Chapter 72: Assurances

:P

--------------------------------------------------------

The moment Jude was returned to us, He was added to the embrace as well.

His protests falling on deaf ears, Just like mine had.

He, However, Knew when resistance was futile and ended up surrendering before Aldo could feel the need to tie his hands to the headboard as well.

Eventually, I drifted off to sleep, Pressed up against Aldo's chest with Jude at my side, The grey wings of our mate wrapped around the two of us providing warmth and comfort.

By the time I woke back up, Aldo had apparently calmed down some, As he had untied my hands from the bed.

He was sleeping peacefully between Jude and I, His arms draped over the two of us as our wings covered him.

It was cozy and so very nice laying here. . .My stomach hurt a bit, But other than that, I was okay. . .Bit worried about the staff at the palace though.

Okay very worried.

Frowning, I slowly squirmed out from under Aldo's arm, Replacing my body with a pillow as quickly as I could so as to not disturb his sleep.

He grumbled quietly, But as soon as he started, Jude started to purr, Soothing him as they both slept.

My heart clenched happily in my chest, Adoration for my mates filling me.

Alright, Ensure the members of the palace staff are okay then get back in bed to cuddle a while longer. . .

Climbing out of bed, My bare feet sunk into the cool but very fluffy pelts that covered Aldo's room's floor.

With careful, Quiet footsteps, I made my way to the door, The eventual stone flooring making me quietly hiss in discomfort at the sudden chill.

Standing up on the balls of my feet, I hurried out of Aldo's room as quickly as I could, Neither wanting to be gone from my mates for long nor wanting to stay on the very cold stone floors that made up the palace for longer than needed.

Hurrying through the halls, I slowly navigated my way down to the kitchens.

My stomach was hurting slightly when I stepped into the warm room, The painkilling herbs I was given last night had worn off by now, Allowing my injury to make itself known.

As soon as I stepped inside, I was greeted with the smell of cooking foods and herbs. . .And then I was greeted by one of the kitchen staff members wrapping their arms around me and nearly crushing me with a hug.

And just like that. . .I was swarmed by the staff, Worriedly asking questions about me and checking me over for injuries.

It took a while, But after assuring them that I was okay, And Ensuring that they and their loved ones were all okay, Everyone returned to their previous tasks, Chatting idly with me for a while as they did so.

After a while, I bid them goodbye and went to check on the other staff members that filled the palace.

Some of the guards had been wounded, One lost her arm and another lost his right eye.

Despite that, They were all in pretty good spirits. . .Which probably had something to do with the herbs they were given to keep them happily drugged and out of pain. . .And the mead.

They laughed and joked and were happy to see me, Even happier to hear Aldo was doing okay as well.

It was nice and I was happy to hear they were alright.