Chapter 18: The hunt

We learn some shit. . .

-----------------------------------------------------------

Aldo slowly approached our little group, A frown on his face.

''Sir!'' The men barked out in surprise, Getting to their feet quickly.

Sophie however remained laying on top of me, Keeping me pinned down.

He looked over his men before moving to crouch down in front of me.

''Get off of him Sophie, He won't run'' Aldo muttered, Reaching down to rest his fingers in the feathers on my head.

I hissed quietly only to fall silent when he lightly tugged on the feathers.

I let out the smallest of sighs as the weight of the female was removed from me.

''Did they explain what's going to happen to him?'' Aldo asked Sophie, Ignoring me as I got back to my paws.

I moved away from his hand, Causing his attention to turn back to me.

He stood up as well, Moving to stand next to me, Staring down at me.

''Nope, Egg head there went off on a tangent about how Sweetie here will end up being fucked by you'' Sophie stated bluntly from somewhere off to the left.

I watched as an annoyed expression slowly formed on his face.

''Sophie. Go explain what's going to happen tonight to Sweetie here.'' Aldo ordered as he turned away from me, Scowling at the men.

''The rest of you. Back in the tent. We need to have a word.'' I heard him growl out before a wing was draped over my back.

 I jumped slightly, My feathers bristling as I hissed quietly at Sophie.

''Cool your tits and come with me'' She said simply, Leaving me no time to argue.

She walked off, Trusting me to follow.

I did, But at a distance.

She wasn't exactly the same as the concubine I had seen with Aldo before, The one who had glared at me.

The one from before had clear skin, This one, Sophie, Had faint freckles splattered across her skin at random like little stars in the night sky.

However, Other than that, They looked almost exactly the same.

Are. . .They related or am I seeing things?

Before I could decide on which concerning guess I was going to go with, We had arrived at a tent.

''Ladies first'' Sophie teased lightly as she held the tent flap open.

I went to take a step inside when She stopped me.

''Second or third form, Trust me, It's far too tiny in there for a first form'' Sophie warned, Making me pause.

I didn't want to shift out of my first form, However, It would be much harder to react quickly in I was trapped due to lack of space.

With a tense shuddered sigh, I shifted into my second form, My wings moving forwards to hide my privates.

Sophia instantly looked in the direction of my privates at that.

''We gotta get some clothes on you, Right now you're just asking to be attacked. . .'' She muttered as she ushered me inside.

I had to blink a few times so my eyes would adjust to the darker tent.

''Sit on the blue cot, I'll grab you something to wear'' Sophie said, Waving me over to the second bed in this room.

Sitting down slowly, I kept my wings modestly wrapped around myself.

''So do you know what a hunt is?'' Sophie asked as she rummaged around in a wooden chest filled with clothes and supplies.

''Yup'' I muttered tersely, Unsure what this had to do with me and the new hell I have now been dropped in.

''Well this thing that's going to go down tonight is in a way somewhat similar to a hunt'' She said as she pulled out some sort of cloth.

She held it up to my wing, Making me nervously pull my wings closer to my body.

''Hmm, Nah, Clashes with your hair'' She muttered, Putting the yellow colored item back into the chest.

''Right, Anyways, The hunt'' She said before I could get back on topic.

''So, It's tradition among us Normals as I've been told we're called, That the weaker mate doesn't get a verbal say or choice in who they end up with'' Sophie started, Making me frown.

''Instead, The time they get their say in who they're mated to is during a little thing called the mate hunt'' Sophie continued.

At this point, I was sitting on the edge of the bed, Listening closely.

This is fucked up. . .

''Their biological mate as well as a few others who take in interest in whoever is the weaker one will gather at sunset for a night long hunt'' She continued, Pulling another clothing item out of the chest.

She held it up to my wings again before smiling and nodding.

''Here, This should go well with your hair and eyes'' She said as she handed me a deep violet colored article of clothing.

''Uh. . .Thank you?'' I muttered quietly in surprise before she made a shooing motion at me with her hands.

''Go on now, It's not just for looking at, Put it on'' She encouraged before turning her back to me, Giving me a bit of privacy.

I nodded and started to slip on the. . .Toga?

''Trust me, You'll want the amount of movement and spare fabric that will give you when it's time for the hunt'' Sophie explained before continuing to explain the hunt.

''Anyways, During the hunt, The ones hunting will pretty much show off their talents in hopes of either catching the 'prey' or catching their attention'' I heard Sophie explain as I struggled into the needlessly complicated clothing.

At least it hopefully will be equally hard to get off. . .That might buy me some time. . .

''Regardless of how the hunt turns out, When the sun rises, The hunt is over, If the 'prey' escapes and is not caught by the hunters before dawn then they cannot be chased or tracked down'' She continued.

''So what you're saying. . .Is this is my chance to get free?'' I asked as I finally got the Toga on.

''Pretty much, However, It's gonna be a lot harder for you than for most others'' She warned as I turned to face her.

''Because of who Aldo is, Lots of members will be joining the hunt to try and catch you that way they might have a chance of holding sway over him'' She explained as she fixed my Toga slightly.

''Don't worry, I'll give you some tips on how to dodge them'' She assured, Confusing me.

''Why? Why are you offering me help?'' I asked quietly, Thrown off guard by the kindness from my enemy.

She gave me a sympathetic smile at that, ''Because I've survived lots of Mating hunts, And I've almost lost just as many, I don't want others to have to suffer through them more than once'' She explained before she moved back to the chest.

Oh. . .Maybe. . .She's on my side?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Next chapter should have the hunt and the start of smut. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen