Beach [chapter 38]

"I'll race you all to the ocean," Armin piped up.

"I thought you didn't like water..." Historia trailed off, remembering what he said a year or so ago at the pool.

"I don't like pool water," Armin clarified, a little surprised she remembered something from so long ago, "I'm fine with ocean water though."

"Why don't you like pool water?" Ymir asked.

"Chlorine," Armin answered, "It makes my skin burn for some reason."

"Is it possible to be allergic to chlorine?" you asked Eren.

"It's possible to be allergic to anything," he answered, "Also, what does the loser have to do?"

"The last one down has to pay for everyone's ice cream later," Armin answered.

"I'm in," you chirped, many others agreeing with you.

"On three," Niccolo said.

"1," Mikasa started.

"3!" Connie shouted before booking it.

"Cheater!" Sasha yelled before charging after him, everyone else following her lead.

Ymir ended up last, the reason being she saw Historia was behind so she slowed down just enough for the blonde to beat her.

"Damn it," Ymir cursed.

"You didn't let me beat you, right?" Historia asked while narrowing her eyes at her girlfriend.

"...No," Ymir shook her head, looking away from Historia with a nervous sweat.

"I'm going to grab that spot under the trees before someone else does," Annie said while pointing out the spot she was talking about, jogging over to the spot and settling down with most of the group following behind her at a slower pace.

"I want to find a shark," you declared, your hands on your hips as you waited for Eren to finish putting your stuff down.

"Not gonna happen, Bozo," Marco said, "You can't swim that far out or you'll be taken away by the ocean's currents."

"Yolo," you rolled your eyes, Marco playfully hitting your shoulder as the two of you chuckled.

"But seriously bitch, you can't die. If you do, who else will I be able to talk shit with?" Marco asked.

"Fair point," you nodded.

"Your friendship is so bizarre," Armin shook his head while taking off his shirt to reveal his abs.

"YOU HAVE ABS?!" you and Marco shouted at the same time, mouths hanging open as you stared.

"Yeah?" Armin's brows furrowed, "Now can you stop looking? I'm kinda insecure..."

"I have abs too," Eren mumbled, Jean huffing from beside him. It was obvious they were jealous over the fact you and Marco were staring at Armin's build.

"Stop looking!" Armin screeched.

"Uh-huh," you hummed, looking away from the blonde with Marco copying your actions.

"Mr. Books has abs?" Marco whispered as you and him approached your boyfriends who were still mad about the two of you staring.

"I know, I'm just as shocked as you are," you whispered back, your fingers intertwining with Eren's as you completely ignored his jealous glare towards Armin.

"Stupid Armin, with his stupid muscles," Jean grumbled, kicking a bit of sand that was underneath where he was standing.

"Oh shut up," Marco elbowed him playfully.