Studying [chapter 33]

"If I have to memorize one more formula, my brain is going to explode," Sasha said in a hushed tone, looking up at Niccolo who was giving her a sad smile.

"I'm sorry, but you need to know these things for the finals," he sighed, raking his fingers to his blonde hair that definitely needed to be cut some time soon.

You, Eren, Sasha, Niccolo, Armin, and Annie were in your room trying to study for finals. It wasn't something any of you looked forward to, but it was something everyone had to take and do well on.

You and Eren sat across from each other on your bed, both of you having your laptops opened and books spread around. There were a bunch of loose papers everywhere, both of you looking like sleep deprived disasters. And that would be the truth.

Between the two of you, the total amount of sleep you had gotten all week was about 10 hours... It was Friday.

Eren's hair was a mess and so was your's, coffee cups littering the floor beside your bed. Neither of you had eaten a proper meal in days, your diet mainly consisting of granola bars and dry cereal. Water? Never heard of her. And the only kind of bathing that had been done were 5 minute showers, and those only happened every other day.

It. was. chaos.

The same things applied to Sasha and Niccolo, along with Mikasa and Connie who were currently out at the library with a study group. Annie and Armin were doing fine, making sure the rest of you were alive as they studied. They knew most of the material, only going over things as a refresher.

"Wait, that's not right," your brows furrowed as you looked at a balled up piece of paper, "Eren, did you write down the right things?"

"Yes," Eren looked up at you, his eyes bags standing out the most to you, "I even had Armin double check."

"But I had Annie double check my notes and she said they were right," your brows furrowed, "So one of has to be wrong."

The two of you stared at each other before slowly turning your heads towards the blondes who were obliviously typing on their computers. They both felt a pair of eyes on them, deciding to look up at each other before turning in yours and Eren's direction.

"What?" Armin asked, a hint of sass in his tone.

"One of you is wrong," Eren said, giving no context whatsoever.

"Huh?" Annie tilted her head to the side, her hair that normally was in a bun swaying to the side of her head as she had let it down for today.

"Our notes. One of you didn't check our notes correctly," you explained, holding up your paper and Eren's.

Annie let out a sigh, swinging her legs so she was sitting with them dangling off her bed. She stood up, walking over to the two of you and snatching the notes. She trotted back over to her bed, holding the papers up so she and Armin could both see them.

"This are on two completely different topics," Armin monotoned, scowling a little. He was annoyed that some of his time had been wasted.

"No it's no—" you started to say, looking at the papers after Annie gave them back to you, "Oh."

"Dumbass," Annie sighed, going back to doing what she was before you and Eren interrupted her.

You looked dow at the papers, tossing your's to the side and reading over Eren's. You stared at it for a moment before letting out an audible 'huh?'.

"What is it now?" Eren sighed, looking up from his computer and at you.

"I forgot what I was supposed to be studying," you admitted, sheepishly rubbing the back of your neck and letting out a small chuckle.

"We're both going to fail," Eren said as he started laughing a little.

"You don't know what you're supposed to be studying either?" you asked, laughing along with him.

"No," he shook his head, both of your laughter becoming uncontrollable.

"I think they've finally gone insane," Sasha whispered to Niccolo, staring at the pair of you with wide eyes. She hadn't heard your previous conversation, so that was the only assumption she could draw considering the lack of sleep you had gotten and now you were laughing like madmen.

"Mhm," he hummed, nodding his head while staring at you and Eren as well.

"They're hopeless," Armin shook his head, a small laugh coming from him as he did.

Annie let a small smile sneak it's way onto her face, snickering a little when watching the two of you finally loosen up. Seeing the two of you so serious made her a little nervous, what with never having seen that side of the two of you.

"I give up. If I fail, I fail," you sighed, shutting your laptop and falling back in your bed, "Plus I need to take care of myself better."

"We'll see who does better on the test, but from here on out we can't study," Eren declared.

"I am so going to score higher," you glanced at him quickly before getting up to take a proper shower.

And so a week and a half later...

"I got a better score!" you shouted in victory, pumping bot fists in the air.

"Damn it," Eren punched your mattress, glaring at his hand as he did.

"Huh, who would've thought," Armin hummed looking over both your papers with a surprised look on his face, "I honestly thought Eren had this one in the bag..."

"Well he didn't! And I won," you smirked, giving Eren a look from the side. "So what do I get because I won?"

"Free food," Eren answered, letting out a huff.

"Yes!" you threw your fists in the air again.

"Damn, Eren. I didn't know you were this stupid," Marco shook his head, "Y/n was literally 5 points away from failing."

"Did everyone think Eren was going to win?" you asked, looking around the room.

The were a chorus of hums that said yes and head nods. You gasped dramatically, placing a hand over your heart.

"You really think I'm that stupid?!"

"When it comes to academics, yes. Other than that, you have the intelligence of a war general," Armin answered, thinking back on the many things on the smarter side of the spectrum that you had said.

"I feel honored," you smiled.

"It amazes me how fast your mood switches," Eren chuckled.

"It amazes me how big your dick is," you retorted without thinking.

"Miss girl what," Marco's head snapped towards you.

"We've been over this, freckles," Sasha said in a 'duh' tone, "Every guy in her has an above average cock... Besides Connie!"

"You know I'm sensitive about that!"

fyi, i stan connie. like i will slander him, but he's like in my top 5 fav characters. i love him like a sibling, i will make fun of him but i will also protect him with my life.