Chapter 53: Plan

Mmm, Things aren't gonna go well. . .

--------------------------------------------------------------

He looked me up and down, Clearly judging me as he pointedly inhaled my scent sharply.

I had a feeling he was doing that to try and either embarrass me or intimidate me.

Either way, It didn't work.

I squared my shoulders, Arching my wings behind myself to appear taller as I made eye contact with him.

He didn't look pleased with my lack of submission.

Well that's fine. I'm not pleased with how you're making Jude and Aldo feel.

He let out a huff, Crossing his arms behind his back and giving me a look that made me feel very dirty, Like he was undressing me with his eyes.

''Hmm. . .You need training and discipline. . .But at least you have a fine enough body'' Quinn said, The tone of his slightly raspy voice making me think that he expected me to thank him.

Instead, I stared at him with disgust.

''At least I have something good going for me. Doing better then you in that case.'' I hissed out, Pissed off that he'd say something like that in the first place.

A small yelp escaped me as suddenly, He back handed me across my face.

The small metal spikes on the back of his armored glove cut into my skin, Causing blood to slowly seep out of the scratches on my face.

I was frozen in shock as he sneered at me before turning on his heel, Leaving the hall.

Sophia was on me in a split second, Worriedly examining my face as saying something or other to me.

I couldn't hear her over the ringing in my ears.

My heart was pounding away in my chest, A strong mixture of shock, Pain, Outrage and concern mixed around inside me.

He struck me. . .In front of others. . .What will he try to do to Aldo and Jude in private if he wins. . .

I needed to make sure Aldo was okay. Make sure he'd win this fight.

Or the rest of both his and Jude's lives are going to be hell. . .

''S-Sophia, Where's Aldo's room?'' I asked, Feeling a bit bad for interrupting her mid sentence.

She hesitated, Before slowly turning and pointing to one of the nearby stairway.

''His room's up that flight of stairs. . .It's the only door up there so it's very hard to miss'' She informed me, Sounding concerned still as she spoke.

I felt really sorry that she was concerned, But right now, I couldn't stay and try to comfort her, I needed to make sure Aldo was okay.

Giving her what I hoped was a gentle smile, I made my way up the stairs.

While I walked, I rubbed at my face, Trying to wipe my own blood off of my skin.

Eventually, I gave up and just did my best to cover the wounds with the soft downy feathers in my hair.

All too soon, I reached the top of the elegantly carved wooden staircase.

In front of me were two, Large and heavy looking door that stood between me, And Aldo.

Even from here I could smell the cold wintery pine scent of Aldo.

I inhaled slowly, Letting the minty cool scent chill my insides, Calming my racing heart.

Raising my hand, I hesitantly knocked on the door, Announcing my presence.

After a moment, I heard Aldo finally speak, His voice muffled and muted thanks to the heavy door.

''Enter'' Was his single word response, The tone of his voice stern.

Hesitantly, I pushed open his room's door.

The grey winged man looked surprised to see me enter, A warm smile slowly blooming on his face.

''Well hello Sweetie, To what do I owe the pleasure of your visit?'' Aldo asked, His voice holding a mixture of amusement and an emotion I couldn't quite place.

He was making his was over to me now while speaking, His shirt missing and his still fresh looking wounds standing out on his torso and wings.

Oh no. . .Ooooh no that's not good. . .

A frown pulled at my lips, My hand raising to lightly touch one of the larger wounds.

His skin was warm underneath my fingers, The semi healed wound was slightly bumpy with dried blood.

I felt bad when his body twitched faintly thanks to the pain he must have felt from my concerned examination.

Slowly, I started to move back before Aldo gently, But firmly grabbed onto my wrists.

The door had swung closed while we were talking.

I found that out when Aldo proceeded to pin my hands above my head to the door.

Freezing, I held still while he slowly inhaled my scent, Some of the tension leaving his shoulders.

''As much as I love you being in my room, I'm going to assume you didn't come here just to touch my wounds'' Aldo murmured, Resting his head against my shoulder as he spoke.

Glancing down at the ground, I beat back the uneasy and caged in feelings that were slowly swelling up inside me.

''I. . .Wanted to make sure you're okay. . .Quinn. . .Quinn doesn't seem nice and I wanted to make sure you and Jude would be fine. . .That neither of you will fall into his hands'' I muttered, Rambling a bit while I spoke.

Aldo let out a hum at that, Silent for a while before he sighed, Straightening back up.

''Jude won't be falling back into his hands. . .Even if I lose.'' Aldo started, Confusing me.

Before I could question what he meant by that, He stepped away from me, Heading back over to a door near the back of his rather large room.

''I have spoken with Jude and he was told me a bit about our apparent. . .'Mate', I have ensured that neither you, Jude nor any of my staff will fall into his hands'' Aldo continued, Pushing open the door which seemingly led to a large inset bath.

''How. . .Did you do that?'' I asked wearily, Pointedly trying to ignore the fact that he never said anything about ensuring he himself wouldn't fall into Quinn's hands.

He glanced back at me before smiling gently.

''I have given my most trusted members orders to evacuate everyone while I am fighting with Quinn, If I win one of our runners will come and tell everyone to return, If I lose. . .A runner will give the command to my trusted members to remove the evacuated from this territory so Quinn will be unlikely to find anyone, I expect you to join Sophia and Jude leaving when the fight starts'' He explained, Distressing me even further.

''But. . .No! No. I'm not just going to leave you to suffer at Quinn's han-'' I started to snap at him, Storming right up into his personal space as I spoke.

I was cut off though when suddenly, Aldo pressed his slightly rough lips to mine.

''Theo. I have not asked you for much, Please. Leave with Sophia and Jude. I've been told Quinn plays dirty and I'm not about to let you fall into his hands.'' He ordered firmly, His hands moving to hold my face firmly in place.

But. . .

-------------------------------------------------------------

Mmm, Aldo's sacrificing himself. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen