Chapter 43:

:) Theo Pov still. . .

-----------------------------------------------------------

I followed Sophia into the depths of the oversized castle, All of the hallways she turned down looked exactly the same until we reached the dungeons.

The walls here were solid stone, Lined at the top with strong smelling plants, No doubt to hide the scents of the prisoners and their fear.

I moved closer to Sophia, Feeling very nervous.

What if I disagree with Aldo and he locks me down here too?

I didn't know what these people did to get locked down here. . .So my fear might just be un-founded.

As we continued to pass by cell after cell with people in almost every other one, We eventually came upon a cell that was different.

At least, It was clearly different to me.

There were less plants in that cell as some soldiers were removing them, The prisoner was still inside, His scent making it out of the cell and into the air faintly thanks to the fact that there were less plants masking his scent.

Sandalwood and Cardamom.

The smell reached me and seemed to beacon me towards the door, The smell clinging to the back of my mouth when I inhaled.

As the guards closed and locked the cell door, I hesitantly approached it, The guards giving me odd looks before walking off, Whispering to each other.

''Hello?'' I whispered out hesitantly as the messy golden brown haired man slowly looked up towards me, A tired and pained look in his deep dark brown eyes.

His mostly dark grey wings slowly arched behind him as we stared at each other.

Slowly, He got up and made his way towards the bars, Inhaling sharply before doing so.

''Hello. . .'' He whispered back, His voice slightly raspy sounding, As if he hadn't drank water in days.

 ''Are you okay?'' I questioned, Concerned at the state he was in.

He looked like he was close to dying, Having dark shadows under his eyes and his neck. . .

The left side of his neck looked like he had been mauled by some wild animal.

Scars covered every inch on skin over his entire left scent gland, Leaving no room on that side of his neck for another bonding bite.

The other side of his neck looked okay though. . .

''I'll be alright'' He assured, Dodging the question.

A sympathetic and sad smile on my face, I knew what that means, It meant he wasn't okay, But he didn't want any concern being directed his way over it.

''I'm Jude. . .Who are you?'' He questioned quietly, Resting his hands hesitantly on the cell door.

''Theo'' I answered, Both of us falling silently as we both slowly inhaled each others faint scents.

His scent was making my mouth water and my head to become hazy.

I was brought very abruptly out of the daze I was in by Sophia loudly saying 'Hey there Aldo'.

Quickly, Both Jude and I stumbled away from the bars as Aldo approached us.

It was starting to dawn on me that Aldo must know he's one of our mates.

Why does he have him locked up then?

''Hey sweetie, What are you doing down here?'' Aldo questioned as he moved to rest his hands on my shoulders, A possessive tone in his warm velvety voice.

Dodging the question, I carefully moved his hands off of my shoulders before speaking.

''Aldo. . .Why's he in there?'' I questioned, Gesturing to Jude, Who was now standing at the other end of his cell, Far away from Aldo and I.

He didn't seem to be reacting to Aldo's scent. . .

Maybe he can't smell him? Normal's sense of smell isn't supposed to be as strong as ours. . .

Aldo glanced over at Jude, Who was ignoring him, Sitting back down in the furthest corner of his cell, His wings wrapped around him, Most likely to keep himself warm, It was startling cold down here.

''You see, He's a spy, We're trying to find out who he is, Who he's spying for and why he's spying on us'' Aldo answered, Staring at Jude as he spoke.

Said man refused to even look in our direction now.

''Aldo. . .'' I started quietly as he moved closer to me, Having noticed a slight shiver running down my spine.

It was very cold in here.

''Could. . .You do me a favor?'' I questioned hesitantly, Unsure if he'd take kindly to me asking him to do something for me.

Aldo arched an eyebrow but inclined his head anyways.

''Would you just please. . .Go over there and smell his neck?'' I requested, Gesturing towards Jude as I spoke.

''What.'' Was the surprised response from those within earshot.

''Just. . .Please?'' I pleaded quietly, Staring up at Aldo as I spoke.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Jude had a 'what the fuck' look on his face as Aldo slowly started to give in.

He muttered under his breath but still went over to the cell to unlock the door.

''Hell no'' Jude was whispering over and over again, Moving away from Aldo as quickly as he could.

Aldo however, Was quicker and managed to grab onto the metal collar on Jude's neck, Stopping the man and dragging him back to himself.

''Alright alright, Just calm down, I'm not going to hurt you, You know exactly what I'm going to do'' Aldo muttered out, Tugging Jude up to his feet as he spoke.

I watched with baited breath as Aldo used his other hand to turn Jude's head to the side before inhaling right next to the other man's scent glands.

Aldo froze for a long moment before he sighed and looked back at me.

''I see why you wanted me to do that'' He muttered, Releasing Jude's collar but not his face.

''Theo? Would you explain this to me?'' Jude squeaked out, Moving away from Aldo's trust only to have the man step back into his personal space.

Aldo leaned forwards, Baring his neck and forcing Jude's face forwards until he was inches from Aldo's neck.

He resisted at first until Aldo's scent reached him.

His eyes widened as realization hit him.

Yeah. . .Oh. . .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very late chapter. . .But they all know that Jude's their mate now. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen