Prologue

fair warning that this story is EXTREMELY cringe. it was loosely based off brooklyn baby but that serious writing style didn't suit me at the time so i ended up with a weird mixture of crack fic and smut. read at your own risk.

You had been attending the same university for the past three years, and yet you still found yourself not being very fond of it. It might've been the fact you had to wake up real early on some days, or the fact you couldn't just neglect your work and constantly had to put in some amount of effort.

Regardless, you viewed college as just another school with the same amount of torture. There were a few differences though.

Such as the amount of freedom you had wasn't nearly as limited as it was when you were in high school. Though that was a plus, books also cost more and the school didn't provide you with things unless you bought it.

With a start of a new year meant new classes, though a few of them stayed the same. That didn't mean the same people however.

You walked into your first class of the year with a sigh, scanning the room to see about half of the seats empty. You could see eager freshmen sitting closer towards the front and middle of he class, a few deciding to sit in the back.

There were only a few familiar faces, but most of the people from the year before weren't there. Or they were just late...

You chose your regular spot which hadn't appeared to be claimed yet. Second row from the back, column three, first seat from the left aisle.

Right as you started heading towards the seat you saw another person walking over towards it. The only joy you might've had in the class was about to be taken from a brunette girl with a small smile.

She sat down, but not in your chair. Nope, the one directly next to it.

It relieved you, making the first smile of the day come onto your face as you strode over to the seat as quick as you could before someone else was able to scare you.

"Oh, hi!" the brunette who almost scared you earlier chirped, "I'm Sasha."

"I'm y/n," you nodded at her, placing your bag down on the table in front of you. "You a freshman?"

"Nope," Sasha shook her head, "The class I was in last year was a bit hectic, so I asked to be put in a different class."

You nodded, raising your brows quickly before returning them to their original position. You pulled out a notebook and pen, seeing Sasha do the same from your peripherals.

"Is this class hard at all?" Sasha asked after a few moments of silence between the two of you.

"Nah," you waved her off, "This professor is pretty chill. Just turn in your assignments on time and you're all good."

"Can I have your number?" she asked, "That way you can help me with homework and I can help you!"

"I doubt I'll ever be needing help," you responded, slipping your hand in your pocket and pulling out your phone, "But I need more friends, so sure."

"Great!" Sasha chirped, taking your phone from you when you offered it. She quickly put her number in, calling herself when she was done so she would have your contact in her own phone as well.

Sasha changed your contact name, handing your phone back to you while she was at it. She gave you a bright smile when she shut off her phone, "I think we'll be good friends."