Chapter 25: Setting out

Late chapter. . .

---------------------------------------------------------------

After a short argument, It was decided that we better put our differences aside and get ready to head out.

By now, We had finished making plans on how to get to the forest.

Aldo had collected a few men and supplies and then we were out on the non-existent trail.

Mikey and I had been trailing behind the small group for a while now, He didn't feel comfortable around the Normals so we hung back a ways.

Despite that, Aldo still made sure to send a soldier back every half hour or so to see if we were still following and alive.

''Breath M, You're gonna burst a vein at this rate'' I whispered to Mikey, Bumping into the very tense shorter man.

I could see his hands tighten into fists for a moment before he let out a heavy sigh.

''Sorry. . .Not used to playing nice with the enemy'' Mikey whispered back, His eyes remaining trained on the Normals.

I gave the other man a sympathetic smile, My eyes drifting down to the wild grass that brushed against our thighs, The yellowed plants swaying slightly in the very faint breeze.

The urge to shift into my first form was growing stronger with each second.

I wanted to take flight, Soar up and away from all the troubles that seemed to form near the ground, Keep flying until all I could see below and before me would be the endless skies and the fluffy seeming clouds stained with the rays of the sun.

But I couldn't do that, I had no clue how to get back to my tribe, Not to mention I had to make sure the Frog and Mikey made it back safely, I couldn't do that on my own.

One in a coma and one with a broken wing. . .

''Sweetie'' Aldo's voice called back, Snapping me from my saddened thoughts.

I heard Mikey growl as I turned my attention to the yellow eyed man.

The bastard glared back at Mikey, His wings bristling slightly.

''We're about to head into the forest, You need to join the rest of us up here'' Aldo ordered, To which Mikey growled.

''We're not moving any closer to your feral tribe. We're both perfectly fine back here.'' Mikey snarled out just as I moved forwards to approach the Normals.

I could see a slightly smug look of victory form on Aldo's face.

''Th- . . .You're getting closer to them?'' Mikey demanded, The shorter man's voice breaking slightly with his fury.

''M, I have to check on the Frog, The trip this far might have opened his healing wounds'' I pointed out simply, Following the two soldiers who were carrying the badly wounded Frog.

They gently set the stretcher made out of a blanket and two large logs down on the ground at the base of a tree.

The two soldiers sat down on either side of the stretcher, Both watching the passed out Frog.

''He gonna be okay?'' One of them asked quietly as I checked on his wounds.

I stared at the passed out man before sighing.

''Don't know, His wounds are fine, It's just up to him to see if he'll wake up from the coma or not'' I muttered, Resting the back of my hand on his forehead, He didn't feel warmer than normal so I assumed it might not be a fever.

Maybe.

''You sure he's gonna be alright?'' The second soldier asked, Causing me to look up towards the two of them.

I had seen them hanging out around the medical tent a lot, It was odd to say the least, And with all these questions, The confusion just seemed to grow.

''I just said I don't know, He's no hurt outwardly, Whatever is keeping him out might be mental, Meaning it's up to him if he makes it out of this or not.'' I stated simply, Raising his head slightly, Propping it up with a shirt one of the two soldiers offered to me.

''Why are you raising his head?'' The first one asked, Leaning over the Frog as he spoke.

Shrugging slightly, I made sure his head was resting comfortably on the shirt before turning my attention back to the concerned looking soldier.

''I'm just doing this so his neck hopefully won't be as sore when he eventually wakes up'' I explained simply, Sitting back on my heels as I spoke.

The two soldiers nodded along with that, Clearly paying close attention.

Don't know if they should be. . .I barely know what I'm doing. . .

''Well. . .I'll just leave him in your care for now then. . .'' I mumbled, More then a little unnerved by the intensity that those two were watching the Frog with.

Here's hoping they're just really dedicated to their job. . .

Getting up, I started to hurry back to Mikey before I was stopped by a certain pine smelling yellow eyed man.

''Sweetie, You're not really going back to him are you?'' Aldo demanded, Standing between Mikey and I.

Mikey clearly wasn't going to come any closer, And if Aldo kept blocking my way then I couldn't reach him.

''Of course I am.'' I grumbled quietly, About to step around the other man before he spread out his wings, Blocking my way out.

''What. . .Are you doing.'' I growled out, Taking a step back from him, The feathers all over my body bristling.

Reaching out, Aldo firmly grabbed my arm, Pulling me flush with his chest.

I started to struggled against his hold, Lashing out at him as I tried to squirm free.

Is he gonna kill me? Fuck me? Who gives a fuck, Either way I need to get free. . .

Before I could struggle much more, He managed to grab my arms, Pinning them to my chest as he sat down, Wrapping his wings around me, Blocking out the world.

Kicking and trashing, I struggled in vain.

I heard a small growl from the man pinning me before much to my surprise, He nuzzled his face close to my chin.

After a long moment of confusion, I realized what he was doing, He was scent marking me.

Biting down on the inside of my cheek, I held back the harsh words I wanted to snap out at him as he basically claimed me.

Screw being mates. I'm gonna murder him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aldo considers Mikey an opponent, Since he can't mate with Theo and claim him that way (That'd upset Theo if he did) he's making it known another way

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen