Chapter 42: 'Chat'

Jude Pov. . .

-------------------------------------------------

''Come along, Let's get you off the floor'' Mystery yellow eyed man said simply, Reaching out to grab onto the metal collar locked around my neck.

A small choked sound escaped me as he tugged me up to my feet, Forcefully leading me over to the nearby bed using the collar.

I glared furiously at him as he pulled me down to sit on the bed beside him.

''Who exactly are you?'' He questioned, Placing the plate of food he had brought in with himself down right beside me as he released his grip on the metal collar around my neck.

I kept quiet.

He stared at me expectantly for a long while until it became clear that I wasn't going to say anything to him.

Letting out a sigh, He shook his head before reaching back up towards the collar again.

I backed away, My feathers standing on end as I narrowed my eyes defensively before hopping off of the bed, A small growl coming from me in warning.

Mystery man arched an eyebrow before smirking.

''Use your words, I know you can speak'' He ordered, Standing up slowly as he spoke.

''Why would you think I'd want to speak to you?'' I questioned coldly, Slowly standing up as straight as I could, Hoping that I'd somehow intimidate the taller and scarier man before me.

Instead, He just chuckled as I realized that he had gotten me to speak.

''Heh. . .You're just as feisty as sweetie'' He said, Warm fondness in his voice before his expression hardened as he quickly reached out and yanked me forwards by the collar.

''Too bad I'm not as fond of you as I am him.'' He growled out as he continued, Giving a sharp yank to the collar, Forcing me down to my knees or else I'd end up choking.

I glared up at him as he rested his other hand on top of my head, His fingers lacing into my hair and holding on with a near painful grip.

''Now, If you don't want to tell me your name, That's alright, We'll skip past the pleasant talk and get right to the point. Who sent you here. And why.'' He demanded, Tugging harshly on my hair to make me look up as he crouched down so we were eye to eye now.

 I stared into his eyes defiantly.

Honestly my fear of this man had greatly diminished by now.

The slight pain and discomfort he had given me so far was nothing like the pain I had to go through when Quinn is mad with me or wanted sex.

The yellow eyed man arched an eyebrow, His gaze drifting to my neck before his eyes widened minutely.

He moved his hand off of the collar, Confusing me before his fingers lightly grazed over the heavily scarred area that used to be one of my scent glands.

Yellow let out a small hum, His eyes narrowing slightly before he slowly got back up, Releasing his grip on my hair.

''Who. Sent you here'' He questioned, His voice a little gentler as he spoke to me, Standing back a little ways from me now.

''I rather die than answer your questions'' I growled as I slowly got back to my feet.

He stared at me before turning towards the door without another word.

Before he left, He paused, Glancing back at me.

''Eat your food.'' He ordered, Nodding to the tray of food and glass of water that was still resting on the bed before the turned to the cell door and left, Locking it behind him.

Staring at the heavy metal door, I decided, This little interrogation wasn't nearly as bad as thought it'd be.

Now just to survive this tribe's Head's interrogation. . .

--- Theo Pov ---

Slowly, My eyes opened to see sunlight streaming in through the thin metal bar covered window.

I stared tiredly at the intricate woven metal bars that made a pattern through the glass of the window, Making it sturdier and decorative at the same time.

However with the mood I was in right now, I couldn't fully enjoy the clearly complex and pretty design.

I hadn't been able to sleep well at all last night, The combination of the new place and the general fear of the tribe around me kept me constantly waking up at every tiny little sound.

On the bright side, I at least got to sleep in a nest instead of a bed, It was clear that this tribe was a more ground based tribe and preferred beds over nests, So it was a nice surprise to see a nest instead of a bed waiting for me.

Sighing heavily, I climbed out of the nest, Shivering at the colder air as I shifted out of my first form and back into my second.

I hurried to pull on my clothes from the bag I had packed, Not wanting anyone to walk in on me while I was still naked.

Once that was done, I was about to close my bag again before pausing, My eyes landing on the little container filled with the scent blocker I had decided to bring along before deciding not to use the little blocker left just yet.

The blocker on my scent glands was starting to weaken, Allowing me to faintly catch the scents of the Normals as I stepped out into the hallway.

I stuck close to the wall, Having forgotten by now which turns and hallways Aldo had taken to get me here.

Not like it'd help me much even if I did remember.

And then, Just like a soft grey winged angel from above, Sophia suddenly turned the corner, Her eyes lighting up as soon as she spotted me.

''Morning Theo! How'd you sleep?'' She questioned cheerfully as she made her way over to me.

''I slept well'' I lied, Moving to walk beside her as she started to lead me through the hallways.

''Um. . .Do you happen to know where Aldo is?'' I questioned as absently as I could.

''I think he's down in the dungeon, They're cleaning out the plants down there right now, But we can totally go down there and see if we can find him'' She said cheerfully, Taking a sharp turn, Guiding me towards a long flight of stairs.

''. . .Sure'' I murmured, A little nervous but curious to see how Aldo acts when he's not out killing enemy tribes and trying to. . .Hunt? Capture? A potential mate.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Slightly late but. . .Here we go. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen