Brantley [chapter 57]

"Can they stay for dinner?" Brantley asked his biological mom who he hated the guts of. He much preferred your mom over his own, thinking yours was the funniest person in the world. He always wished his mom could be more like that.

He also knew your mom was more accepting, hence to why he had came out to your mom already and his own mom doesn't know a single thing.

"Yeah, can Eren stay for dinner?" Laila asked.

"Shut up minor," Brantley rolled his eyes.

"You're a minor too!"

"One more year and then I'm not, so you can shut up."

"Sure they can stay," your dad answered for his wife. Your step mom sent you a glare before going back to cooking dinner, making sure to add 2 extra portions for you and Eren.

"Yo, Brant," you said to your step sibling who hummed in acknowledgment, "Let's go somewhere to talk. Privately."

"I feel you're gonna murder me if we get left alone in a room together, but that's what I want. So lead the way," Brantley said, tucking his phone in his back pocket and following you to his room where you knew he felt safest at in the house.

"So Eren was it?" your father asked.

"Yeah," the brunette nodded, not being as polite towards your father as he was towards your mother since he knew your dad wasn't necessarily the most respectful towards you.

"Sorry, she's just had so many boyfriends it's hard to keep track of names," your father laughed, trying to get some sort of reaction out of Eren. The brunette simply just blinked, waiting for her dad to continue, "Right so, what are your intentions with my daughter?"

"Well I'm getting married to her, so I'll let your imagination run wild with that one," Eren replied, biting his tongue so he didn't say anything extra that might piss your dad off. Well further than he was already trying to do so.

"A bit on the snarky side, eh?" your dad gave Eren a side eye, "Did you know my daughter isn't straight?"

"Yes," Eren nodded his head, slightly confused on where the conversation was going.

"She likes women. Do you not find anything wrong with that?" your dad pressed further, starting to get on Eren's nerves.

"Yes, I know that. I'm not stupid," Eren shot back. And so, Eren and your dad had a polite argument over you while you were peacefully talking to Brantley in his room.

"Alright bitch, spill," you said, sitting down in a bean bag that sat in the corner where his reading nook area was.

Brantley stared at you with furrowed brows after he had closed his door and sat down on his own bed, "Spill what?"

"I know you're not straight," you replied, "So you got a label, or not yet?"

Brantley looked slightly panicked at your words, before relaxing. It seemed to click with him and he realized who he was talking to. You were more laid back and didn't care about gender and sexuality.

"I think I'm pan," Brantley admitted bashfully, "But please promise not to tell anyone. I've only told you, your mom, and Vivianne."

Vivianne was the high school graduate that had moved out. She was currently going to college and working on her own, being able to pay for an apartment where she split rent with 3 other roommates. She also happened to be non-straight, making it hard for her to grow up in a homophobic household. Your truly did feel sorry for Brantley and Vivianne.

"I won't. Like I would tell my dad or your mom anything anyways. I only talked to them once a month, and that's if I'm being nice," you joked, making Brantley laugh a bit.

"Thank you," he let out a small sigh, one of relief as well as him being able to release some of the pent up emotions he had about the topic, "Also..."

"What is it, brother dearest?" you asked him with a half grin.

"Do you think it's weird to like they/them pronouns instead of the ones I was assigned at birth?" he asked while placing his hands in his lap and staring at them.

"Of course not," your replied, "I have a friend that uses they/them pronouns, and if you want me to use them for you too, I don't mind. I might mess up a few times before I get it right though..."

Brantley looked up at you, tears welling up in the corners of his eyes as he stood up and made his way over to you. He kneeled down so he was at your level before giving you a tight hug.

"Thank you," he mumbled into your neck, a tear running down his face as a huge smile took place on his features, "This is the most anyone's ever tried to make me feel like myself."

You rubbed Brantley's back, closing your eyes and letting out a small sigh, "You only have another year. Then you'll legally be and adult and be able to move out. Better start saving up now."

Brantley pulled away from the hug, "I don't think I'll be able to move out any time soon. I don't have enough money, and I don't really want to go to college..."

"You could live with Eren and I," you offered, "I'm sure Armin wouldn't mind letting you live there for free. He can show emotions too sometimes."

"Really?" Brantley perked up.

"Yeah, though I don't know how long we'll all be living under the same roof," you answered.

"All? How many people does that refer to?" Brantley asked.

"You watch my streams, right?" you asked as a response.

"Sometimes, yeah," Brantley nodded.

"Well everyone I stream with plus like two more people," you answered.

"That's a lot," Brantley sweat dropped.

"Yeah, and it sure is hectic, but I love it. And I love them. They're like my second family," you smile happily, watching as Brantley wiped the remaining tears out of his eyes.

"Would it actually be ok if I move there after high school?" Brantley asked.

"Well I need permission from Armin first, but I'm sure he'll be fine with it," you stated again with different phrasing, "But you will still need to get a job. You'll eventually need to start paying rent, so make sure you look for a job that gives you good pay and doesn't require you to be a college graduate."

"Right," Brantley nodded.

"Now let's go down for dinner. Things should be ready in the next few minutes," you smiled before standing up from the bean bag chair, a hand being held out to Brantley so you could help him up.

Brantley accepted your hand, the two of you walking downstairs to the sound of Eren and your dad arguing.