Chapter 7: New hell

Annnd a late chapter. . .

----------------------------------------------------------------

He didn't hurt me. . . Much.

Despite how much I hate him though, I still wasn't fully sure he meant to hurt me, Seeing as he tried to apologize to me as soon as he accidently cut me with his sword.

How he managed to do that however while he was. . . Forcing me up onto his horse, I will never know.

Grimacing, I tried to tug my arms out of the ropes restraining me to the horse.

Almost everyone was already packed up and on their horses.

'Lucky' me ended up being put with the damn yellow eyed leader.

Scowling, I relaxed my arms slightly as Mr. Yellow eyes finally approached his horse, And in turn, Me.

I had been correct, He had brought a concubine with him.

And believe me, She was as unhappy with this arrangement as I was.

I could feel her eyes glaring at me as she headed towards the man Yellow eyes assigned to take her back with us.

I would happily trade places with you if I could.

That bitter thought rung about in my head as their leader climbed up into the saddle behind me.

I tensed up as his body was pressed up right against mine.

I could feel his body heat seeming into me.

I did not like this at all.

I tried to squirm away from him, However, He placed his arms on either side of me so he could hold the horse's reins, Blocking that escape route.

Scowling, I hunched my shoulders slightly to provide at least a little space between him and I.

I heard the man behind me let out a huffed chuckle, His legs brushing against mine as he lightly tapped at his horse's sides, Kicking it into action.

The air was starting to get dry and hot as the sun was rising, It was still early in the morning yet anyone could tell, Today was going to be hellishly hot.

Letting out a quiet grumble, I ducked my head down, Trying to ignore the fact that my enemy is so close.

I felt a pang in my heart as my forest home slowly became further and further away.

It's going to be okay. . . We'll get free and we'll find our way home. . .

--- Time skip ---

I was right.

It was swelteringly hot out once afternoon rolled around.

The sun beat down on all of us as the horses steadily, And calmly kept their slow and steady pace across the burningly hot plains.

I found it slightly hard to breath in this heat.

Thankfully though, Due to the heat Mr. yellow eyes had moved a little further away from me in an attempt to cool us both off a bit.

My sweltering thoughts were derailed by a ear piercing whistle from the man sitting behind me.

He made a gesture to his men before he tugged on the horse's reins.

I looked up, Spotting a small grove of trees that he was guiding his men towards.

My eyes widened slightly as for once today, I recognized the trees.

The willow trees stood out like a sore thumb in this waterless hell scape.

There must be either a pond in the center of that cluster. . . Or it's an underwater river. . .

I didn't realize how thirsty I was until I actually thought about it.

We hadn't had anything to drink since we left that morning, Not to mention I had refused the water one of them offered me before we left.

It had smelled slightly off to me and I sure as hell wasn't going to risk getting poisoned.

As the horses neared the tree line, I could hear the birds and bugs within the safety of the trees singing to each other, Their voices creating a wild symphony.

It reminded me briefly of home, Of late nights sitting on the balcony with my dad, Looking up through the thick branches of the trees in hopes of spotting some stars.

The bugs would sing cheerfully with the birds until eventually mom would come outside, Seeking us out and chiding us for staying up so late before gently shooing us both to bed with a goodnight kiss.

I could feel my heart clench slightly at that memory.

It'll be okay. . .Soon everything will return to the same peace as then. . . Hopefully. . .

A small sigh escaped me as the cool shade of the forest engulfed us, The long swaying branches of the willows brushing gently across my now ever so slightly sore skin.

Looks like I got slightly sun burned. . .

I had a feeling that I was going to be in a lot of pain soon thanks to that.

I was drawn from my thoughts as the man behind me climbed down from the saddle.

Looking around, I noticed the rest of his men dismounting as well.

I tugged slightly on the ropes restraining me to the horse.

They didn't budge.

I heard a chuckle from Mr. yellow eyes before he commanded for his horse to lay down.

I let out a small squeak of fear as it swayed slightly, It's body moving far too much as it laid down.

As soon as it was laying down, He started to approach me.

My heart beat picked up in fear, With the added height of the laying down horse, We were about the same height now.

I growled at him as he reached out for me, Ever so slightly amused.

A small pang of terror spiked within me as I realized, The heat made me sweat. . . Which would have washed off my scent blocker. . .

My growls got louder as I now realized the amount of danger I could be in.

As he got closer, I started to smell a mouth watering smell reach me.

Must be one of the nearby plants. . . At least I'll get to smell that before I die. . .

Just as Mr. Yellow eyes was mere inches from me, He paused.

He frowned, Sniffing at the air near me before he got closer.

I trashed about, Trying to get away from him before he reached out, Firmly grabbing me and forcing me to hold still.

I could feel my heart in my throat as his face slowly got closer to my neck.

I hissed, Fear clouding my senses as I felt his warm breath on my neck.

A shiver went through me as he buried his face in the crook of my neck, Slowly and deeply inhaling my scent.

No. . . No no no no please no. . .

-------------------------------------------------------------

Annnd the scent blocker has worn off. . . Any guesses how that's gonna end?

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen