Marriage [chapter 73]

"You look lovely," Grisha complimented with a genuine smile, hooking his arm with yours while pulling the veil down to cover your face.

You smiled, though it was a bit hard to see with the fabric covering your face, "Thank you."

You were currently standing behind closed doors, the guests at your wedding waiting for you to walk down the aisle. The dress you had decided on wearing neatly covered your body. Grisha was wearing a suit, ready to walk you down the aisle in place of your biological father.

"Ready?" Grisha asked, hearing the 'here comes the bride' music start to play already.

"Yeah," you nodded your head, taking a deep breath before starting to walk with Grisha.

The doors to the room opened, eyes immediately falling to your figure. And though you had all those eyes on you, the only one's that truly mattered to you were Eren's. He had a slight look of nervousness on his face, however it was masked by the smile he wore with the faint blush that covered his cheeks.

You took a quick glance around the room, biting your bottom lip when you realized there were more people than you had expected to be there. In reality, it was about the exact amount of people you were expecting, but it sure did look like a lot.

You focused your eyes back on Eren, getting nearer to the man you were getting married to. When Grisha reached the end of the aisle, he unhooked his arm with yours, providing you with a smile and a nod of reassurance before taking a seat next to Carla who sat in the front row.

When you looked back up at Eren you saw his eyes were brimming with tears, but the brunette refused to let them fall.

"You look," Eren paused, trying to come up with a better word than just amazing, "exquisite."

"That is such a random word," you chuckled, turning to the officiated once you heard him clear his throat.

You were mostly paying attention to Eren instead of the officiator, but you did occasionally catch what he was saying. Eren lifted the veil from your face, his smile growing when he got a better look of your face.

"Now it is time for the vows," the officiator caught your attention, "Eren."

The brunette nodded, looking into your eyes with a huge smile on his face.

"So, I met you through Sasha who had a college class with you. You ended up becoming part of our friend group, and some other not so holy things happened which lead to us getting together. Blah, blah, blah, and we ended up living in a house with our friends. We got engaged and now we're here," Eren said, "Was definitely unexpected, but I don't regret a single thing."

You closed your eyes, chuckling a bit at the information he revealed that he had no need to say. You let out a small sigh before getting ready to speak your own vows.

"Y/n," the officiator nodded in your direction, giving you the go ahead to start speaking your vows.

You opened you mouth to speak, but no words came out. You could feel everyone's eyes on you, waiting for you to say some sort of sentimental shit. You rolled your eyes before grabbing the collar of Eren's clothes.

"I'm not saying this shit out loud," you informed everyone.

There were no complaints, Eren even helped by leaning down so you could access his ear better. You cupped your hands around his ear.

"I honestly didn't think we would end up at an alter. I just thought we were going to be fuck buddies, never in a million years did I think we were going to be a couple, and married at that. I love you, I really do. And I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."

You pulled away from Eren's ear, seeing the brunette grinning like an absolute maniac at your confession. He let out a content hum before nodding for the officiator to continue the wedding, leaving everybody to wonder what you said.

Skipping ahead a bit...

"I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride," the officiator announced.

You grabbed Eren's collar once again, forcefully yanking him down until he was at eye level with you. You pushed your lips against his, giving him a rough and short kiss before letting go of him.

Eren stood back up straight, fixing his suit with a small amount of shock present on his face. He held his arm out for you to take, you getting the hint and linking your arm with his. He started walking down the aisle, you by his side as you made your way past the rows.

"Y/n l/n Yeager," you mumbled to yourself, Eren looking at you from the corner of his eyes, "I like it."

Eren hummed in thought, nodding his head along with what you said as he passed through the door frame, "Me too."

You smiled, letting Eren lead the way to the dining hall/ballroom. Upon reaching the long table that you, Eren, along with bridesmaids and groomsmen were going to be sitting at, Eren pulled out your chair for you.

You gladly sat down, watching as Eren sat down in his own chair. Armin sat next to Eren, on the opposite side of him of course, and Marco sat down next to you. The other bridesmaids and groomsmen took their seats, watching the room fill up with guests.

"So you're married," Marco mumbled, making you turn your head to the side to look at him better, "We're both married. Holy shit."

You chuckled, nodding your head to what he said, "So do you and Jean plan on adopting, or do you just not want kids?"

Marco let out a sigh, closing his eyes and tilting his head towards the ceiling while humming. He was trying to think of the best answer to give you. He opened his eyes and turned his face back to you once he came up with something appropriate.

"I want a kid, but the process seems long and hard. On top of that, we would have to move out since there is no way we could live with a kid along with every one else. So maybe further down the road?" Marco scratched the back of his head with an uneasy laugh, "I don't really know."

You let out a sigh at the mention of moving out. It was something that frequently crossed your mind, and quite honestly, it scared the fuck out of you.

"Please don't talk about moving out," you groaned, a small pout forming on your lips.

"I'm sorry, but we both know it's going to happen sooner or later," Marco defended, holding his hands up.

"I know, I know. I just don't want to move out and then suddenly we don't talk to each other anymore," you admitted.

"We could try to find a neighborhood with a bunch of houses available so we can move in next to each other. Plus, we'll always be stuck together since we have our youtube channel to run," Marco rubbed your back in a comforting manner. "You can't get rid of me that easily."

"I know I can't. You've stuck with me since we were in diapers."

"And I'll be with you until we're in out caskets," Marco nodded firmly.

"Oh, I'm sure you will," you chuckled.

You looked over to Eren who was talking with Armin, a huge smile present on his face. You caught a glimpse of his ring, making you smile and look down at your own. You let out a content sigh, falling back a bit further into your chair.

"Yeah, I guess this is alright."

so that marks the end of this book. uhhh prolly gonna post a sequel soon so ig look out for that (that's a lie, it'll prolly take a month or so). thanks for sticking around this long. love you all❤︎

and ig follow me for more fics or whatever. man, i don't really care.