Chapter 34:

Back to Theo Pov. . .

---------------------------------------------------------

I sat in tense embarrassed silence as my mother continued to fuss and coo over me.

''And look at your poor poor wings'' Mom continued, Worriedly examining my wings and feathers.

Lots of my feathers were still missing, And the older ones were tattered and torn.

It was honestly just impressive that I could still fly.

She had been worriedly fussing over me ever since Tom had escorted me home.

''And look at you! you look like you haven't eaten in days!'' Mom chided as she continued to examine me.

I could feel my face flushing before dad stepped in to my rescue.

''Angel, Honey, He just got back, Can't you wait to fuss over him until he's gotten some good food and a good night's rest?'' Dad questioned, Moving to gently hug his wife, Tugging her away from me.

I gave dad a small grateful smile before mom grabbed my attention again.

''You're right, You're right. . .I'll go get him some proper food'' She said, Hurrying off to the kitchen before another word could be said.

Glancing back at my dad, I only had about a second before he had embraced me in a hug.

''Don't ever do something so stupidly brave ever again or I will tear out all your feathers'' He threatened quietly as one of his hands moved to cup my head, Holding me close.

I could hear a slight wobble in his voice, He had been scared for me. . .

Hesitantly, I reached up, Patting at his back slightly.

''I wont. . .And I'm sorry, So very sorry that I made you two worried'' I muttered, Feeling guilty about not thinking how sad they'd feel if they thought I had died.

Knowing them, They most likely assumed the worst. . .Based upon all the flower wreaths that waited by the door.

I most likely have an empty grave somewhere nearby. . .

''You don't have to be sorry, Just promise to please be more careful, Your mother and I feared the worst when we turned around and didn't see you following us'' Dad informed me as we both pulled apart, His hands remaining on my shoulders.

I could see unshed tears in his eyes when I glanced up.

''Believe me, I more then learned my lesson about being stupidly brave. . .'' I muttered, Half joking.

Dad opened his mouth, About to say something to that before Mom walked back into the room, A bowl filled to the brim with food was held carefully in her hands.

''Sit, Sit down'' She said as she shooed me to a couch using her wings.

As I sat down, There was a quiet knock on the front 'door', The sound caught everyone's attention.

I glanced up to mom questioningly as dad pushed the vines that made up the door aside. 

One of the Frogs was waiting outside.

''Sorry to bother you so late Polar, But someone wants to speak with Theo'' The Frog informed him quietly, His eyes darting over to mom as he spoke.

I slowly started to get up as mom started to scowl at that.

''Who wants to speak with my son?'' Mom asked slowly as one of her wings wrapped protectively around my shoulders.

The Frog glanced over at me, An eyebrow arched.

''Mom. . .Dad. . .There's something you need to know. . .You two really better sit down for this. . .'' I muttered sheepishly as the Frog slowly backed away, Sensing that the news I had to share wouldn't go over too well.

--- Time skip ---

He was right.

Neither mom nor dad were happy about the fact that not only was my mate a Normal, But also that he was here.

That of course ended in both of them coming with me as the Frog took us to the hut Aldo was staying in.

Swallowing nervously, I glanced back at my impassive looking dad and angry looking mom.

''Please. . .He means me no harm. . .'' I reminded them yet again for the tenth or so time.

Dad gave me a small sympathetic look at that, Reaching up to gently ruffle the feathers in my hair.

All three of us were in our second forms, My parent's wings were laid over me protectively.

''We'll keep that in mind. . .'' Dad assured me before Mom spoke up.

''He better not try anything.'' She snarled out, Her eyes narrowed as she glared at the vine door in front of us.

Letting out a long sigh, I nodded slowly.

I wasn't getting out of this, Mom and Dad had gotten a baby sitter last minuet to watch over Marigold so I didn't have that excuse to get them to leave.

And I knew that just asking them would not work either.

Reaching out, I opened the vine door, Already feeling super fucking tired.

I was instantly faced with Aldo, Standing in front of a large map, Tom on his left and the rest of his soldiers spread out on all sides of the table the map was sitting on.

My parents tensed up on either side of me, Their feathers bristling.

''Ah, Theo, Thank you for joining us, Sorry that you didn't get much time to rest'' Tom said as we approached the table.

''It's. . .Alright, What did you call for me though?'' I questioned, Pausing as Mom and Dad both moved their wings to block me from getting any closer to Aldo.

That caught his attention.

''Well, You see, Aldo is planning on leaving, Returning to his tribe tomorrow'' Tom started, Straightening out his clothes slightly as he spoke.

A small sting of hurt appeared in my heart at that before I abruptly tamped it down.

''Seeing as you're his mate, Now is sadly the time you'll have to chose. . .You can go and leave with Aldo as well as return here whenever you want'' Tom reasoned before Mom spoke up.

''Or he can stay home where he's safe and protected and never has to wonder if he'll wake up tomorrow.'' Mom growled out, Sounding pissed.

There's no way she'll let me leave with him. . .But. . .What if I want too?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 'Ere ya go

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen