Chapter 20:

And we got a late fucking chapter. . .

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I slowly moved out from under Aldo's arm as he and egg head had a glaring contest.

He didn't seem to notice, If he had he didn't show it at least.

''I. . .I found him first. I'm not letting him go without a fight.'' Egg head growled out, Moving his aging body into a 'fighting stance'.

This. . .Is good? Neither of them are paying attention to me now. . .

Aldo did the same, His fighting stance actually seeming like a real fighting stance.

Well. . .They can enjoy being violent. . .Time for me to run. . .

Turning, I started to run in the opposite direction, The branches I was running on were getting thinner the further I got from Aldo and the grump.

The tempting, Mouthwatering smell of the Wintery pine scent seemed to cling to me as I ran, Demanding and pleading with me to turn around, To head back.

Damn good thing I was getting lost.

I had no clue where I had ran to in the forest as I ran in my panic.

The trees around me all looked the same, Same bark, Same color, Same everything.

I didn't know which was led out of the forest, Nor did I know which way led back to Aldo and the fight.

Pick a direction, Stick to it and hope for the best I guess. . .

Sighing, I could feel my feathers ruffle slightly, A sense of un-ease falling over me.

Someone's watching me. . .

Spinning around, I quietly hissed as I looked around at the thin and fragile branches of the trees around me.

After a moment of searching, My eyes landed on familiar yellow eyes staring back at me.

I swallowed nervously, Taking a stumbling step away from him as I growled quietly under my breath.

He growled back at me, Slowly stepping towards me and into my clear line of sight.

A few scratches now decorated his chest, His skin stained red around his mouth and hands with blood.

Most of it didn't appear to be his. . .

I swallowed nervously, Considering shifting into my first form, Rules be damned.

He and I stared at each other, Neither of us moving for now.

Inhaling, I blinked then bolted into the forest.

I could hear the sound of Aldo giving pursuit.

Quietly cussing under my breath, I dropped down to the ground floor, Rolling into the landing shoulder first.

I could feel the sting hitting my side as soon as I got back to my feet.

I fell too hard. . .That side's gonna bruise. . .

Continuing on the ground floor, I could feel my speed picking up now that I didn't need to make sure I didn't fall through the branches.

Screw the others finding me, Here's hoping they do so they'll distract Ald-

My thoughts were cut of as a warm and slightly sticky body collided with me from behind.

Closing my eyes tightly, I braced myself for the sting of hitting the ground.