Midnight Streams [chapter 3]

You sat at your desk with your phone plugged into your charger, watching as Eren streamed by himself playing Minecraft. It was almost midnight on Monday, but school was cancelled for tomorrow because of something that was going on with some teachers. It had something to do with one teacher having an affair with another teacher's husband...

Anyways, the rest of your friends were sleeping, catching up on their assignments, or simply eating. So here you were, watching Eren stream alone, in your dark dorm room while you were also alone.

"This is sad," you sighed to yourself. "I wanna play now," you said while turning on your computer, watching it load as you let Eren's voice play in the background as he talked.

"And— Oh hey y/n," Eren stopped himself when he saw you had joined the game. "Hold on, I'll set up a call."

"Hello?" you asked as you hopped onto the call.

"Heyo!" Eren smiled as he went back to the game after knowing the call was set up correctly.

"Should I start a stream?" you asked.

"Yeah! No, yeah that would be great. Send the user and I'll try to get some people to go over," he replied.

You sent him the user in chat while you set up your face-cam, adjusting your settings before starting your stream. You almost immediately got 100 viewers, and that was a lot considering how many you used to get after hours of playing.

"That was fast," you whistled while you started to make a zombie farm since you had found a spawner last time you played.

"What?" Eren asked, continuing to build a hole under Jean's house so he could've leave it unlit and a bunch of mobs would spawn, not allowing Jean to sleep since his bed was close to the spot, and you can't sleep if there are monsters nearby.

"I just got 100 viewers and I just started..." you trailed off while focusing on the amount of blocks you dug around the spawner, making sure it was no more or no less than 5 blocks.

"That's not normal for you?" Eren asked.

"No. As I said before, I don't stream often. And when I do, only about 50 people join even though I could spend hours playing," you replied, lighting up parts of the walls around you so more unexpected mobs wouldn't spawn.

"Huh. I forget not everybody is addicted to streaming like me and the rest of the crazy squad..." Eren trailed off.

"It's less you, and more me loosing motivation to actually do it," you replied.

"I see," Eren hummed.

There was a semi-awkward silence that followed his statement, but the two of you didn't really care for talking since you were so focused on you own things in the game.

"Someone just sent a donation asking why it's so quiet," Eren laughed into his mic.

"What do you want us to talk about?" you asked with a chuckle.

A bunch of things flooded into your chat, many suggestions being made.

"I'm too lazy to read all of that so I'm just going to answer basic questions that probably weren't even asked," you said.

"That's such a mood," Eren laughed, receiving many suggestions through his chat as well.

"Starting off with my favorite food. Probably chicken nuggets or ramen. And I may or may not being saying that because they're the only things I know how to make quickly," you stated.

"Mine is prolly grilled cheese. They are just so easy to make," Eren answered.

"Next..." you trailed off, "I guess.. who is my best friend? Now individual-wise, it would have to be Marci, but if we're talking about groups, Annie, Sasha, Mikasa, Hange, Ymir, and Historia."

Eren hummed at your response, thinking of his own, "Armin. I've known him since we were kids, so he's the obvious choice."

"Andddd somebody said they wanted to know more about personal life," you clicked your tongue. "Like what? Wanna know what I think of my current roommate? Well, she always brings over guys, takes my stuff without asking, doesn't buy her own food, breaks my stuff, and to top it all off she leaves the whole place a mess."

"Is she really that bad?" Eren snickered.

"Yes! And isn't even passing. I don't know why she's still here, but I won't have to deal with her for much longer," you murmured.

"A what does that mean..." Eren mumbled, "Oh my gosh, did you hire a hit man?!"

"What?! No! If I were going to kill someone I would do it by myself," you replied.

"That's not very reassuring," Eren laughed.

"Why not? I'm not that bad..." you trailed off, "Ok, yes I am, but don't judge me!"

"Riiiight, not judgment coming from here," Eren dragged out, showing he was lying.

"Rude," you playfully scoffed.

"Anyways," Eren laughed while letting out a tiny yawn, "We should probably go to sleep. It's almost 2 and I have many assignments I still have yet to do."

"Mhm. Talk to ya later, loser," you hummed before logging off and ending your stream.

You got in your bed, cuddling up in the sheets before falling asleep from the quietness, thinking about your interaction with the brunette since it was the most recent thing that happened.