Mother [chapter 55]

I'M BACK!

also nvm about the whole kids thing. i am no longer giving you a say if u have kids or not (in my story ofc).

"Are you sure you're ready to do this?" you asked Eren, the seat belt still securing you in your seat as you looked up at the rather small house in front of you.

"Yeah," Eren nodded, "I need to meet my fiancé's parents sometime before we get married."

You smiled before pulling him into a quick kiss and unbuckling your seat belt, "Ok."

The two of you were in Eren's car, which happened to be parked right in front of your mom's house. You and Eren had just taken a two hour mini road trip to your hometown where both your mom and dad lived. Though they rarely saw each other and lived in separate houses, it was only a twenty minute drive to get to their houses from one another's.

"Let's go," Eren unlocked the doors to his car, stepping out of the vehicle and waiting for you to come to his side. He had his hand held out, you intertwining your fingers with his once you reached his side.

You led the way down the path to the front door you had gotten so used to walking down, but it all felt nostalgic from the fact you hadn't been back home in almost three years. When arriving at the dark blue painted door, that had many chips in the paint, you knocked on it. Now there was a doorbell, but you knew that old thing didn't work. It was more there just for the looks you could say.

"One moment!" someone, your mom, yelled from the other side of the door. You could hear something— no someone, fumbling to get to the door, a few clicks being heard before the door was swung open.

You were met with your mom who stared at you with a huge smile. You smiled back, taking in the same old features you had grown used to seeing all the time. She had on an white apron with  a few stains littered on it that loosely covered her figure, a stripped shirt and a pair of denim jeans on underneath.

"Hello mother," you said in a thick British accent before letting go of Eren's hand and giving your mom one huge bear hug.

"Holy guacamole," your mother hugged you back, a huge smile present on her face. She was delighted (delighted) to see you, especially after three years of only FaceTime calls and texts. "You should've came to visit sooner."

It wasn't that the thought of visiting never crossed your mind, it was more you had little time to go see her. Plus, if you saw your mom your dad would eventually find out and then ask why you didn't visit him too.

Your mom rocked the two of you side to side a bit before her eyes landed on Eren who was simply watching the interaction with a small smile of his own. She pulled out of the hug the two of you were sharing, looking up at Eren with her had slightly tilted to the side.

"Are you the ever so famous Eren?" your mom asked, waiting for the brunette to answer.

"Yes ma'am," Eren nodded.

"Well give me a hug," your mom stated, pushing you out of the way and giving Eren a hug, the brunette hugging her back, "You're my future son in law. Don't act so shy around me."

They shared a hug, you pouting a bit from being pushed out of the way. You rolled your eyes after you saw them hug for longer than you wanted, pushing their bodies away from one another with your brows furrowed.

"You're still my mom, and you were my mom first," you declared, "So I get your attention first."

Eren chuckled at your actions, "Does that rule apply when I want my own mom's attention?"

"No, Carla's all mine too," you shook your head.

"Then your mom is all mine," Eren retorted, ruffling your hair a bit.

Smacking Eren's hand away, you pouted once again. "Fucking tree."

"Shut it," your mom glared at you, hitting you on top of the head with a wooden spoon you hadn't noticed she was carrying. "Now come in and help me make brownies."

"Are we adding drugs in them?" you asked jokingly, taking off your shoes and setting them beside the door like your mom had always made you do whenever you were in the house. Eren mimicking your actions since he had also been taught to take off your shoes before going inside a house.

"I should stab you for asking such a stupid question," your mom rolled her eyes, leading the way to the kitchen, "Of course we are."

You laughed at what your mom said, knowing it was her own way of joking with you. She would never get high if you were here, but saying never ever would be a lie. She'd only do it if she was alone and bored. Eren however, didn't know if she was joking or not. He assumed she was, but there was a small part of his brain wondering if she was actually joking.

"Since I know you have all the drama on everyone, what's going on in this boring old town?" you asked your mom, grabbing an apron from out of the small pantry that was located next to the refrigerator. You grabbed a bigger one for Eren and handed it to him.

Now you would think making brownies should be easy and simple, but with you there, things were going to get messy. Sure, your mom was great at baking and could easily make brownies from scratch with no problems. It was just making messes made the process way more fun.

"You know Brooke? The one that you used to be best friends with, but she stabbed you in the back and hooked up with your ex boyfriend? Well apparently she's pregnant with twins," your mother informed, "But here's the twist. She doesn't know who the dad is. She been hoeing around too much."

"No way," you gasped, your hand coming up to your mouth as your eyes widened slightly, "Serves her right. She literally took everyone's boyfriends all the time."

"How has Marco been doing?" your mom asked, wanting to know about the freckled gay who she knew as her own son.

"He's been doing good. Still as annoying as ever though," you answered.

Just as your mom was about to respond, you heard a loud bark and the noise of running. Within a short amount of time, Gertie was sitting in the door of the kitchen, her tail wagging as she was obviously happy to see you.

"Gertie!" you chirped, squatting down and opening your arms, your dog bolting striaght towards you with a happy little bark.

Your arms wrapped around your dog, rubbing her in a semi-harsh manner, though it was something Gertrude found fun. Gertie's tail wagged, her eyes eventually traveling to Eren's figure, making her bark happily even more.

Gertie pulled out of your small hug and ran over towards Eren, sniffing his leg to familiarize his scent before barking up at him happily.

You furrowed your brows once again when Gertie no longer wanted your attention, "I'm starting to get the feeling nobody around here likes me."

"You'd be right then," your mom replied, cracking an egg into a bowl before looking up and giving you a wink, only to go back to her work a few seconds later.

"Why do you all bully me!" you wailed playfully.

"It's out of love, pretty idiot," Eren replied, calmly patting your dog on the back.

"Yeahhhh, out of love..." your mom trailed of, in a tone that made her sound like she was lying.

"Mom!" you exclaimed.

"Y/n!" she mimicked.

"Don't say my name to distract me!"

"Damn, that usually works..."