at ranboo to try and reassure he would be ok.

Ranboo was still fidgeting with his hands. Sam looked at the notebook. "First, did tommy come here one night drunk" ranboo blinked "oh.. that was a while ago actually but yeah.. he did" sam wrote down that for ranboos side of the paper.

"You knew tommy was drunk correct?' ranboo nodded. "Yes.." he shifted. "Did you take him to your room?" Ranboo nodded. "Why?" Ranboo sighed softly. "I didn't want him sleeping on the couch.. so I took him to my room to be comfortable.." sam wrote it down. "Why did tommy wake up with you beside him?"

Ranboo blushed at the question (not the fact tommy was in his bed)
"Well.. it's embassing.." sam glared a moment. "What happened?' ranboo sighed. "After I got tommy in bed he didn't want me to go.. he begged me to stay because he didn't want to be alone.. I didn't plan on sleeping in my bed with him but he looked so sad.."

Sam became less hostile for his son like boy. "Right.. so.. what else?' he ask almost forgetting to write it down. "I laid beside him and he looked happier.. he was.. happier.. it was like someone being there with him just made him happier.. so I decided to stay.. he seemed to want to get closer so I let him so he would be happy..
And then.."

Ranboo held his head "then-' he shifted and groaned "sorry I.. can't remember.. my head hurts now that I try to remember.." sam stared at him. "Your not lying are you? Because I said be completely honest" "I'm not lying.." "so we still don't know what happened that night?" Ranboo shook his head. "No I guess not..why..?'

Sam sighed. "Because ranboo, you know he got pregnant we're trying to figure out how. To make sure he's safe" ranboos eyes widened "so you think it was me?-" "that's our best option honestly. At least your his age. But the thing is" he leaned closer.

"Tommy was drunk. He couldn't give consent. If you did something you better think hard or else your our suspect." Ranboo gulped. He was being threatened to remember..

Sam stood "I'll give you time to remember.

I hope you can" he left the house without another word.

Tubbo came in looking shocked as well. Ranboo looked at his hands. "I- we- didn't.. we-" tubbo hugged ranboo.

"We'll figure it out.."