Growing Up [chapter 72]

You sat still in front of the vanity, back facing the mirror as you watched your friends rush around the room. Your make up was halfway done and your hair was piled atop your head in a messy bun. You were chilling in a crop top and a pair of shorts, laughing from time to time at your friends' distressed states.

"Where is the flat brush?!" Historia shrieked, messing up the vanity's once neat set up to find the specific brush she had just mentioned. Her wedding ring shined as the light from the vanity reflected off of it.

"I don't know!" Mikasa wailed, sliding down against the wall until she was eventually flat on her butt.

"You all need to calm down!" Aero scolded, "After I finish freaking out about the fact I can't find the curling iron!"

"This is pure chaos," Marco commented as he looked around the room, sitting down in a chair beside you holding up the brush Historia was looking for, "I love it."

It was the day of your wedding, you and Marco being the only calm ones at the moment. Well as well as Sasha who seemed kind of annoyed with the whole situation. Marco was your maid of honor while Sasha, Mikasa, Annie, and Historia were your bridesmaids.

"I need bobby pins!" Annie exclaimed as she looked at herself in the mirror, trying to keep her hair in a bun until it came time for her to actually get her hair done.

Sasha let out an annoyed sigh, "Marco has the brush you're looking for, Hisu. Aero, curling iron is still in the bag over in that corner. The bobby pins are in the second drawer to your left. And Mikasa, get off your ass."

You and Marco's eyes widened at Sasha's tone and words. The usually bubbly foodie had an attitude, and she was lashing out.

"Thanks Sash," Annie hummed, opening the drawer Sasha had informed her of.

"Now y/n, hold still," Historia said to you firmly, holding tightly onto your chin as she tilted it upwards so she could get more light on your face. Her brows were furrowed as she started applying some sort of eyeshadow that you didn't care enough to know the name.

"My baby's getting married!" you mom exclaimed in a country accent while bursting through the door, your step sister, Vivianne, in tow.

"The bitch actually got her life together?" Vivianne joked, setting down the bridesmaid dresses she had been draping over her arm.

Your mom set down your wedding dress along with Marco's suit, laughing along to what your step sister said while she was at it. She walked over to you, Marco, and Historia, examining the work the blonde applying your makeup had already done.

"She looks gorgeous," your mother said.

"Like you," Vivianne added when she was standing next to your mother who wasn't technically related to her at all, but she still looked up to like an actual mother.

"That is the biggest insult I have ever received," your mom scrunched up her nose in disgust, laughing when she felt you playfully kick her shin.

"Didn't you just say I look gorgeous? That's would make you go against your own words," you hummed.

"Yeah, well you also went against your own words when you said you wouldn't tell embarrassing stories at my wedding," Marco retorted, "But you still did."

"Well it's different when it's me," you replied, Marco rolling his eyes at your statement.

"How so?" Annie asked, setting down the curling iron carefully as she watched Aero plug the device into an outlet nearby.

"Because it's my day, so everybody has to do what I say," you winked at her.

"Oh, right," Annie monotoned, "The rule Hisu created because she was stressed during her wedding day, and now the rule applies to all weddings."

"Shut up," Historia grumbled with a small pout, "I was freaking out. And you will too once your day comes around."

"I doubt it, but ok," Annie retorted with an eye roll.

"I'm not nervous," you smirked, adding yourself into the conversation to help Annie's case.

"Yeah, well some of us are normal," Mikasa replied, starting to do her own make up in the mirror, kicking Marco out of his spot so she could look into the mirror.

"I take offense in that statement," Marco placed a hand over his heart, remembering when he had his wedding a few months ago and how he didn't get any sort of sense of nervousness either.

"Stop squirming," Historia scolded, holding your chin in a firm grasp.

"I'm not squirming, your hand is just shaking," you retorted, "It's probably because of the seven cups of coffee you drank this morning."

Historia went silent for a moment, hyper fixating on getting your eyeliner done perfectly for a moment, "A poor decision, but one I do not regret."

"That right there, that was a whole ass mood," Karmen commented, pushing the door to the room open with a certain someone following behind them.

"Your favorite person is here!" an all too familiar voice chirped, popping out from behind Karmen's back with an eager smile. The lights reflected off their glasses, making the person's eyes not visible, but their eyes were more then likely shining.

"Hange!" you exclaimed excitedly, Historia removing the brush from your face and turning around to face Hange.

"Hey Hange," Sasha greeted with a smile, her previous emotion of annoyance disappearing almost as soon as she said the person's name.

"How are my juniors doing? Amazing? Y/n, ready to walk down that aisle?" Hange asked, walking towards you and grabbing your hands with a huge smile.

You smiled back, slowly nodding your head up and down, "Yeah."

Hange stayed silent, their eyes fixated on yours, "Then go get your dress on."

"Sasha? Can you come help me?" you asked the brunette who was already grabbing your dress along with her own. She nodded, opening the door to the bathroom and waiting for you to come in with her.

Marco watched you disappear onto the bathroom with a fond smile, "Sometimes I wonder how we grew up so fast..."

"I wonder that too. I mean, not so long ago I was changing your diapers," your mom nodded along to what Marco said, "And now you're married and y/n's getting married. You grew up in a blink of the eye."

Hange let out a sigh and flopped down in a chair, "Soom enough, somebody's gonna start popping out kids..."

Historia chuckled, "Then things will really start changing."

"Stop it, you're making me feel old."

"Vivi, you are literally the youngest person in the room."

"...I still feel old."