Chapter 15: Confusion

And a very late chapter. . .

-------------------------------------------------------------

I could feel my heart stuttering in my chest, My breathing becoming a bit ragged as the wintery pine smell coming from Yellow.

''They were your family?'' He checked, His voice sounding rough.

I bit down roughly on to my bottom lip, Hoping the slight pain would bring some clarity to my foggy mind.

Instead, The action seemed to catch the Normal's attention instead.

I could see his pupils dilating as his gaze moved to my lips.

I tensed up, Hissing quietly under my breath as I took a step back.

He seemed to snap out of whatever daze he was in.

He took a few steps back away from me, Some of his feathers bristling.

This place is just condensing that smell. . .

I felt my heart stuttered fearfully at that realization.

''I take it. . .That Tribe. . .Attacked yours?'' He stated, phrasing it like a question despite the fact he seemingly already knew the answer.

I silently stared at him, My wings moving forwards to shield my full body from his view.

He looked me up and down, As if he was seeing me from a new light now.

''And they took their spoils I see. . .'' Yellow continued, His velvety voice sounding softer.

''Are you done yet with your questions?'' I snapped out, My voice lacking edge and instead sounding small, Scared.

I could feel Yellow's eyes on me as that intoxicating wintery pine smell made my vision waver slightly, Like the air was tainted with drugs.

''No. . .No I am not'' He responded after a moment of silence, His voice hiding a strained sounding note, As if he was trying to hold himself back.

''Come, Sit down'' He muttered, Gesturing to his bed yet again.

I glared at him, My feathers fully fluffed up by now.

He arched an eyebrow before sighing and moving around me slightly.

I turned accordingly, Always keeping him in front of me.

''Sweetie, Sit down on the bed, There are a lot of questions I am going to ask you, It'd be better if you were resting while I asked them'' He said slowly, Forced patience in his voice.

Is he getting angry? Is this weird smell  making him aggressive?

I took another step backwards, My attention fully on him.

Foolishly on him.

My legs buckled slightly as the inside of my knees hit rather roughly into the wooden cot.

I stumbled slightly, Yet kept my footing, However, The little distraction allowed Yellow to get a lot closer to me.

My eyes widened in nervous horror as the wintery pine smell crowded my senses.

Cold. Un-protected, So cold. . .

I could feel my brain short circuiting slightly, Baser instincts taking over mostly.

And right now, My instincts were screaming that I was un-safe.

Growling, I started to shift into my first form when Yellow grabbed me firmly by my neck, Stopping me.

His pupils nearly covered his whole irises, Only a small sliver of yellow could be seen, Clearly whatever he was smelling was effecting him too.

A small whine escaped the back of my throat, Fear lacing the simple animalistic sound.

He let out a small rumbling sound as he pushed me down to the bed.

I could feel my breath stuttering with fear as he slowly moved to restrain my wings and arms as I thrashed in his grip.

Eventually I was stuck pinned under him, His face resting firmly against my neck.

The winter pine smell was much stronger this close to him.

It's coming from him? Is this his scent??

He let out another rumbling sound, His hand moving off of my neck, However, He remained pinning me still.

This close to the source of the wintery smell, I could feel the urge to bite something growing stronger.

I managed to hold back the instinctual urge, However, Yellow didn't appear to be doing as good at holding himself back as I was.

I could feel his breath on my neck before he lightly scraped his teeth over my scent gland.

I shivered slightly, My heart stuttering again in fear.

Before anything else could happen, Someone opened the tent flap.

I gasped quietly as the fresh air dissipated the scent that was clogging my senses and fogging my mind.

I wasn't the only one effected.

Yellow moved back slightly, His body was still laying across mine but his teeth were no longer pressed to the glands at my neck.

''Uh sir. . .Your uh. . .Your lady is wanting to spend some time with you. . .'' Whoever had opened the tent flap informed Yellow.

Said man sighed before getting up, Slowly moving off of me.

''Tell her I'll sleep with her later, I need to speak with one of our elders. Now.'' Yellow said firmly, His voice rougher then it was before we entered this tent.

He glanced back at me as the other Homigriff dashed off to do as he ordered.

He grabbed the edge of the tent flap, Tying it back so it was propped open, Allowing the outside air to slowly start clearing out the condensed smell that seemed to cling to everything in the tent.

Makes sense. . .This is his tent and I assume that is his scent. . .

 ''Simon, Make sure he stays in the tent, I don't think it'd be the best idea for him to wander about camp'' Yellow ordered another soldier of his.

I was about to protest to that however, He was already walking off.

I couldn't very well snap at him without causing a scene.

So I bit back my words and settled for glaring at his slowly retreating back, My breathing still ragged.

The smell wasn't as strong anymore, And if I were to bet, I bet the Normals couldn't even smell it, But it was still there for me.

Sometimes. . .Being a Sub Homi and having a better sense of smell then the Normals isn't always good. . . I guess. . .

Sitting up slightly in the bed, My nose wrinkled slightly as the movement loosed another bought of that wintery smell.

I guess it's somewhat soothing. . .

-------------------------------------------------------------------

And of course being locked in an enclosed, Poorly ventilated area can had effects when you're affected by smell, Any guess why Aldo wants to speak with an elder?

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen