Chapter 41: Interesting. . .

>:D

--------------------------------------------------------

The stars and the full hunters moon were high in the sky, Lighting the world around us in shades of yellow and orange.

And in the distance. . .I could see a large walled kingdom.

Well. . .That doesn't look traumatizing at all. . .

The walls were smooth and coated with a dark reddish-black 'paint', The top towers and walk way that covered the tops of the walls were covered in spikes. . .A few of the spikes had impaled heads and skulls on them.

And by a few I mean around half of them.

''Alexi, Do you still have that Head's head?'' Aldo called out as I blinked slowly, Almost asleep but still barely hanging on.

That's . . . A tongue twister. . .What idiot decided to call their leaders the 'Head' anyways?

The woman he had been speaking to must have nodded or some shit as Aldo let out a sigh before nudging his horse into action, Approaching the giant wooden and metal gate.

''We're almost there, Just hang in there'' Aldo murmured warmly against the shell of my ear, One of his hands running up my side, Making me shiver.

I wasn't so sure I liked contact like that. . .But then again, It could just be because I was slightly distressed and fighting sleep.

As soon as we got close enough to the gate that the guards on the walls and in their posts could see us, All hell broke loose.

The guards shouted out greeting as they hurried out to intercept us.

I anxiously raised my wings as Aldo hopped down from his horse, Embracing a few of the over eager guards and shaking hands with some of the older or meeker ones as he gave orders which were carried out as soon as the words left his mouth.

A few guards were giving me curious and or suspicious looks as they passed, Going to help some of the exhausted soldiers.

I was about to get down from the horse when Aldo stopped me, Placing his hand over my leg to stop any further movement.

''Stay up there sweetie, We're about to head inside'' Aldo assured me as I watched one of the guards take the severed head of the Normal who had led the attack on my tribe. . .And just oh so calmly impale it on one of the spikes.

I clenched my hands, Looking away from the spikes as I felt like getting sick.

Oh gosh. . .That was. . . Disturbing. . .

I tried my best to forget the sight of a large metal spike being forcefully shoved through a ever so slightly decaying skull.

Aldo was speaking with another person as he started to lead his horse, And in turn, Me, Into the large walled in kingdom.

I shrunk down in on myself as the large stone and metal castle that was in the direct center of the very very large kingdom.

As we approached the imposing building, A small group of five women and one meek acting man, Approached Aldo, Some of them moving in to try and kiss him only for him to gently grab onto them and lightly move them away.

''We need to have words in a moment'' He told the confused women and annoyed looking man before leading his horse closer to the entrance.

As soon as we were a few feet from the entrance, Aldo suddenly swept me off of his horse, Holding me bridal style as I let out a squeak of surprise.