Chapter 87: Reaffirming

Back to Theo's Pov now :)

-------------------------------------------------

I sighed out softly as I continued to breath in Jude's scent from it's source, soothed with every inhale.

The frazzled and painful part inside of me that had been tearing at the seams ever since my mates left was pleasantly silent. . .

I was sitting on Jude's lap, essentially straddling him as our daughter rested between our bodies, my face pressed against one of his scent glands.

Jude's wings were draped over me, his arms wrapped tightly around my waist as he inhaled my scent as well, seeming just as relieved to have his mate back as I was.

I feel. . .Better, so much better now. . .

Jude had taken news of what happened with his normal quiet calm, listening to what I said silently. . .The only sign of his rage being his clenching jaw and tense posture.

None of that mattered now though. . .I was no longer in charge anymore.

I was held in the arms of my mate and I can just let go.

He'll catch me. . .I've no need to carry myself anymore. . .

Nuzzling against his skin, I groggily opened my eyes, more or less drunk off of my mate's scent.

I felt one of his hands leave my back again, moving to gently, reverently touch our daughter again, careful as if he feared even the slightest pressure would shatter her.

The more feral part of me was very pleased with how respectful he was being.

''I still can't believe you went through so much while we were gone. . .'' Jude whispered softly next to my ear as my eyes drifted closed again.

A small hum left me as his hand returned to my back to embrace me once again.

He had been clinging tightly to me ever since I had told him about the utter chaos and torture I had been through, as if he was worried I would flee or something.

''You went through a lot too'' I pointed out softly, murmuring my words against his skin as he tucked his face back against my neck again.

''I had my mate with me though. . .You and our daughter were all alone through it'' He murmured back, his hold on me tightening a bit.

''. . .Adelaide. . .I've named her Adelaide'' I corrected softly, pausing as I felt how he tensed slightly under me.

I hadn't told him about the name Evander had given her. . .

''I see. . .I. . .I love it, it's a perfect name for her'' Jude whispered, hesitant at first before sounding more confident with each word, rubbing lightly at my back before we both trailed off into silence.

Eventually, his hands dipped down to rest on my rear as he lightly mouthed at his mark on my neck, making me shiver slightly.

It's been so long. . .

Nuzzling against his heavily scarred scent/mating gland, I lightly scraped my teeth over the skin Quinn had over damaged, delighting in the soft little gasp that left my mate.

I didn't bite him after we mated. . .

That sudden thought made me freeze slightly, a bit ashamed of myself for not remembering sooner. . .

I had a lot I was dealing with. . .

Hesitating slightly, I scraped my teeth over his skin again before lightly biting him, not nearly hard enough to break his skin. . .But enough to get my request across.

Jude tilted his head to the side a bit more, exposing his gland for me.

At his encouraging purr, I sunk my teeth into his skin until the coppery tang of blood filled my mouth.

A small noise left the man under me as the two of us continued to snuggle, Jude relaxed and soft under me as I licked at his slowly leaking wound.

- - - Time skip - - -

I wasn't sure how long it was before a guard entered the hidden garden we were sitting in, seeking me out.

Groggily opening my eyes when Jude tensed up slightly, I sent a small smile in Andrew's direction as the man approached us, giving me a small wave in return as he did so.

''Hello Andrew, what brings you in here?'' I questioned lightly as he moved to stand in front of Jude and I.

I didn't bother getting off of my mate's lap. . .Just turning around so I could face my friend.

''Aldo sent me to find you two, Sophia and pretty much everyone else in the palace had. . .A few words with him this morning, Evander included, if you catch my drift'' Andrew hinted, an easy, slightly crooked grin on his face.

I could vividly picture the absolute dressing down my mate must have gotten from my protective and dear friends. . .Let alone Evander!

A small part of me felt bad. . .But the part that pined for him for almost an entire year only to be screamed at felt this was more than deserved.

Jude was silent behind me as I slowly nodded, yawning into my hand.

There's no way I'm going. . .

''Do you know if my old room is still empty?'' I questioned lightly as I started to get up off of Jude's lap, only to pause as Andrew offered his hand for me.

A small growl left my mate at that, his grip tightening around my waist as Andrew withdrew his hand quickly, sensing the threat.

''Ah, Yes, yes it is, do you wish to retire for the night my lord?'' Andrew asked, rolling with this easily as Jude helped me up instead, my legs a little bit wobbly from lack of blood circulation due to how I was sleeping.

I don't want to see him. . .

''I have dearly missed my mate. . .I am also so very tired. . .Do you think it would be possible to ensure we are not disturbed tonight Andrew?'' I requested, watching as confusion then understanding flashed across both men's faces.

Jude looked a bit guilty at the thought of making Aldo wait. . .But Andrew had a perfectly wicked grin on his face.

''The kitchen will not let you both get away without dinner, but other than that, consider your request done'' Andrew assured, bowing deeply before stepped to the side, gesturing for us to lead the way.

''I'm sure Aldo just wants to apologize'' Jude whispered softly to me as I headed for the room I had slept in for my first nights here, my daughter held in my arms.

''I am not ready to accept his apologies'' I whispered back equally softly. . .My voice choking slightly at the thick knot of sorrow? that suddenly tightened around my throat at those words.

Because truthfully? I wasn't sure I could forgive him for everything. . .

Not anymore. . .

----------------------------------------------------

I should clarify, most all the palace staff are genuinely Theo's friends and loyal to him now (The guards, kitchen staff and Sophia are at least) there are just a select few servants who are under the council's control and just 'playing nice' with Theo. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen