Say Yes to the Dress [chapter 70]

"If the bride will come with me and the bridesmaids go with my co-worker to get seated that would be great," Stacy said, the co-worker she mentioned standing by her side with a smile.

"Uh, sure," you stepped forward and away from the group, letting Stacy lead you to wherever.

"So what sort of dress are we looking for? Is there anything you would like to avoid?" Stacy asked, walking further into the bridal shop, but more specifically the wedding dress for brides area.

"I would prefer something that doesn't show too much cleavage, but also not something that covers like up to my neck or something," you replied, scanning over a bunch of dresses that were on display. "I don't know, I'm kind of down for anything."

"So you're flexible? Makes my job easier," Stacy chuckled, opening a door to a private room you assumed was for changing. "If you'll wait here for a hot second, I will have some dress options for you to try on. And then you can show off to your friends if you'd like that."

"Sounds awesome," you gave a smile before plopping down on the couch and pulling out your phone.

The lady opened the door, slipped out, and made sure to shut the door behind herself. This left you alone in the somewhat small room. You scrolled through your phone, checking notifications and responding to some comments. It stayed that way for a few minutes until Stacy came back carrying 5 different dresses.

"Alright, which one do you want to try on first?" she asked, putting each dress on a mini rack they had in the dressing room.

You picked up a random one, paying not attention to the design or price, "I guess this one."

"Alright, well you can go ahead and change. Call me back in here if you need anything or when you're done," Stacy said before exiting the dressing room for you to get changed.

And so, you undressed yourself and got changed into the first dress. After doing so, you looked at yourself in the mirror, examining how you look in the dress and making a mental list of the pros and cons.

The dress was a silky white one, majority of the dress being skin tight. There was a lace piece at the bottom that expanded outwards from the skin tight dress. It had no straps or sleeves, and covered most of your breast apart from a small slit that could be seen.

"Hmm," you hummed in thought staring at yourself in the mirror for a moment before remembering the person that was waiting for you on the other side of the door, "You can come back in now!"

"Alright!" Stacy called from the other side of the door, slowly opening the door so you wouldn't be startled by any sudden movements. She looked at you staring at yourself in the mirror, "So, thoughts?"

"I don't know," you admitted, "It's not exactly the thing I'm looking for, like at all. Don't get me wrong, it looks amazing, just not quite for me."

"You wanna show this to your friends and ask for their thoughts or just change?" Stacy asked, coming up behind you and adjusting the dress a bit.

"I'm fine with showing them," you nodded to her, looking at yourself in the mirror one final time before turning to face the exit of the room.

"Ok, then follow right after me," Stacy informed, walking to the door and opening it, gesturing for you to follow after her.

You did as told, letting the bottom of the dress drag across the floor since it was too far down to pick up without looking weird. You stepped up onto the mini stage they had set up, doing a small turn once you felt all of your friends' eyes on you.

"What do you think?" you asked, making sure you were facing them when you spoke.

"Not your style," Marco answered honestly, "Like, it looks amazing on you. But it's not something for you, maybe try something else."