Chapter 9: Rescued

:D Ha! He actually is free! (Late chapter though)

-------------------------------------------------------------

I awoke abruptly to the feeling of someone watching me.

I kept my eyes firmly shut, Trying to figure out the danger I was in before doing anything.

''I know you're awake, Your breathing pattern changed'' A familiar tired voice said.

''Mikey?'' I asked quietly, My voice a shocked whisper as my eyes snapped open.

I turned my attention to the other man.

He was still slightly smaller then I am, However, The scars and bulky muscles on him made him seem much more intimidating then I ever will.

A fragile smile formed on his face, Making the claw like scars that trailed from the corner of his left eye all the way down to his lips crinkle slightly.

''Do you know any other?'' Mikey asked, Getting up from the chair he was sitting in.

I got up, Shifting back into my second form as I noticed we were in an actual house.

The blonde haired man moved over to stand in front of me.

''You're alive. . .'' I whispered quietly, Small tears starting to form in my eyes.

I could see his honey eyes getting misty as he sat down next to me, Slinging a blanket I had apparently been using as a pillow over me to cover my nudity.

''You say that as if you didn't think I'd be'' He accused, His tone teasing though.

A relived smile formed on my face at the familiar feeling between us despite our years apart now.

''You bastard, I was betting you'd have died fighting an army by now!'' I shot back, Lightly punching his arm as an airy and happy feeling bloomed in my chest.

He grinned back at me, A tired look in his eyes.

''Oh believe me, Many have tried. . .'' He muttered quietly.

I glanced over at him, His body language speaking more then he did.

''Take it the loner life hasn't been easy?'' I asked, I made sure to keep the sympathy I was feeling for the other man out of my voice.

One of the many things I learned when we used to date was that he hated it when people felt sympathy for him.

To quote him, 'I don't need sympathy, It doesn't fix the problem after all.'.

He let out a small huffed chuckle before nodding.

''Oh it's very hard. . . But it's the life I wanted'' He said, His voice warming up slightly as he said the last part.

''I'm. . . I'm glad to see you're still happy and healthy. . .Mostly healthy'' I said, Making a point to stare right at an infected and poorly bandaged wound I saw on his arm.

A blush creeped up on his face as he sheepishly adverted his eyes.

''Okay. . . You might have been right. . . Before I left. . . I really should have asked you at least basics on how to patch someone up. . .'' He admitted, Giving me a small sheepish smile.

Huffing out a small laugh, I got up, Grabbing onto his arm and tugging him to his feet as I did so.

''Is there a river nearby?'' I asked, Tugging him towards a door I noticed.

He chuckled quietly, Following behind me.

''You've been here for around half an hour and you're already giving orders'' He teased, Moving in front of me to lead me outside.

We were still in the forest, Just a different part I hadn't seen yet.

I followed behind the shorter man as he led me to a small crystal clear stream.

''How long have you lived in this forest?'' I asked before crouching down at the edge of the stream.

He followed suite, Holding his arm out towards me without complaint.

''Oh, about five years now I think, It's hard to tell time when you can't always see. . . or remember the cycles of the moon'' He said.

''My turn now, What are you doing in the forest?'' He asked, Staring at me.

I stared down at the river, Holding his arm under it as I did so.

I scrubbed gently at the infected wound, Causing him to wince slightly but he held his tongue.

His wound started to bleed a bit, But the infection was being washed away, At least the visible bits of the infection.

''I was sort of hiding'' I answered, Concentrating on the other man's wound.

He frowned slightly, ''Did you have enough of tribe life too?'' He asked, Sounding unsure.

I could feel my eyes mist over again, Tears threatening to spill out as I could finally think back to all that had happened these last days.

''We were attacked. . .'' I whispered quietly.

Mikey stilled beside me, His eyes boring into the side of my head.

''Tell me what happened'' He ordered, His voice grave.

''We were attacked at night, We were just settling in when a troop of normals tried taking over our home forest'' I started, My voice quiet and sad sounding, Even to my own ears.

He nodded slowly, A grim calculating look on his face.

''That is a good battle tactic, They most likely studied our home during the day before deciding to strike under the cover of night'' He mused coldly.

A small bitter smile formed on my lips as I looked back to the wound I was tending to, I could hear the cold hate in his voice.

''How many died?'' He asked quietly.

''I do not know how many of our people died. . . But the Frogs. . .'' I whispered quietly, My voice trailing off as the memory of that tent, That morning, Flashed before my eyes.

''We got captured, The Frogs and I. . .One Frog survived the capture. . .At least from what I saw'' I whispered.

He nodded slowly in understanding, ''I take it they used you and others for. . .'Spoils of war'?'' He guessed quietly.

I didn't feel an ounce of sympathy coming from him, Instead, I felt his rage.

''Where are they now?'' He demanded in a quiet growl, His hands clenching into fists.

''I killed them, All of them who took us for spoils, Not one of them survived. . .And I can only guess my second captors killed the rest'' I whispered darkly.

''Second. Captors.?'' He asked, His voice still dangerous dark and cold.

I nodded silently as he turned his attention to the river too.

We're just two men. . . What will we do if they track us down?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And we've met Mikey, An aggressive violent bean, He's pretty sweet, Any guesses what he's going to do to help Theo?

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen