Chapter 56: wing trouble's

Tommy laid on the couch asleep at sam and puffys. Sam sighed softly. Tommy wouldn't tell him what was going on, but he didn't ask about the scars still. He needed to give tommy time.

Tommy really wanted ranboo. But he didn't want to bother them anymore.. he wanted to give them space. But recently he really really wanted to go to ranboo.. he made him feel safe and happier. Tubbo made him happy but ranboo understood him more..

Tommy shifted In his sleep and whimpered quietly. His eyes opened and he sat up quickly. He panted and ran a hand through his hair. He put his face in his hands and let out a shakey sigh.

Sam walked in "everything ok?" Tommy's feathers were fluffed up. He sighed and covered his face. " 'm fine.." he mumbled. "What's wrong?" Sam ask sitting beside him. Tommy huffed "I just said I was fine-" "but your not, you can say it but you don't mean it"

Tommy groaned and leaned back. "I keep having weird dreams" he sighed. "what kind of weird dreams?" Tommy shrugged not exactly wanting to tell him. Sam sighed. "I think I know what you mean" tommy looked at him. "How?? I didn't even say anything-"

Sam nodded "I can tell by your body language though, tommy" he sighed and pulled his knees to his chest. "Why do I have those dreams sam..?"
Sam shrugged "our brains work in mysterious ways, tommy" tommy sighed. "Yeah I get that"

Sam sighed. "Tommy.. I don't know why really.. is it a dream you'd like to happen?." Tommy thought then scoffed and looked away with a red face. "Of course not" sam nudged him. "ya suuure?" Tommy pushed his arm away

"Yeah I'm sure" he huffed. Sam chuckled. "Alright then" tommy shifted. "I-i don't know, sam.. i-its weird.. I don't know if I would or.. but like- it would be weird to think of-" he groaned. Sam chuckled and ruffled his hair. "It's ok tommy, I know your confused but that's just how the teenage body works" he shrugged.

"Just confusion, angst and anxiety" tommy nodded "you can say that again..." He huffed. Sam chuckled and looked at his feathers. "So.. your feathers get fluffed up when your ready to attack.. but also in situations like that?"

Tommy shrugged "well- when ready to attack they aren't soft, just spread out and in a fighting stance I guess.. and as for the other.. they fluff up but their soft and calm.." he shifted "but- it's weird" he huffed crossing his arms

"Nah, I think it's sweet, one emotion your feeling scared and ready to take action, the other your feeling calm and.. happy?.." tommy shifted "not the best way to describe it but that works" he shrugged.

Sam nodded. "Yyeeah, well, you feeling ok today?" Tommy nodded "mhm.. a lot better from a few days ago.." he shifted his thoughts going back to ranboo. Why'd he miss him so much?.. it was like he was attached to him or something.

Sam noticed how he was in deep thought. He put a hand on his back and sighed softly. "It's ok toms.." tommy ran a hand through his hair. "Have you ever felt.. connected to someone?.. like- if your far away for to long it just.. gets to you in a way?.."

Sam looked at his hands "not exactly but kinda" he shrugged. Tommy nodded and sighed softly. "Why? You feeling like it? Cause usually it means your in loove~" he snickered.

Tommy blushed "no- I'm not 'in love' I just.. miss em.. I mean.. it really is like we were connected... Cause I don't just open up to someone like that but it only took a day to know them and i-... I instantly felt a bond.."

Sam hummed "is this person a mob, by any chance? Like, half mob but human attributes?" Tommy shifted thinking and nodded. "Yea I guess.." "then it's probably a soulmate thing"

Tommy looked at him "what!? No! We can't be soulmates!" "Why not?" "Cause- i- he's a boy and so am I-" sam chuckled "and?" "A-and I like woman" he crossed his arms. "And I don't like him like that.." he mumbled.

Sam giggled "tommy.. there's a such thing as platonic soulmates.." tommy looked at him. "huh?" Sam chuckled "your bonded but not romantically..like your there to help eachother in hard times and be there.." tommy sighed softly. "Maybe.. but- I don't know let's just not talk about it-"

Sam chuckled and nodded "ok tommy.." sam looked at his arm and sighed softly. He really wanted to ask and help tommy but he didn't know how. He didn't know how to ask.

Tommy shifted. His fluffed up feathers didn't smoothe back down. Tommy turned on the tv and pulled his knees to his chest. Sam got up and pat his head going to the kitchen. Tommy's wings fluttered and tommy huffed pushing them back down.

He didn't know what was up with his wings today, they've never done this before. It was worrisome but annoying. They fluttered again but this time it made tommy almost fall off the couch. Sam looked over and tilted his head "having trouble there?"

Tommy groaned "I don't know, I don't know why their doing this it's really annoying" sam thought. "Mmmm I only in now two other people you can ask that have wings" he said. Tommy looked over. "Who?"

"Well, there's phil of course" tommy rolled his eyes not wanting to even go home. "And quackity, his wings are a little smaller but I'm sure he'll be able to tell you"

Tommy got up and sighed "I hope your right cause its-" they flapped again and ruffled. He groaned and shifted "annoying" he put on his shoes and left. Sam sighed softly, thinking about how he could help tommy.

Tommy stopped at their door and hesitantly knocked. Sapnap opened the door and tilted his head "tommy?" Tommy sighed "is big Q here?" Sapnap nodded "yea, why?" "I need to talk to him"

Sapnap nodded and walked off. Quackity came to the door and tilted his head "what're you doing here?" Quackity looked tired.. tommy sighed "I need your help" he gestured to his wings. Quackity nodded and let tommy in. They left off to a side room and tommy looked at him.

Quackity hummed. "Well.. for starter's they're pretty fluffed up. Did anything happen?" Tommy thought back to this morning and shifted "well- other than this really weird dream but that's it" quackity nodded. "Mhm.. can I examine?" He ask.

Tommy nodded and opened his wings that fluttered slightly. Quackity was pretty sure he knew what was going on but wanted to make sure.

He felt around his wings and they fluttered more with every movement. Tommy gripped the bottom of his hoodie. "What the fuck are you doing?" Quackity continued to feel around. "How old are you, tommy?" Tommy sighed. "17.. I'll be 18 in like- 9 months or something"

Quackity nodded "sounds about right.. ok your going to feel a pinch and a weird shock through your body" tommy blinked "whA-" he gasp and gripped his hoodie tighter. Quackity nodded. "There" the fluffed up and agitated feathers smoothed out again.

Tommy shifted and looked at him "what the fuck was that?" Quackity chuckled "no one's taught you about your own species?" "Nnot exactly" quackity nodded "that's a mating feather."

". . . A fucking w h a t" quackity laughed "it's not as weird as it sounds trust me, it just means your growing up I guess? I got mine when I was 17 and a half so your a bit there." Tommy huffed "what does that mean?"

"Well.. you know what mating is right??" "Of course I do I'm not 5" he rolled his eyes. Quackity chuckled "ok well as you get older your body trys to well- find a mate. B u t, you don't have to have one until your ready. You still have a long time until you'll y'know, have a mate, but that's just how the winged people's body's work. It sucks I know"

Tommy huffed "what if they fluff up again?" Quackity chuckled "make sure no one sees" "why?" "They'll know what your feeeliiiing" he poked his shoulder snickering. Tommy huffed "I- no I meant what do I do?" "Find that feather, you'll know what after and the wings will calm down. Trust me it's gonna be ok."

Tommy nodded. "Uh.. thanks Q.." quackity nodded. "I guess this makes up for the talk I could've had with my son" he chuckled sadly. "Your son? You were having a son??" Quackity nodded "don't go around telling anyone we-... We were supposed to have one but- nevermind, thanks for stopping by, glad I could help"

Tommy nodded and walked back outside. "Thanks again Q.." quackity nodded.

At least that got to take things off of his mind...