Chapter 71: white rose turns to red

Tommy grabbed his sharp sword from it's case and looked at it. Dream had finally let him start training with a real sword. He put it in it's case on his hip and walked out. He was going to go training with dream again.

He put on his gloves. He was surprisingly very good at sword fighting. He probably picked it up from watching his older brother techno practice his whole life.

He took a breath and went to open the door when it opened before he grabbed the handle. He stood back and looked. It was wilbur. And..

A baby?.. a baby wrapped in a small blanket. Wilbur looked.. dead. Tommy gulped. Something had to have happened. Wilbur went and sat on the couch slowly still holding the small infant. Phil came over and was speechless.

Wilburs dead eyes just stared at the ground. "She was sick... Her body made her give birth early because it knew she wasn't going to make it.. she gave birth and died.." tommy's heart felt shattered at his brothers words. Holy shit.

He couldn't believe wilbur went through that just now.. and this morning he was so excited to go train.. little did he know wilbur was going through something that would probably be the worst thing to happen to him.

Tommy noticed how wilbur looked and gently took the baby out of his arms. Wilbur grabbed a pillow and screamed into it and started sobbing. Tommy was right, and glad he took the baby. He noticed wilbur looked close to tears and a mental breakdown.

So tommy held the baby and looked at it. It had fox ears and it was small.. he looked at his brother and teared up. He'd never seen him so.. broken..

He stood up with the baby and shifted. By the looks of it it was a girl. As well as the light pink blanket. But he didn't want to assume. Phil was trying to calm wilbur down. Wilbur said something about how she had a daughter and died, he was so upset.

Understandably. He looked at the small fox infant. He frowned. She'd grow up without a mom like him. But she might have a decent dad.. hopefully..

Tommy watched as wibur slowly calmed down. He quickly grabbed a pillow and sat it where wilburs head would fall as he passed out. Tommy was good at knowing things wrong with people now because of dream.

He was a good teacher. Tommy didn't know what to do with the infant. Take her with him to dream?.. leave her here with her passed out dad? Phil looked at tommy "dreams basically like a doctor right..?"

Tommy nodded. "Take her with you to him.. make sure she's ok" tommy nodded and stood up. He walked to the door and held her close. He already felt a bond between him and the baby.

He walked out and headed down the path to dreams. Tommy didn't know why but he cried on the way there. His legs became wobbily. He sniffled and looked at her. She really would grow up without a mom.. tommy never felt sad about not having a mom but he knew how sad phil must have been when he lost her.

And seeing how mortified wilbur was, did phil go through that to?.. he shook his head and walked to dreams. He couldn't even wipe his eyes because he held the baby. So he looked distressed.

As if he was the one who gave birth to this baby and didn't know what to do. But he definitely didn't, he never wanted to get pregnant or have a baby either. Never.

He rang the doorbell with his wing and hiccuped. He shook his head trying to calm himself. Dream opened the door and stared at the 17 year old with the infant. He stared for a few moments and then helpled them in.

Tommy let out a shakey breath. Seeing his brother so.. broken just tore him up. He sat on the couch and sniffled holding the baby close. Dream shifted. So tommy looked mortified, sad, uneasy, upset and scared.