Daddy's Home [chapter 56]

"You better come back within the next year!" your mother called out from the front door, waving her hands at you and Eren as you got in his car.

"I promise we will!" Eren yelled back, unlocking the doors to his car so the two of you could get in.

"Love you!" you yelled out before getting inside the car and closing the door with a sigh. You put the brownies your mother gave you in the cup holder that divided the passenger seat and the driver seat from one another.

"Your mom is awesome," Eren commented as he started his car, waving one final time to your mom before watching her close the door.

"Yeah, she is," you nodded with a content smile, grabbing Eren's hand as he pulled out the driveway of your old home.

"So do you want to go see your father, or go back home and call it a day?" Eren asked, squeezing your hand lightly as he drove under the shade of the huge trees that sat in front of houses, lining the quiet streets.

It was a little after 5 in the afternoon, meaning you and Eren didn't really need to go back home until about 10 at night. Debating your options, you finally made a decision.

"You need to meet him sooner or later," you mumbled, squeezing Eren's hand a bit as you watched the houses of your old neighbors' pass by. "So I guess now is fine..."

"Love, we don't have to if you don't want to," Eren insisted, turning a corner which only got him closer to the exit of the neighborhood.

"Yeah, we can go," you answered.

You told Eren your dad's address, letting go of his hand so he could put it into the GPS. You texted your dad, letting him know you were going to be coming over within the next 20 minutes. He responded immediately, asking why you didn't tell him sooner. You just left him on read.

"Be glad I'm even introducing my fiancé to you," you hissed at your phone under your breath, Eren not hearing you over the sound of the GPS lady telling him to turn when and where.

As expected, you arrived at your dad's home within twenty minutes.

You sat in the car after Eren had parked in the street, the driveway being too full with cars for him to park. Waiting for you inside the house would be your dad, step mom, step brother #1, step brother #2, and step sister #2. You had another step sister, but she had moved out almost immediately after she graduated high school which had been one year ago. She also happened to be the only step sibling you liked, well along with step brother #1, and partially step sister #2, the other was a bratty high schooler. Though the middle schooler of a step sister, the one that was somewhat annoying, was way more tolerable.

The house you were staring at was way bigger than your mom's, but it didn't really matter since your mother was doing better financially. Plus, it wouldn't make sense for your mom to have such a big house when she currently lives by herself, well along with Gertie.

Letting out a sigh, you opened the doors to the car that Eren had unlocked. He was waiting for you to get out so he could lock the door. After he did, he grabbed your hand and let you lead the way to the door.

You and Eren both felt that your mom, though the house looked and was old, had a more welcoming feel to it. It had darker colors, but still managed to make you want to go in. Your dad's house on the other hand had lighter colors, though it was sort of intimidating and made you want to leave.

"I hate it here," you mumbled before mustering up enough courage to ring the small doorbell that was installed beside the door.

The door was opened within seconds, a bored looking girl, one that you knew as your step sister, opened the door. She scowled when she saw you, but started blushing when she saw Eren.

"Hey," she said, staring at Eren who only nodded at the girl, showing her no emotion what so ever.

"Who's at the door?" you heard your father yell.

"The original!" you yelled back, earning a loud thump from the upper floor. A few seconds later a boy who looked to be about 17 was at the door, a huge grin plastered on his face as he looked at you.

"Y/n!" Brantley, step brother #1, opened his arms and greeted you with a hug. "Move bitch," Brantley said while shoving the middle schooler who was blushing at Eren out of the way.

"Dumb ass!" you hugged him back, Brantley kicking you in the shin playfully. The two of you hugged, making it slightly obvious you missed each other.

"Who's the hottie?" Brantley asked after noticing the brunette who was standing next to you.

"This is the fiancé you known as Eren," you answered, noticing your dad and step mom coming to the door as well.

"Oh, you," the step mom said, well more sneered, when seeing you before walking back into the kitchen, not bothering to introduce herself to Eren. Either she didn't care or just didn't notice him.

"She loves you too," Brantley said sarcastically with an eye roll from his own mother's rudeness.

"Hi Eren, I'm Laila," your step sister said in a distant sort of tone after she squeezed her way through Brantley, still staring up at Eren.

"I'm Eren," the brunette responded, "And I'm also not a minor."

Brantley and you chuckled at Eren's comment and Laila's obvious embarrassment. Brantley moved out of the way and gestured for you to come in, making sure to push Laila out of the way as well.

"So, Eren," Brantley started once the two of you got inside, "What's nine plus ten?"

"Kagehina," he replied.

"Well the answer was twenty one, but that's also acceptable," Brantley hummed, giving Eren a pat on the back as he passed him.

"Who the fuck are you," your second step brother, Connor, asked in a harsh tone while looking at Eren.

"My fiancé," you answered.

"I didn't even know you had a boyfriend," Laila said with a scowl, upset that she had no chance with Eren since you had taken him. She still wouldn't have had a chance anyways since she was 13.

"And I didn't know you were into people almost twice your age, guess we're both learning new things today," you retorted.

"Still as bitchy as always," Connor looked you up and down.

"Still as insecure as always," you retorted with a voice of fake innocence.

"So this is the Eren that's all over social media?" your dad asked while approaching the two of you.

"Yeah," you nodded.

"Hi, Eren," your father greeted with a semi-intimidating smile.