Chapter 11: Mistake

And things clearly go wrong. . .

---------------------------------------------------------------

Cautiously, I padded through the forest, The smell of dust and dry earth making the heat feel even worse.

The plants in this part of the forest barely survived, Their roots stuck up out of crumbling ground.

The grass below my paws was scraggly and rough, They had adapted to the heat and lack of water in this place.

But I hadn't.

How long am I supposed to stay out here again? Surely this is a sign they're not looking for me. . .

One positive was the long lash like feathers my bird half has on it's eyelids kept the dust out of my eyes every time the wind blows.

My lungs on the other hand didn't have such fancy defenses.

My body trembled slightly as I coughed up dust for like the nineteenth time within these last few hours.

This is so unpleasant. . .

Sighing tiredly, I laid down, My legs feeling heavy.

Just as I was about to give up, I heard quiet paw steps approaching me.

My head shot up, My fur standing on end with anxiety as my eyes trained on where I had heard the sound from.

There was slight movement before a Homigriff in it's first form stepped out into my line of sight.

I couldn't smell the other Homi's scent thanks to the dust that blocked pretty much every other smell, That's partly why we chose this area.

Martial eagle. . .

That was what the first half of the other Homi was, From the looks of it, His back half was a lion.

Both were known for their hunting skills. . .Not to mention the fact both were dangerous.

I let out a shaky breath, Taking a step back as he slowly prowled closer to me.

He was much larger then I was, Even in my first form.

I shivered slightly in fear, Feeling like a trapped animal.

Okay. . . I'm regretting this plan. . .

I unsheathed my claws, Spreading my wings slightly so I could be prepared to take flight at the drop of a hat.

The larger Homigriff seemed . . .Amused, Amused by my warning.

I growled quietly at the other Homi, Holding my ground.

He growled back quietly, Slowly stalking closer.

No. . . The plan, I need to run, Gotta get him to call for back up.

I shook off the feeling of fear before turning and running.

Need to follow the plan. . .

I had underestimated how fast the other Homigriff was.

I took a few running steps away before a warm feathery weighty body collided into me.

I let out a snarl as his front legs pinned my wings down to the ground, Blocking off that means of tossing him.

Back up plan it is then. . .

Quickly, I shifted into my second, Smaller form.

I managed to tug my wings out from under his bird like talons before quickly ducking out from under him.

I quickly started to run, My speed drastically lower thanks to being in my human form.

Surprisingly, He shifted too, How did I know this?

I get a few more feet away from the other man before he tackled me again, His grabbing onto my shoulders this time.

Hands.

I started to growl again, The soft feathers on my shoulders being crushed under his iron like grip.

Before I could do anything to stop the uncomfortable feeling this was causing, He flipped me over.

A grunt of surprise and pain left me as my wings were crushed under my body, His hands moving back to press down on my shoulders again.

I narrowed my eyes, Turning my face so I could glare up at my attacker.

I had expected one of the soldiers, But when the man pinning me moved slightly to block the sunlight enough for me to see my eyes nearly bugged out of my head in shock.

Bright golden yellow eyes stared down at me from a familiar grey-ish black hair framed face.

My breath hitched slightly in fear and horror I noticed now neither of us were wearing clothing.

It made sense seeing as our first forms were large enough to tear off any clothes just by shifting, But it still made my heart sink in fear.

I could see his large grey-ish black wings towering behind him as he remained over me, Holding me firmly in place.

All thoughts of the plan left my mind in that moment, Memories of what had happened to me last time I was under a Normal flashed before my eyes.

A choked sob of fear escaped me as I braced myself for pain.

I closed my eyes tightly, Not catching the surprised look that briefly crossed yellow eyes face.

I heard a sigh from the man above me before he lowered himself down so our bodies were flush with each other, My skin touching his.

He let out a quiet rumbling purr like sound, His hands moving to gently thread his fingers into my hair.

I knew what he was trying to do with such an action, Mothers do it with their cubs all the time when they're panicking, It was an attempt to calm.

However, All it did for me was make my chest tighten in fear, My heart beat picking up.

My fight or flight instincts finally kicked in, Seeing as flight wasn't an option, Fight it is.

Growling in warning and mostly fear, I swiped my claws over his chest, Drawing blood.

However, He didn't move off of me, Instead, He grabbed my wrist with his hand and pinned it at my side, A rumbling growl coming from him in warning.

''P-Please. . .Don't'' I squeaked out, My voice trembling a lot more then I would have liked.

I hadn't meant to speak, It's never a good idea to let your enemies you know you can after all.

Yellow eyes pulled back slightly to stare down at me in surprise before his eyes narrowed slightly.

''You can speak. . .'' He said slowly, Releasing my hand to move his up towards my face.

I could feel my heart stutter again with fear as I let out a warning growl.

This. Is going badly. . .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So. . .Theo and Aldo are back with each other again, Any guesses how this is gonna go?

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen