Chapter 56: Imprisoned

Jude pov (Also late chapter)

--------------------------------------------------------

I trailed behind Aldo like a lost puppy, Not wanting to let him out of my sight.

Theo had also been following him around until some of the servants asked him for help, Drawing him away from our bandaged up mate.

From what I've heard, He's currently helping the kitchen staff prepare food once again.

Aldo looked weaker than usual. . .

He was in his third form now, Meaning I couldn't see his wings, But before he had shifted into said form, His wings had been trembling with the effort of keeping them up.

That was. . .Concerning me.

Due to that, I stuck as close to him as I could, Worried that he might fall or get hurt.

I was absorbed enough in my thoughts that I didn't notice my mate had stopped until I ran right into him.

Wincing slightly, I took a step back, An apology on the tip of my tongue.

''You alright?'' He asked before I could speak, Making me stumble over my words as he caught me by surprise.

''I-I-I'm fine, Sorry'' I apologized, Dipping my head in submission as I spoke.

He gave me a small, Gentle smile before he reached out, Grabbing the front of my tunic and pushing me up against the wall.

Oh. . .

I was staring up at him with wide eyes, Very much caught off guard when he proceeded to quickly capture my lips in a brief kiss.

''Aldo?'' I questioned in confusion when he finally pulled back, Moving his head down to gently mouth at the side of my neck baring his mark.

My breath hitched slightly at the open mouthed kisses my yellow eyed mate was pressing against my throat.

Squirming slightly, I was very unsure what I was supposed to do.

I hadn't been mated to Aldo for too long so I was constantly confused around him.

He was very. VERY different from Quinn.

''What. . .What are you doing?'' I questioned breathlessly as his hands started to wander my body, Starting to catch the attention of my cock.

He just hummed quietly instead of answering me, One hand reaching up under my shirt to gently pinch at my nipples, Drawing a small hiss from me.

I started to arch into his touch before he pulled away all of a sudden, Causing a small growl to leave me.

''There's my fierce mate'' Aldo purred out, Seeming very pleased that I was showing my annoyance.

''Aldo? What the hell are you doing?'' I questioned as he returned to lightly kissing at my neck.

''Kissing you? I think that's what this counts as'' He murmured back, Amused with how I was acting.

''But why are you doing this?'' I questioned, Looking about wearily as I remembered, This was an easily reachable hall we were standing in.

I didn't want to spook some poor servant if one of them wandered down this way.

''You've been acting different since Quinn arrived, I've had some time to think about all of this while waiting for everyone to return. . .I do not like seeing you all meek, Skittish and scared'' He explained calmly, Moving back to stare me in my eyes.

I sighed quietly, Letting out a small breathy laugh.

''Here I was thinking you just wanted to have sex with me'' I muttered quietly, Resting my head against his neck.

Aldo let out a rumbling purr at that, Seemingly very pleased with the outcome.

''I'm not about to stop you'' He rumbled out, His hands resting on my hips as he spoke.

Sighing, I reached up and gently pushed him back.

''Aldo. . .If you just wanted to mate with me, Why are we so far from the bedchamber?'' I questioned, Leaning against the wall as I spoke, Watching my grey winged mate.

He smiled down at me before gently grabbing onto my hands.

''You'll see, Follow me'' He answered cryptically, Tugging me carefully away from the wall and instead towards to archway leading down to the prison underneath the castle.

''You could just tell me. . .'' I muttered, Sticking close to him as we walked.

He looked a bit colder than normal.

Reaching a wing out, I draped one of mine over his shoulders, Moving to walk beside my odd mate.

''I could. . .Or. . .It can be a surprise'' Was all he said in response to my very valid point.

Sighing, I shook my head slightly.

''You are a very odd man'' I muttered, My voice holding an unintended fond note to it.

He just smiled at that before leading me down into the dungeon.

Many of the cells were empty, But a few of them had prisoners inside.

What they did to get imprisoned? I have no clue, But it must have been extreme considering how laid back Aldo is.

Aldo led me past cell after cell, Eventually though, We made it to a long hallway with a single large cell door at the end of the hallway, No other cells lined the walls of this hall.

''What. . .Is this place?'' I questioned slowly, Trying to wrap my mind around the fact that a secluded cell was hidden in this maze like place.

Why would he have a secluded cell down here? It's not like the other cells allow you to talk or interact with other prisoners or anything. . .

''This. . .Is a special cell we have reserved for any captured Heads, Only my most trusted are allowed anywhere near this cell, It's so the Head is less likely to be able to escape'' Aldo informed me, Reaching out to grab onto the door's handle.

''When did a Head arri-'' I started to question before Aldo pulled the door open, Making my heart drop like a stone.

Quinn was chained up in the middle of the room, Quite a few bandages covering his body.

Aldo had looked bad after all of this, But Quinn looked worse.

His wings were tattered, Most likely to keep him from getting away. . .Or cheating.

I couldn't see the state of his arms or legs thanks to the bandages on them, But he clearly wasn't putting any weight on either set so my guess was, They were pretty banged up now too.

''Seeing as Quinn here has lost his fight, I get to decide what happens to him from now on'' Aldo explained.

I already knew this, Seeing as the same thing happened to me after I lost my hunt with Quinn.

''Why are you telling me this?'' I questioned, Hesitantly following Aldo into the room.

Quinn was chained to the floor in a kneeling position, His head was hung low, Preventing me from seeing his face.

''Well. . .He tore up the left side of your neck, Didn't he?'' Aldo questioned, Stopping next to Quinn and burying his fingers in the other man's hair as he spoke.

I hesitantly nodded, Confused where this was going.

''Well, It's only right that you at least get to mark him back, He is your mate as well after all'' Aldo murmured, Using his grip on Quinn's hair to tilt the man's head back, Exposing his throat, A single, Fresh bite mark being the only thing marring his skin.

But. . .That would mean. . .Quinn and I would be. . .Equals. . .

-----------------------------------------------------------------

:D Quinn's alive!

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen