Chapter 6: Odd

Things go badly

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sure enough, I ended up spending the night outside in the cold.

And believe me, It was cold.

The jungle like forest I had lived my whole life in never really got that cold at night, So I was very caught off guard when I found myself shivering a while after the sun set.

I wrapped my wings tightly around myself in a somewhat sad attempt to keep warm.

It didn't really work with the amount of feathers I was missing from my wings.

That was how this group's 'leader' found me come morning, Curled up tightly with my wings wrapped around me.

I hadn't slept at all that night, A mixture of fear and cold fury pulsing through my freezing cold veins.

''Are you going to be civil now?'' He asked, His voice gruff from sleep.

I narrowed my eyes, Glaring at him as he crouched down in front of me.

As he looked me over, I did the same to him.

His grey-ish black hair was a sleep tousled mess.

Maybe not just sleep tousled. . .

The skin on his neck had purple hued hickeys spattered across his neck at random.

His clothes were even wrinkled slightly, The soft looking cotton shirt he was wearing even had a few buttons buttoned into the wrong holes, Making it all cockeyed.

He must have brought his mate with him here. . . Either that or a concubine. . .Either way, Seems like whoever he brought was quite possessive.

I was brought out of my thoughts when he reached out towards me.

Just like last time, Such a foolish action earned him a clawed hand.

However, Unlike last time, He didn't back off.

Instead, He roughly grabbed me by my wrist.

My heart stuttered in fear as I lashed out with my other hand.

Only for him to grab it to before he moved to lay over me, His hands pressing my arms into the ground as his body pinned my thrashing one to the ground with a growl.

My heart raced in my chest as my wide frightened eyes locked with his bright golden yellow ones.

I braced myself to feel my healing entrance below being ripped open again.

Instead, He just laid on top of me, Holding me down and forcing me to remain still.

I could feel his body warmth slowly seeping through my wings as he kept me pinned down, His body slowly thawing out mine.

Slowly, My agitated breathing started to return to more normal, Steady levels.

Yellow eyes was still staring at me, Seemingly studying my face.

I let out a quiet growl in response to the steady, Quiet rumbling growl coming from the other man.

He let out a small huffed chuckle before getting up slowly, Moving off of me and regretfully taking away his warmth as well.

No. I rather be free and freeze to death than whatever the hell will happen to me if I give in.

I glared at him as he stepped out of my clawing rage again, An amused look on his face for some reason.

I hissed quietly at him as he just shook his head, His amusement slowly fading.

''I see the cold didn't improve your mood any. . .'' He muttered calmly, Smoothing his shirt out a little bit.

I sneered at him, Bearing my teeth slightly in a clear threat.

He sighed, Shaking his head as he headed back for his tent.

I slowly calmed down, My trembling rage and fear being replaced with shivering cold as the heat his body had lent mine was sapped away by the cold morning air.

A small weak sounding mewl escaped my lips as I slowly curled back up on my side, My wings moving over me in an attempt to provide some warmth.

--- Time skip? ---

The sun had finally rose, Bringing with it enough warmth to encourage me to sit up, My wings held down to hide my privates.

I wasn't the only one up, The whole camp was awake and very active by now.

They had been taking down the tents and saddling up their horses by the time I finally spotted the Frog I had managed to save.

I had kept my eyes on him as he was carried surprisingly carefully to a horse before being strapped to it's back.

At least it doesn't look like they hurt him. . .

I felt the smallest bit of relief at that little fact.

That relief was quickly dashed however when I saw mr yellow eyes approaching me with clearly false calm, A rope held loosely in his hands.

A few nervous men followed behind him, A weary look in their eyes.

I narrowed my eyes, My feathers bristling slightly as I tried to shift back to my first form.

I felt my body let out a few pops as my form blurred slightly, However, The leather collar around my neck started to constrict slightly, Forcing me back into my second form.

I hissed quietly as they kept approaching.

Yellow eyes gestured to the two men than to either side of me.

They both gave a nod, No longer seeming as nervous as before.

I backed up slightly, Until the leash was pulled taut.

The two men moved to stand on either side of me.

I prepared to strike at them, Before I could however, They rushed forwards, Grabbing my arms and pulling them taut so I was unable to break free.

Growling, I thrashed around in their grip as panic gripped at my heart.

''Easy, Don't hurt him'' Yellow eyes told the two men as he looped the rope around my belly and my folded wings, Tying them in place securely to my torso.

''Sorry sir, He's not exactly as weak as he looks'' One of them grunted out, Readjusting his grip on my arm as I tried to tug my arm free.

''I know, Just do your best'' Yellow said, Moving to loop part of the rope around my wrists before carefully moving my arms so they were now tied to my waist with my wings.

''There, That should keep him from harming anyone on our way home'' Yellow said, Crouching down slightly, Foolishly not moving any further away from me.

As soon as he was distracted by one of his men shouting at him, I kicked my leg up.

Right.

Into.

His groin.

------------------------------------------------------------

Well, Theo still doesn't know Aldo's name, Nor does he know they mean him no harm, Any guesses how Theo's actions are gonna effect things?

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen