Proposals [chapter 41]

"Congrats on finally proposing," you said to Ymir, leaning on the counter with a coffee mug in your hand.

"It's about fucking time," Marco said from the fridge, searching for some leftovers that he may actually like.

"Honestly," Armin nodded, chuckling when he watched Ymir roll her eyes.

The four of you were currently sitting in the kitchen, at the ungodly hour of 3 am. It was normal for you to sneak down into the kitchen during the night, but it was rare for the four of you to actually sit and talk like what was happening tonight. It was usually only you four who would sneak down into the kitchen, the others being stable enough to wait until morning to get food...

Or be like Sasha and Niccolo, having food stored in their room.

"When are you going to purpose to Annie," Ymir retorted, shoving the blonde who sat next to her.

The blonde blushed, seeming hesitant before saying something, "What do you think of this ring..."

"Holy shit," Marco gasped, closing the fridge while holding a box of pizza, the light from the fridge that once highlighted his figure going away, "I didn't think you were actually ready to put a ring on her finger."

"I have been for a while, just trying to figure out the best way to do it," Armin mumbled, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck.

"Awe, look at the baby of the group getting all embarrassed," Ymir laughed, roughly slinging her arm around his shoulder while giving him a noogie. Armin pushed her hands off, pouting slightly when he tried to smooth out his freshly messed up hair.

"Stop, Ymir. We need to help the poor son of a gun. He can't stay dating her forever," you said in a 'duh' tone, standing up straighter than before.

"Take her on a picnic," Marco piped up, silently closing the door to the microwave and putting it on for 30 seconds, hoping that would be enough time for the pizza to be properly reheated.

"Too cliché," you dismissed, waving your hand slightly as your brows furrowed in thought.

"Take her out to her favorite restaurant and then to the place you first met her," Ymir suggested, "That's what I did with Historia anyways."

"Nah, you can't steal your own idea," you shook your head. "What about taking her to the beach and go for a romantic walk. Then propose to her during the sunset!"

"And you called my idea cliché," Marco rolled his eyes while opening the microwave a second before the sound went off to let him know his food was ready.

"I don't know..." Armin mumbled.

"Just do whatever you want. Just make sure it's something you'll like," Marco said, sounding like some white Disney mom telling her daughter to follow her dreams and chase after the boy she likes while also pursuing her passion.

"Yeah, yeah," Armin rolled his eyes, "Already knew that anyways."

"Take her to a shooting range!" you chirped.

"Yeah, that's somewhere only you would like to be proposed to at," Marco laughed, blowing on the steaming piece of pizza before picking it up and taking a bite.

"I think I know what I want to do," Armin hummed, a childish grin spreading across his face as his eyes lit up.

"Ooh! Spill," Marco said, rushing over to where he stood directly across from the seat at the counter Armin sat in, pushing you to the side slightly.

"What if I take her hiking or something that requires her to be active since she likes things like that. And then when we get on top, I pull out the ring and get on a knee," Armin hummed happily, obviously happy with his idea.

"If you think both, you and Annie will like it, then go for it," Ymir said with a serious expression, stopping herself from smiling when she saw, who she considered the baby of the group, start to beam with happiness.

"Alright," Armin nodded, a content smile on his face, "And thanks for the help."

"Any time, my dude," you hummed while walking over to the freezer, "Now who wants ice cream?"

"Me!" Marco chirped. He always ate a bunch more than he usually did when it was nighttime.

"Ok, but don't come crying to me when you gain 5 extra pounds," you joked while taking out a big tub of vanilla ice cream. It was the only thing in there, though no one complained since it was just something everyone liked, the default if you will.

"Shut up, hoe," Marco huffed, crossing his arms as he finished up the slice of pizza. He grabbed your empty mug and his plate, placing them quietly in the sink.

"Give me some too," Ymir murmured, pulling out her phone and starting to scroll through the various different notifications she received on twitter.

"Me three!" Armin chirped. He got up, taking out bowls while you pulled out the spoons.

"So..." Marco yawned, a hand coming up to his mouth and covering it as he did, "When do you think you and Eren are getting engaged?"

"I don't know," you answered with a shrug, masking the slight sadness you felt with a smile, "What about you and Jean?"

"I saw a ring," Marco answered, "He didn't do a very good job of hiding it, so I'm assuming he's going to pop the question some time soon."

"Lucky," you laughed lightheartedly, grunting as you struggled to get the frozen treat out of its container. You put the scoop of ice cream in one of the bowls, going back into the container with your spoon to struggle in getting another spoon full.

"I'm sure Eren will propose soon enough. Just give the idiot time, he has trouble expressing his emotions through words sometimes," Armin pat your back in a comforting manner, seeming to have read your thoughts.

"Whatever," you rolled your eyes, a more genuine smile taking place on your features as you continued to work on getting the ice cream out of the tub.

"Just out of curiosity, when would you want your weddings to be?" Ymir asked, taking the first bowl that was filled with ice cream as soon as she saw you starting to work on filling the second bowl.

"Honestly, anything but summer. It's too hot for that shit," Marco answered.

"I want mine in winter, that is if I ever get engaged," you answered, sliding a bowl to Marco who happily accepted it.

"I guess I would say fall," Armin hummed, taking the tub of ice cream from you and finishing off putting the ice cream in the last two bowls for you and him.

"What about you, Ymir?" Marco asked, looking over at the brunette with expectant eyes.

"Probably spring. It's Historia's favorite season," she answered, a fond smile on her face as she imagined it all.

"Always thinking of Historia," said you with a shake of the head, "It's cute."

"I'm not cute, shut up," Ymir grumbled, a faint blush taking place on her cheeks as she looked down at her bowl to avoid any interrogations.

"She never said you were cute. You look like a pigeon with a bunch of diseases," Marco hummed, "She just thinks the fact that you always think of Historia is cute."

"No one asked for your commentary, Freckles," Ymir rolled her eyes.

Marco's mouth shot open, "You have freckles too!"

"So?" Ymir sassed.

You and Armin chuckled from the opposite side of the counter, Armin having put away the ice cream since he finished putting it in bowls.

"So don't make fun of me for having freckles."

"I'm a lesbian, you can't tell me what to do!"

"I'm gay! What's your point?"