McDonald's [chapter 43]

AND SHE'S BACK! SHE'S ALIVE! (mostly)

cha cha real smooth...

sorry about that. (not really)

"McWonalds!" you shrieked happily with a huge smile on your face as the fast food chain came into your line of sight. Your fists pumped into the air, hitting the roof of Eren's car, making you let out an audible 'ow'.

Eren chuckled at your actions and purposeful mispronunciation of the restraunt, finding your reaction cute. He pulled into a parking spot, unlocking the door as soon as he did. You immediately got out, acting almost as if you had never seen a McDonalds before and had so desperately wanted to go to this unforeseen place.

"Let's go!" Eren laughed, grabbing your hand and running across the parking lot, completely ignoring the 'look both ways before crossing the street' rule.

Letting out small laughs, you entered the door of the McDonalds which Eren was holding open for you.

"Hi, welcome to McDonalds," an employee said, not looking up from the cash register as she was sorting out money for someone who had just ordered.

"Hello," you hummed, getting in line behind the person, your fingers being intertwined with Eren's.

The lady looked up from the register, her brows furrowed as she thought the voice sounded familiar. The thing confirming her theory was when she saw you and Eren's faces. She stared at the two of you wide eyed, both of you not knowing this as you looked at each other, talking about some nonsense that involved Haikyuu.

"Can I have my change?" the woman in front of you asked, well more demanded as she stuck her hand out.

"Right, sorry," the worker nodded, handing the woman her change and her receipt.

"Ok, but Nishinoya was totally a leash child," you chuckled, walking up to the register when you saw the other woman walk away out of your peripherals.

"Fair point," Eren laughed along, stopping when he looked up at the cashier, ready to order.

"H-hi!" the girl squeaked, her eyes moving between the two of you as she didn't once blink. "Um, c-can I take your order?"

"Sure?" Eren's eyes furrowed as an amused smirk spread across his features. He could tell she was nervous for some reason, and that made everything all the more interesting to him.

"S-so what would y-you guys like to order?" she stuttered again.

You tugged on the sleeve of Eren's shirt, signaling for him to crouch down so his ear was at the same height of your mouth.

"Speak to me," he hummed, waiting for you to whisper whatever you were planning on to into his ear.

"I want a happy meal. 6 piece nugget with fries and a sprite."

"Yes ma'am," Eren mused, standing back up straight and looking at the cashier who still seemed to be nervous. "One happy meal. A six piece nugget with fries and a sprite. And can we also get a double cheeseburger with a medium fry and a small coke? And this will be to-go."

"Sure," the girl nodded, her hands shaking slightly as she tried to put in the order as fast as she could. "Your total will be—"

"You can just put it on my card," Eren intervened, handing her his credit card as he ignored you hitting him for interrupting the poor girl. It made him seem rude.

"Ok," she said, running the card through too quickly, making it read incorrectly. She flushed a shade of red that shouldn't even exist, running the card through again but this time being more careful. "Here's y-your card back. A-and would you like a receipt?"

"Mhm," Eren hummed, not really paying attention as he was more focused on getting his card back in his wallet than whatever the cashier was saying.

"Here you go. Also!" the girl said, you accepting the receipt from her while raising your eyebrows in a gesture for her to continue, "Could I... possibly get a picture?"

"Oh sure!" you chirped, "You a fan of ours?"

"Yeah," she nodded, her hand traveling to the back pocket of her pants. She pulled out her phone, holding it up at an angle as she turned around.

"Do you want a funny photo or a serious one?" Eren asked, knowing you and him were still going to make funny faces regardless of the answer.

"Do I actually get a say?" the girl asked, swiftly pulling up her camera app as she changed the settings on it a bit.

"Nope," you chirped, watching as she pressed the button, a 3-second timer starting to count down.

You watched the timer count down, your face neutral as you waited for it to hit one second so you wouldn't be able to change your face. It helped with being indecisive.

When the timer hit the one second mark, you decided to do your pose. Eren was already doing the f-boy face as he stuck and arm out and pointed at it. You chose to do the reverse f-boy face, bitting your upper lip with your bottom row teeth, brows furrowing, and your eyes widening. The picture was taken, Eren trying his best not to laugh until he knew he could move again.

"What the fuck," Eren laughed while looking at you, watching as you features slowly contorted back onto that of a neutral one.

"—Is up Kyle!" you chirped, picking up where Eren didn't know he left off.

"You guys are so cute!" the girl swooned, looking over the picture she got with you guys, "And thank you so much for the picture."

"Eh, no problem," Eren waved her off with a smile.

The two of you waited for about 5 minutes or so until your order was called up. You snatched the bag from the worker with an evil laugh, running out of the store like a toddler on a sugar high.

"Thank you," Eren chuckled, muttering an apology to the person you took the food from before trailing after you. He grabbed your hand, easily catching up to you as the two of you crossed the street back to his car.

"So, where to?" you asked after closing the door to his car and watching him start the engine.

"A nice cliff side I can push you off— I mean look at the view with you at," Eren answered, putting his hand behind your seat as he backed out of the parking spot. Gestures like that along with him grabbing your thigh while driving was the norm, though it would still send butterflies to your stomach.

"I can't wait to be pushed off a cliff— I mean look at the view the cliff gives us with you," you joked, both of you making eye contact with each other while staying silent, Eren being able to stop the car since he was at a red light. The silence was short lived as the two of you started laughing at your own jokes.

"I got so lucky with you," Eren calmed down, wiping a fake tear from his eye as he started driving again, the light turning green for him to go.

"Yeah you did," you continued to laugh, pulling out your phone and connecting it to the aux. You scrolled through your spotify playlists, stopping when you found the one you and Eren had made together one night during college. It was a few days before you started dating, but this playlist was one you and him listened to when it was just the two of you in the car.

"I'm a fly, fly just like a bird," Eren hummed in a rather deep voice, head bopping slightly as he sang along to the lyrics. He didn't once take his eyes off the road, though he did see you dancing in the cramped section of his car from his peripherals.

"But you are a bird!" your voice was much louder in contrast to Eren's as you sang along to the lyrics as well.

"Oh yeah you're right, so let me fly just like a rocket ship!" Eren's voice got louder than it was before, the brunette matching your energy since he knew it always made you happy when he did.

"I love you," you said out of nowhere, Eren being a bit taken aback, but still smiling nonetheless.

"Feeling's mutual," he hummed. "Beautiful dummy."

"Again with the backhanded compliments?"

"You know you love them."

"... Shut up."