Chapter 79: I'm sorry I hurt you for so long

Skeppt held bad close as he tried his hardest not to cry. "Sh-she held him by my hips and yelled at my family, I tried to get her to stop but she just said they need to hear it.." bad covered his face and cried "sh-she was the best geppy, I thought I was over her but- every single year they remind me of her and I can't- I-i can't forget her" he sobbed

Skeppy hugged him close and rocked him. "I'm so sorry bad.. you had to deal with this for two years I I couldn't help because I didn't know.." bad hiccuped and covered his face still.

"I-i just.. it's been so many years.. so many.. she's been gone and I still- I-i can't forget her" he hiccuped. Skeppy rubbed his back "bad.. no one really forgets someone they loved.. ever.. and it might sting and make you feel bad when you think about them but they never truly go away.."

Bad hugged onto skeppy and sobbed "please don't die like she did i-" "I'm not going anywhere.." "she was my first love and she protected me, made me happy, she was adventurous and loved danger, and my family couldn't see how happy she made me" he sobbed. "And you make me happy like that to now"

Skeppy hugged him close and rocked him gently. "..is this the reason you didn't want to come here.? Cause they always reminded you of her.?" He nodded "and every night after I have this dream.. and I.. I-i don't know whether to hate it or love it.." skeppy nodded. "What is it.?"

"She wraps her arms around me and tells me how proud she is.. that she wishes sh could be with me still a-and every year she says something different.. it hurts knowing shes gone b-but I'm so glad I have you.."

Skeppy cupped his cheeks and frowned. "Bad.. she's probably coming to you in your dreams once a year to tell you she's ok.." bad froze and gripped the silky dress like train behind him. "Really..?"

Skeppy nodded "she wants you to know your going to be ok.. keep going.." bad sniffled "that sounds exactly like her.." skeppy pet his head and smiled softly. Bad wiped his face and took a breath standing up. "Um.. we should get going, it's over and we have to say goodbye.."

Skeppy sighed "right.." he didn't want to talk to these people. Little did they know someone heard their conversation. Not his mom, or that boy that was his brother, but his sister. .

Bad walked down the hall and put on his dead eyes face. He walked past the people and made it to his mom. She looked at him. "I suppose we won't see each other for another year" bad nodded. "I'm glad this one isn't.. like the last"

Bad held back a growl and just looked away. "That girl was troublesome, I'm glad you have another" bad clenched his fists and looked down. "Emily was a sweet girl" he muttered. "What?" She ask with a glare.

"She was the best girl I've ever met,, because she was NOTHING LIKE YOU"

Bad finally broke. After 21 years of having to put up with their shit over his past lover he broke. His mother stood back and everyone stared at him.

Skeppy jumped and looked at bad. His eyes seemed to glow a white. His sharp teeth showed and he looked pissed. And sad. His mom stood back slightly and looked him up and down.

"What is that supposed to mean!? Of course she was nothing like me, she was disruptive and loud, not classy at all" "who cares if she wasn't classy!? She was the best girl ever and you didn't even care she died!"

"Why would I care if she died!?"
"It's called sympathy!! But you never feel it!!" Bads white eyes glowed white way more. She glared
"I do have sympathy!"

"No you don't all you care about is being classy and intimidating other!"

"How do you think I felt when your father died!?"

Bad looked at her and shifted. Her own eyes glowed white now. He's never seen her like this. "I know what it's like to loose someone" she growled. "Then why don't you act like it!? If you really loved dad you wouldn't be so heartless!"

"IM HEARTLESS BECAUSE HE WAS MY ONE TRUE SOULMATE I DONT GET ANOTHER, AND I LOVED HIM SO MUCH I DONR WANT ANOTHER SOULMATE I JUST WANT HIM BACK"

Bad stared at her and went silent. He looked away "I think we should just go.. don't expect me to come back to these things" his mom seemed to shatter at that.

"Please come back next year it's tradition-" "I don't care about tradition. Not anymore. I try my hardest to stay calm every year no matter what these people do or say to me. I've put up with this stupid tradition for so many years."

"I only want this tradition to stay because- I.." bad rolled his eyes and grabbed skeppys hand. "Your father ask me to keep it alive.." bad stopped and looked back at her. "Before he died he told me to get all the family together every year to celebrate together.. and I ruined it... His wish wasn't for everyone to be stressed every year, or be classy.. he wanted.. everyone to come together and be a family.."

Bad squeezed skeppys hand. His mom really just admitted that.. "I'm.. I'm sorry.. everyone.. this tradition.. isn't the most important time of our year.. it's just what he wanted.. he wanted everyone to be happy.. and I made everyone the opposite.."

Bad looked at his mom. She was being completely genuine. He let go of skeppy hand. His mom had gone through the pain of loosing someone like a soulmate.. and ruined the one thing he ask of her. Make everyone happy.

She must feel aweful. And to admit it in front of everyone..?

He bit his lip and walked up to her slowly. She looked at him. "I'm so sorry.." bad teared up and got the first time ever, he hugged her. And she hugged back. "I'm sorry mom.. I didn't know you were going through so much pain.."

Skeppy looked at them. The people who made bad feel aweful every year.. of his life.. he hugged.. and forgave..

"I feel the same way about loosing emily.. when I lost emily it was the hardest thing I'd ever gone through.. and I didn't even consider how dad's death made you feel.. all this time I thought you were just some heartless demon.. but your not.."

His mom teared up and looked away letting out a shakey sigh. He smiled up at his mom and walked back to skeppy. "Now we're leaving mom.." he smiled at her and walked out. He opened the portal and left with skeppy.

They got home and bad changed into his night clothes. Skeppy doing the same. They sat in bed. Bad laid down and skeppy played with his hair. "So.. is everything resolved with your mom..?" "Yeah.. I guess so.."

"Bad.. can you tell me how emily died..?" He ask softly. Bad looked at his hands and sighed softly. "She died 21 years ago.. she got sick from one of our adventures.. she touched a flower she shouldn't have.. and died the next day.." skeppy nodded slowly. "I'm sorry.."

Bad sighed softly. "Its ok.." he closed his eyes.

Bad held emily in his arms when she was dying.. a demon, not one of his kind had attacked them.. emily died from the wound she got from protecting bad.. she bled out but told him it was ok.. she was going to see him again.. she promised..

Bad grabbed a chrysanthemum and put it in her hair. Her favorite flower. He carried her home and put her body in a casket. He was torn for a year. Her body still laid in that casket today, underneath their old home that was now probably abandoned and broken down.