Gertie [chapter 49]

"This chicken better not be bland," you whispered to Marco who sat beside you, the freckled male humming and nodding his head in agreement.

"This is white people we're talking though..." he whispered back.

"But Niccolo," you replied.

"You right, you right," he nodded, both of you sitting up straight and smiling like you weren't talking a few seconds prior.

"Everything looks lovely," you said with the sweetest smile you could muster.

"Thank you dear," Carla smiled, making both you and Marco instantly regret ever doubting her cooking skills.

"Let's dig in?" Connie asked, drool almost coming out of the side of his mouth as he stared down the food, glad he didn't have to continue editing the video he got stuck doing this time around.

"Go right ahead," Carla smiled before starting to put food on her own plate.

"Can I have ice cream after this?" you asked, piling everything except for the vegetables up on your plate.

Eren put a spoonful of each vegetable on your plate for you, giving you a 'mhm' to let you know it was alright to eat the frozen treat. You happily ate your food, being silent and not causing any problems as you pictured the ice cream you would be able to eat after you finished the meal.

"Can you tell embarrassing baby stories?" Sasha asked Carla who's started smiling as she nodded her head.

"Oh no," Eren sighed.

"Oh yes!" your head perked up as you started paying more attention to everything.

"Tell them about soccer," Mikasa hummed, smirking when she saw Eren glaring at her.

"Oh, alright!" Carla chirped, "So Eren was trying out soccer for the first time, he was probably about 5 or so. Anyways, that kid was like accident prone. He always had some sort of injury, ranging from a simple cut to an almost broken leg."

"Tell them about the thing I did when we had to play against each other because we were on different teams," Armin said, a cheeky grin spreading across his face as Eren shook his head frantically, practically begging his mom not to tell that story.

"Ok so, you already know they were playing against each other, right? Armin was tinier than Eren, it's always kinda been that way. Anyways, him and Eren had came face to face with each other and Armin didn't know what to do. And they were still five, so they weren't wearing certain gear that they would wear now," Carla started, doing a bit of hand gestures subconsciously, "Armin, being the little gremlin he was, kicked Eren in the place where it hurts most. My kid was out for the rest of the game!"

Eren slammed his head on the table, refusing to pick it up. The brunette was blushing so hard, embarrassment being the only emotion he truly felt at the moment. You and the others started laughing regardless of how Eren reacted.

"Square in the baby maker," Connie wheezed.

"I would pay to see that happen," Jean cackled, his horse laugh showing their true colors.

"And I'd do it again," Armin nodded, a determined look on his face.

"I would too, but I also like the sex so I won't say anything," you whispered to Marco who started laughing even harder after what you said.

"Where was I when all this happened?" Zeke asked.

"Probably playing in a baseball game," Carla answered.

"That makes sense," Zeke murmured.

"Oh, oh!" Mikasa pointed at Carla, dragging the attention to her, "Tell them about the time we broke the walls!"