Homophobes [chapter 58]

hey hey. first off, since many people have been asking, i do daily updates unless stated otherwise. second, tomorrow i will not be updating. i'm getting behind on the pre typed chapters, so sorry.

"Pass the salt," Connor spoke in a demanding tone, talking to Laila who happened to have it next to her.

"This needs a lot more than just salt to actually taste good," you murmured under your breath, Brantley letting out a small sound as they tried to hold back his laughs.

"What the hell are you laughing at, faggot?" Connor said to Brantley, noticing the person next to you making a small noise.

"Not a straight man— no boy," Eren corrected himself, "using the f-slur."

"Why is it so bad, it's just a word," Connor scowled, his scrawny and pale frame not backing down to Eren, who was much bigger in contrast to your comic book enthusiast of a step brother.

"Because you don't have the right to say it. You're straight," Eren replied simply, his green eyes glaring daggers at Connor, as if edging him on to try and challenge him again.

"Of course she chose someone like him," your father rolled his eyes while gesturing towards Eren.

"What's wrong with him?" you asked, not once looking up from the food you were picking over since it had absolutely no seasoning.

"I just don't like him," your dad replied, "You should call of your engagement."

"Well I don't like Amy, but here we are," you retorted, using his wife's first name.

"Don't call me that," Amy scolded, "I am your mother, and you will show me respect."

"First of all, over my dead body," you looked up from your food for the first time, "Second of all, you are not my mother. You happen to be the female who my not-so-great dad cheated on my mom with. You have no authority over me."

Everything was getting tense, Laila and Brantley choosing not to involve themselves in the conversation.

"I am, by law, your step mother, so I can and I will tell you what to do," Amy snapped back.

"Oh my gosh, get this bitch a breath mint. I can smell her breath from 50 miles away," Brantley mumbled, making sure you were the only one who could hear them.

"And I am, by law, an adult. Once again, you have no control over me," you retorted, ignoring Brantley's joke so you wouldn't draw attention to them, though internally you were laughing.

"Listen to your mother," your father joined in.

"She would, but her mom is currently twenty minutes away," Eren answered for you, sending a mean look your father's way.

"I still don't like you, so if you want to get married to my daughter you better stay quiet," your dad threatened.

"I would, but I don't care," Eren pouted sarcastically, perking back up immediately, "I'm getting married to her regardless of wether you like it or not."

"Y/n, you're not getting married to him," your father ordered as if that would actually stop you. "I'll object at your wedding and then legally it won't be able to happen."

"Then you won't be invited to the wedding," you replied simply, making your father look at you offended, "Eren and I have been together for years now, and wether you like it or not, we will be getting married."

"You can't not invite your own father to the wedding. Who'll walk you don't the aisle if not me," your father said to you like you were the dumbest person in the world.

"Then I'll ask Grisha to do it," you spoke firmly, voice never once faltering as you went against your dad.

"Who the hell is Grisha?" your step mother snapped at you.

"Eren's dad," you hummed, "And, no. You can't start dating him. He's married, though I'm sure you'll still try anyways."

Brantley finally cracked, starting to laugh uncontrollably at your last comeback. Their face had been starting to turn red since the beginning of the argument, Brantley having tried to hold back their laughs.

"Stop laughing, mom and dad are going to get mad," Laila whispered to Brantley, a bit of worry taking over her tone.

You took notice of her actions, seeing how she was completely different when she knew her mom and dad weren't listening to her. She looked over at you silently asking you for help as the fear was evident on her face.

"Shut up you whore! Don't act like it's my fault your dad had an affair!" Any shouted, making you slam your hands on the table and stand up.

"You had an affair with you're ex husband too! I don't know why you're trying to play the fucking victim!" you shouted back, feeling Eren's had grab onto yours in a subtle attempt to calm you down.

"I feel sorry for Eren, what with having to deal with your whiny ass all the time! He probably doesn't even love you! He only wants you for your body!" Amy shouted once again.

And for Eren, that was the final straw.

He stood up abruptly, firmly holding onto your hand as he started pulling you to the door, "We're not wasting our time here anymore. Let's leave."

You nodded, mutely following behind him as you heard two chairs squeak across the floor. When you made it to the door, Eren opened it and pulled you out of the house, not closing the door when he saw Laila and Brantley.

"Please don't go," Laila begged you. "No one's ever stood up to the momster."

In all honesty, Laila looked up to you. She found you to be an amazing person who she wanted to be like as she got older. She just didn't know how to express such emotion, resulting in her trying to push you away so she could quietly watch you and become more like you.

You chuckled at the name she gave her mom, "Sorry, but I can't stay in that house for another minute."

"Can you still invite me to the wedding? I want to see you get married," Brantley spoke up.

"Me too!" Laila raised her hand.

"Alright, you'll both be invited. But you're the only two people from this household that will be," you informed, "Brantley, call Vivianne or my mom and ask her to pick you up for the wedding. Don't want the homophobes crashing it."

Laila nodded, "Yes ma'am!"

"We'll be leaving, but make sure to keep on touch with me," you waved at Brantley and Laila, Eren doing the same before walking with you down the drive away.

Once you were in his car, you let out a sigh of relief. You closed your eyes and tilted your head back, hearing as the engine to the car got started. Eren placed his hand back in yours as he drove out of the neighborhood.

"I'm sorry," Eren mumbled after a short period of silence.

"Sorry about what?" you hummed, opening your eyes and looking over at Eren who only stared ahead of himself and at the road.

"I went too far," Eren replied.

"Nah, they're just homophobic bitches," you shook your head.

"And I do actually love you. I'm not using you for your body," Eren clarified, obviously doubting wether or not you actually believed your mother.

"Of course I know that. We wouldn't have been dating for years if you were," you reassured him.

"Right, sorry. That was stupid on my part," Eren chuckled.

"It sure was."

"You weren't supposed to agree with me."

"Oops. Sorry I guess."