Chapter 71: Fear

Theo Pov!

------------------------------------------------------

The wound in my side wasn't nearly as bad as it looked. . .And felt. . .

It was pretty deep but it hadn't nicked any. . .Overly important organs and veins.

But that didn't seem to matter to Aldo, Jude. . .Or the guards and healer who were worriedly hovering and fussing over everyone currently here.

My wounds had been cleaned, Packed and bandaged before I was finally more or less left alone so Jude's wounds could also be looked at.

I had been left on the bed with sternly worded orders to stay put.

Jude was currently in the bathroom with the healer fussing over him, Leaving me almost fully unattended.

I really didn't feel like all of this was needed, The crushed seed powder had taken effect by now, Covering my pain and leaving my head a bit fuzzy feeling.

Surely it's okay to get up now. . .I want to make sure Jude's okay. . .

There had been a lot of blood and torn feathers during the fight, I couldn't really be sure how badly Jude might have been hurt seeing as he was almost instantly whisked away from me as soon as Aldo and his guards arrived.

Trying to sit up a bit, I was instantly pushed back down to the soft bed by Aldo, His hands firmly holding onto my shoulders.

Where'd he come from?

''Don't move sweetie'' He murmured, His hands drifting up to gently cup my face as he sat down on the edge of the bed beside me.

''But I-'' I started to protest before his hand drifted up to cover my mouth.

''Darling, Try and get up again and I'll have you tied down to the bed, Do you understand?'' He questioned, Moving his hand once again to gently tilt my head up with one single finger on my chin.

Swallowing nervously, I hesitantly raised my hands, Grabbing onto his and moving his down away from my face.

It was difficult to think too quickly at the moment with the crushed seeds in my system.

''I- I'm fine Yellow, See? I can move perfectly well an-'' I tried to reason, Starting to get out of bed before Aldo chuckled darkly, An. . .Honestly scary glint in his eyes.

He shook his head while walking over to a nearby wooden chest that rested up against the wall beside where he kept his clothes.

Slowly, I started to get up out of bed as he rummaged through said chest.

The guard stationed at the door was watching both of us closely, A sympathetic look on her face when she looked towards me.

I opened my mouth, About to speak when Aldo returned to me, A strip of soft looking cloth held in his hands.

''Love, Lay back down on the bed'' He ordered firmly, His tone leaving no room for argument.

Despite that, I still opened my mouth to protest, To plead my case with him.

Said attempt to protest earned me a nearly bruising kiss from the grey winged man, Shutting me up as he pressed me back down to the bed.

A small squeak escaped me as he pinned my hands above my head, Wrapping the fabric tightly around both my wrists before abruptly pulling back, Leaving me dazed and blinking dumbly.

Trying to move, I was surprised to find my arms now tied to the bedpost.

''A-Aldo? Aldo please. . .Untie me'' I nervously pleaded as he moved back to sit on the bed again, Watching me as I squirmed up to sit at the top of the bed, Pressed up against the headboard so my arms wouldn't be stretched out above my head.

The grey winged man looked me up and down before shaking his head, A gentle smile slowly forming on his face as he leaned closer to me.

I closed my eyes, Expecting him to kiss me again.

Instead, He buried his nose in my hair, His arms wrapping around me as he moved closer until he was holding me on his lap.

''The healer told you to rest. And I will make sure you rest'' He murmured quietly into my hair, Strong conviction in his voice as he spoke.

Slowly, I relaxed in his hold, A frown forming on my face at the. . .Fearful? under tone in his voice.

''But I feel fine. . .I really do, I'm not even sore. . .'' I quietly reasoned, Shivering as his hands moved to gently rub at my back, Pushing at my tense muscles every now and then, Earning quiet groans of appreciation.

I fully expected his actions to be distraction tactics, Stopping me from trying to 'disobey' him and the healer.

''I do not care Theo.'' He stated firmly, Catching me off guard and making me pull back slightly from him.

What?

His eyes were stony as I met his gaze, Making me pause.

He's. . .Mad?. . .He's mad because what? Because I feel fine?

My head was too fuzzy with the crushed spices for me to really fully understand what was happening. . .

''I am happy to hear you're not in any pain but as far as I'm concerned, You feeling okay is worthless when it comes to your health.'' He continued, One of his hands drifting up to very gently card through my hair, A jarring difference from the stern edge to his voice.

''Do you have any idea how terrified I was when I found out we were under attack? How worried I was that you and Jude could be in danger? The stabbing, Helpless horror I felt when I came in here, Found both my mates drenched in blood with an attacker nearby?'' He questioned, His grip on my hair tightening until I winced slightly before releasing me.

''I've never been so scared for anything before. Not my life. And as much as I love my people, I have never felt so broken at the thought that they might face danger as I did when I realized you two could end up being hurt. Call me selfish but I am not taking any risks with either of you in this.'' He continued, His eyes shiny with unshed tears.

Pressed up close to his body, I could feel him trembling ever so slightly as his arms tightened around me, As if he were scared I'd crumble apart without such a grip on me.

Staring at him, I felt my understanding of my world tilt ever so slightly.

He is confident, A strong and kind, Capable mate. . .But he is still a Homigriff just like me. . .He feels the same emotions as I do. . .

Despite how tough he may act, He's still just as fragile as everyone else.

Right now. . .He's distressed. . .

He was about to say something else when I cut him off this time.

Craning my neck slightly, I gentle pressed a kiss to his lips, Gaining his attention.

''I. . .Don't think your selfish. . .I'd. . .Probably do the same thing in your situation. . .'' I whispered, Nuzzling against his chest as he buried his face back in my hair again, Breathing in my scent.

A quiet purr rumbled up in my chest, An attempt to sooth.

''I'm. . .Not going anywhere, You'll always have me. . .Promise'' I whispered quietly to him, Holding onto him to the best of my ability as I felt warm liquid slowly drip on me.

''I'm not gonna leave'' I promised quietly as he hunched himself around me, His wings encasing the both of us.

I'll stay here however long it takes. . .

---------------------------------------------------------------------

:T They're all alive. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen