Goodbyes [chapter 51]

"Bye dad and Zeke," Eren waved at the two males who were lugging their suitcases behind them both of them waving back and continuing their short walk to Grisha's car.

The visit of Carla, Zeke, and Grisha was coming to an end, everyone still saying their good byes.

"Carla," Niccolo spoke up, "I'll miss you. It was nice having one other sane person in this house."

"Oh, I'll miss you too," Carla said while giving Niccolo a firm hug. They stayed in their embrace for a moment before pulling back with smiles.

"Please don't leave!" Sasha wailed, Connie holding her back so she couldn't attack Carla with hugs, "You're so nice and your food is so good!"

"Aww," Carla placed a hand to her heart, "You are too sweet, but I have to go. I promise I'll come and visit again."

"You better," Connie playfully glared at her, making Carla chuckle.

"I'll miss you," Armin said, pulling the brunette woman into a hug while Mikasa joined in, giving the three of them a small group hug.

"Bye Mrs. Yeager," Annie waved.

"Ay!" you shot Annie in the shoulder with a Nerf gun, "That's my name, and last time I checked I wasn't leaving."

"Right," Annie rolled her eyes before correcting herself, "Bye Carla."

"Bye bye Annie," Carla smiled, keeping her distance and not giving her a hug, knowing from the little time she had spent there that Annie did not like physical contact with many people. There were a select few she didn't mind, those being: you, Armin, and Historia.

"Bye Carla," Marco said, pulling the woman into a hug.

"Good bye Marco," she hugged him back.

"Call me," he whispered to her before pulling away, Carla snickering at his little comment.

"Good bye," Jean said, swaying side to side slightly as he gave Carla one final hug, Carla returning the gesture and saying bye as well.

"Bye milf!" Ymir yelled from upstairs, having just finished taking a shower when Historia informed her Carla was leaving.

"Bye Carla! Safe travels!" Historia added on.

"Bye lovelies!" Carla shouted back.

That just left you and Eren to bid her fare well. Eren grabbed her suitcase and went outside, you and Carla following him. He closed the door to the house so there wouldn't be any interruptions when you and him bid a due to Carla.

"Bye mom," Eren smiled softly while pulling Carla into a tight embrace, his mom hugging him back. "I'll miss you tons."

"My turn," you whined, pushing Eren away and pulling Carla into a hug of your own, Carla chuckling at your interaction.

"I'll miss both of you a lot," Carla hummed, "You better stop by and visit every now and then."

"Yes ma'am," Eren smiled, wrapping his arm around your shoulder.

"Make sure to invite me to the wedding, and I better be the first person to know if y/n ever gets pregnant," Carla said with a firm nod and brows furrowed lightly, a smile coming back to her face immediately.

"Will do," you chuckled. "Fare well my love~"

"You're so weird," Eren laughed, waving to his mom who waved back before starting to make her way down the driveway and to the car.

Once his mom put her luggage in the trunk and got situated in the front seat, Grisha started to pull out of the driveway. Right as he was about to drive off, he honked; the three of them waving from inside the car. You and Eren returned the gesture with smiles, watching the back of the car as it moved further and further away, eventually leaving your line of sight when it turned a corner.

"So that's my new family?" you hummed with a content smile.

"Yeah, and I still have yet to meet yours," Eren replied, turning you so the two of you were facing each other.

"You will soon enough," you replied.

"I better," Eren laughed before leaning down and giving you a kiss. It was short, but still very much so sweet.

"Also," you started after Eren pulled away from the kiss, "I have a question."

Eren opened the door of the house, being met with no one waiting. Everyone else seemed to have dispersed around the house after his family left, leaving you and Eren alone.

"Hit me," he replied while stepping inside. He closed the door after you came in and the two of you started making your way up the stairs.

"Zeke has blonde hair, but both Carla and Grisha have dark hair..." you started to say, Eren almost immediately picking up on what you were going to ask.

"You're wondering how he and I are actually related," Eren cut in, opening the door to your bedroom once you reached it.

"Yeah," you nodded while looking more towards the ground. You looked up at Eren before he could answer, "But you don't have to answer if that topic is uncomfortable!"

"Nah, it's fine," Eren waved you off.

"You sure?" you asked while sitting down in the bed, your eyes watching Eren as he sat down at his desk.

"Yeah," he sighed. He seemed to ponder in thought for a moment, trying to come up with the correct way to word things, "To start off, he's my half brother. My dad had a kid with another woman who happened to be blonde, so that answers how he's related and why he's blonde."

"If you don't mind me asking..." you mumbled, "What happened to Zeke's biological mom?"

"She died in a car accident when he was about three," Eren answered, "My mom and dad started dating about a year or two after the incident. They got married and then my mom adopted Zeke so he was "officially" her son. After that they had me, and the rest is history."

"Oh," you muttered, "Well that's kind of depressing."

"Zeke says he doesn't remember much so it was easier for him to get over, but he still visits Dina's grave every month though," Eren hummed, powering up his computer.

"Dina? Was that her name?" you asked while getting up and walking to your own computer. Everyone was supposed to be live-streaming on twitch today because you were starting a new world.

"Yeah," Eren nodded, "And judging from the pictures I've seen of her, she was pretty."

"Carla pretty?" you asked.

"Nah," Eren shook his head, "No one can compare to my mom's beauty besides you."

"I'm flattered," you chuckled, setting up your stream, "What are we supposed to title it?"

"I don't know, but I'm titling my stream 'A Whole New World'," Eren replied.

"Aladdin," you clicked your tongue while nodding your head at Eren, a look of respect on your face, "Nice. You have good taste, my man."

"Thank you," Eren winked with a chuckle.