Hair Braiding [chapter 54]

do you guys really not want y/n and eren to have kids? if so, it won't happen. but do be warned, it will come at a price.

You were in the bathroom you and Eren shared, brushing your hair after a shower you had barely taken twenty minutes ago. You hair was still slightly damp, and your locks were sort of a tangled mess, but it was nothing that couldn't be handled.

You were currently wearing one of Eren's hoodies, a pair of shorts on as well. Though it was hard to tell if you were actually wearing them or not since his hoodie covered past your butt. There was also a pair of fuzzy socks covering your feet, a design of pandas littering the gray socks that came up to your ankles.

"I hate doing my hair," you mumbled, parting your hair down the middle to make things a bit easier.

You struggled to brush out your hair, yanking through whatever knots had formed when you washed your hair. Letting out a sigh, you braided the left side of your hair down until you met the ends before moving on to brushing out your right side.

What was Eren doing?

He was watching you brush and braid you hair from on top of the counter. He had finished showering right before you had started on your hair. His green eyes studied your hands intently as they wove through your hair, not once stopping.

"Whatcha doing?" you asked him. You had felt his eyes on you the whole time, but ultimately ignored it because he was just silently watching. You thought he was just interested in the process of which you use to do your hair after washing it.

The brunette looked down into his lap with a small blush before looking back up at you, seeming to be too timid to ask something of you.

"Promise you won't laugh?" he asked.

"Depends on what you're about to say," you hummed, wiping your hands on the towel that lied on the counter after you finished braiding your hair. You turned towards your fiancé, your full attention now on the green eyed male.

Eren let out a sigh, mumbling something that you almost couldn't hear, "Could you maybe braid my hair...?"

Your brows furrowed slightly before you let out a small laugh. It was on the quieter side when the sound emitted from your lips.

"That's what you were so embarrassed to ask?" you asked rhetorically, walking over to him and parting his legs so you could stand in between them.

"Maybe..." he muttered, looking away from your figure that had a grin on your face.

"That's not anything weird. Why would I laugh at you for that?" you smiled while using one of your hands to cup his cheek and force him to look at you.

"I don't know," Eren looked into your eyes, a look of innocence dancing in his green. And though he was anything but that, you still found it cute. "Will you braid my hair?"

"Of course," you nodded, "But you're going to need to sit down or something because I'm not going to try and reach up to do your hair."

"Yes," Eren whispered with a small smile, moving your body out from between his legs so he could jump off the counter.

The brunette grabbed your hand and led you out of the bathroom, turning off the lights on the way out. He walked over to the bed with you in tow, sitting down criss-cross on the floor, his back against the bed and waiting for you to get behind him. You chuckled at the small amount of eagerness he was displaying, crawling on the bed after grabbing a brush and hair tie.

"What kind of braid do you want?" you asked while draping your legs over his shoulders, humming a quiet tune as you brushed through his brown hair.

"There's more than one?" Eren gasped, his eyes lighting up and an even larger grin spreading across his features. He rocked side to side slightly as he tried his hardest to contain his continuous growth of excitement, "Which one do you always do?"

"French braids," you answered, a smile of your own coming onto your face at Eren's excitement over the littlest thing.

"Can you do that one for me?" Eren asked.

"Sure," you chuckled, brushing his hair back so it wasn't in his middle part anymore.

You figured it would look best if you gave him a singular braid. It was also easier and quicker, so it was a no brainer on what you were going to do.

Setting the brush to the side, you raked your fingers through his hair a few more times before taking a small section of hair in the front and dividing it into three sections. You started braiding his hair, your hands moving quickly as you added another few strands of hair every time you twisted.

"I love you," Eren mumbled, his eyes shutting while he enjoyed the feeling of you braiding his hair.

"I love you too I guess," you replied.

"Pretty loser," Eren mumbled, the smile still on his face. He made you laugh at the small comment.

The rest of the time you spent braiding his hair was silent, but not an uncomfortable one. Things were nice and quiet, the chaotic disaster of a household you live with almost completely disappearing. The only reason you still knew they were there was the faint screaming of, who you assumed was, Armin. Other than that, everything was calm.

"All done!" you chirped after tying off Eren's braid with the small clear rubber band that you, by some miracle, managed not to loose in the sheets of your bed.

"Thank you," Eren said quickly before rushing to the bathroom so he could look in the mirror at his reflection.

You chuckled at his actions, getting up with the brush and heading to the bathroom with your phone. As soon as you got in, you took a few pictures of Eren's smile through the mirror, knowing you were more than likely going to post that later. Or you would just keep it for yourself, it really just depended on how you were feeling.

"I love it," Eren let a boyish grin spread across his face, his eyes taking a quick glance at you.

"Mhm," you hummed, opening the drawer in the bathroom and placing the brush inside of it, "You're welcome."

"Is there a word that means more than love?" Eren asked, "Because if so, that's how I feel about you."

You laughed at this, moving one of his arms so you could stand in front of him, "You're adorable."

"Mhm," Eren hummed, his arms snaking their way around your waist as he placed his chin on the top of your head. He lightly closed his eyes, letting out a content sigh and hugging your body tighter. "You're even more adorable."

You stayed quiet for a moment, your features slowly contorting into those of disgust.

"Ewww! Affection," you sneered, "...Do it again."

Eren chuckled at this, "Gorgeous dummy."

"Yeah, yeah. Give me more of those backhanded compliments."

"Was never planning on stopping."

also i shall not update tomorrow. sorry, i just have shit i need to get done.