Chapter 12: The deal

And Aldo makes a deal! Or well. . .Tries to

------------------------------------------------------------------

I struggled under him slightly as he reached forwards towards my face.

Next thing I knew, His hand was firmly gripping at my neck, Putting enough pressure on my scent glands to make me freeze but thankfully not enough to actually choke me.

We were somewhat similar to cats in the way that the nape of our necks acted a lot like an off switch.

As long as he was holding me tightly there, My body would remain mostly limp.

I could still growl and glare at him however.

''Shh, That's enough of that'' He muttered out, Carefully moving off of me while still keeping his grip on my neck.

Once he was off of me, He reached down and much to my embarrassment, Picked me up bridal style.

It was very uncomfortable seeing as my wings got in the way as he carried me with one of his hands still gripping my neck.

Thankfully, We reached the base of one of the trees which he proceeded to sit down under, Setting me down between his legs as he did so.

My back was to his front, Which did not ease my nerves any.

I'm in the perfect position to get killed. . .Or worse. . .

My feathers were bristling, Standing on end with fear.

Yellow eyes must have noticed and guessed as much because he proceeded to gently bury his fingers in my feather speckled hair.

''Hush, If I wanted to hurt you I'd have done it by now'' He muttered to me, His deep velvety voice close to my ears.

I wasn't about to trust him, But I did stop the constant stream of growls.

He let out a sigh, Gently patting my head.

''Good boy'' He praised quietly, Still holding firmly onto the back of my neck.

I grumbled quietly under my breath, Very annoyed with this situation.

Why. Why couldn't this have worked out?

''No need to get all huffy.'' He scolded quietly, His grip on the back of my neck tightening a little bit before he eased it up.

''Now then. Can you say anything else other then just 'Please no'?'' He asked, His face close enough to the back of my head that I could feel the warmth of his every breath.

I gritted my teeth, Frowning down at the ground.

I heard yellow eyes growl quietly, His chest rumbling ever so slightly with the sound.

''Yeah'' I muttered quietly, My voice clipped and quiet.

''Well, Now we're getting somewhere'' He murmured, Moving slightly behind me so we were both in a more comfortable position.

I felt a bit of strength return to my limbs when he moved slightly, He had accidently loosened his grip too much on my neck.

I tried to squirm out of his grip only for him to instantly wrap his other arm around my chest, Forcing me backwards until my back was flush with his chest again.

''Oh no you don't, You've raised so many questions and seeing as your . . .Companion, Is still out cold, You're going to have to be the one to answer them'' Yellow eyes said sternly to me, Holding me tightly to his chest.

''What makes you think I'd answer anything you ask me?'' I demanded quietly.

I wasn't about to just roll over and play friendly with the very kind of people who. . .

No. I'm not gonna think about that. . .

He let out a small, Amused chuckle before he flipped up both over quickly.

I let out a quiet grunt as my body was pressed against the ground, The larger man pinning me down from above.

I could feel my heart start racing, Memories of the tent flashing before my eyes.

I didn't even notice the distressed whine that escaped my throat, But Yellow eyes sure did.

He paused before slowly propping himself up over me, No longer holding me down but still remaining over me, Caging me in.

I didn't have enough room to escape, But I could roll over to stare up at my captor now.

''Easy, You're okay'' He soothed, His warm rumbly voice lowering a bit more.

''What. . .What do you want'' I demanded quietly, Looking away from him and towards the nearby open sky.

He let out a small chuckled sigh before burying his face in the crook of my neck.

I tensed up, My body going as still as it could.

I could faintly make out his cold forest-y scent from how close he was to my face.

''I want to know. . .Why do you smell so. . .Tempting'' He asked, His voice a low growl now as his breath tickled at the skin on my neck.

''I don't know.'' I muttered out before continuing, ''If that's all you wanted to know. . .''

''Oh no, There is plenty more I want to know from you.'' He rumbled out, His lips briefly brushing against my skin as he spoke, Making me shudder slightly.

The wintery smell coming from his scent glands was starting to make my brain hazy.

''But I as much as I want to remain like this. . .I doubt it's comfortable for you. . .''He muttered, Slowly pulling away from my neck.

''You're letting me go?'' I asked quietly, A little bit of hope in my voice.

He chuckled, His quiet laugh warm and deep.

''No.'' He said simply, Amusement in his voice.

I frowned slightly, Exhaling heavily.

''However, I will make a deal with you'' He said calmly, His hand moving to grab my chin, Turning my head so I was forced to look into his bright golden yellow eyes.

''You will come back to my camp with me, You will answer my questions, And afterwards, I will let you go, Deal?'' He asked, Staring deeply into my eyes as if he could somehow find my soul by doing so.

''And if I don't take you up on this deal?'' I asked quietly, Closing my eyes in an attempt to not see his eyes staring into mine.

''Then you will come back to camp, Answer my questions and not be freed once we're done'' He stated simply.

Gritting my teeth, I opened my eyes, Glaring up at him.

''I don't have a choice in this do I?'' I demanded.

He arched an eyebrow before giving me a small smile, ''Dear, I just gave you a choice'' He stated simply.

I could feel my face heat up at the little nickname he had decided to give me.

''Fine. Deal. But you have to promise never to call me dear again'' I grumbled out.

He chuckled, Shaking his head slightly as he got up off of me.

''If you say so Sweetie'' He muttered, Smirking slightly as I glared at him.

Bastard.

------------------------------------------------------------------

So. . .Aldo might seem a bit forward, Before any of you guess that he knows what Theo is to him, He doesn't, He's noticed when Theo is flustered, He will speak, So he's purposefully getting on Theo's nerves, Any guesses though how long it'll take before they notice what the other is to them?

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen