Chapter 23: Clear

Annnd we're back with a late chapter! T-T Yay

----------------------------------------------------------

I turned my head around slightly, Expecting to find Aldo behind me, Expecting to see his golden eyes.

Instead, I was greeted with a different feathered face.

Before I could react to the great-horned owl Homigriff held my wings to my back, Forcing me to plummet from the sky.

Thankfully, My captor didn't let me plummet for long, After a second, They spread their wings, Catching a drift and causing us to slowly glide to the ground.

Eventually, We reached the ground, Landing with a small thud a few wing beats away from the Normal's camp.

I was about to lash out at my captor when she shifted back into her second for with a sigh.

''Damn you're fast'' Sophie laughed out, A smile on her face as she sat up, Her grey colored wings held around herself to keep some semblance of modesty.

I stared at her for a long moment before my feathers bristled.

''Why did you do that? I was escaping!'' I demanded as I shifted back into my second form, Narrowing my eyes slightly.

She gave me an un-amused look before pushing herself to her feet.

''Were you even paying attention to how high up you were getting? Surely you noticed how dangerously thin and cold the air was up there'' Sophie berated, Sounding a lot like a concerned mother snapping at a danger seeking child.

I opened my mouth, About to protest before I noticed, My teeth were chattering slightly.

Looking down at my arms, I could see goose bumps covering my slightly trembling limbs.

''Oh. . .''I whispered quietly in surprise, The clinging smell of pine and mint was starting to settle down slightly by now, Helping me think a little straighter.

''Yeah, 'Oh' is right, You could have gotten hurt up there.'' Sophie chided before letting out a sigh.

''What were you doing up there anyways?'' She asked, Moving away from me a bit more, Her wings held up and lightly flapping, As if stretching.

''Like I said, I was trying to escape, I was going to find my tribe'' I explained, Adding on the last bit.

Sophie arched an eyebrow at that.

''Do you know where they are?'' She asked, Tilting her head slightly as she spoke.

I sheepishly rubbed at my arm slightly as I trained my eyes on the ground.

''I have a guess. . .I know the general area too. . .'' I said, Realizing now how bad of an idea just running in a random direction and hoping I'd find my tribe would be.

''Do you know the way to this 'General area'?'' Sophie continued, Her voice thankfully sympathetic.

I looked away from her, Staring back up at the sky.

''I'll take that as a no'' Sophie said before sighing and running her hand through her hair.

''Right, Well, In that case, It'd be best if you head back and ask Aldo to take you there, He and his soldiers are pretty good at tracking people down'' She said, Walking past me as she spoke.

 ''That's not reassuring. . .What if they track down and finish off my people?'' I muttered, My brain starting to slowly panic through the scent induced haze I had been in.

''Listen, I'm going to assume you're only asking this because of the whole 'Constantly being near Aldo and his scent thing' not because flying as high as you did damaged your brain'' Sophie started, Resulting in me giving her a glare.

''Look, If he wanted to track down your tribe, He wouldn't need to follow you to do so, You don't even know where they are anyways, It'd be like the blind leading the blind, All that comes of that is pain'' She continued.

''So. . .What are you advising I d-'' I started to ask before suddenly the camp next to us erupted into activity.

''What's going on?'' I demanded, Spreading my wings as I spoke.

Before Sophie could answer, One of the soldiers started to head in our direction.

''You're Sweetie right?'' The soldier asked as soon as he was within shouting distance.

I glanced at Sophie before slowly nodding, My wings lifting up slightly to wrap around me and hide my nudity.

''One of the wounded-'' The soldier started to say before my eyes widened.

The frog. . .Mikey. . .

I didn't even wait for the soldier to finish his sentence before I was shifting into my first form and taking flight.

I completely forgot the whole reason I even came back here. . .How could I have been so stupid. . .

Diving down out of the air, I landed roughly in front of the med tent.

I stumbled slightly, Shifting into my second form and nearly face-planting into the ground as I tried to regain my balance.

Based upon the slight movement of light and shadow inside the tent, It looked like a struggle was going on.

No Mikey. . .Please don't tell me it's you. . .

Rushing into the tent, Sure enough, Mikey was there, Struggling against two much stronger and clearly un-wounded Normals.

I had no doubt that he had most likely managed to tear scabs and partly healed wounds already.

Moving forwards, I spread my wings out, Putting myself between Mikey and the Normals.

''Stop, Stop this right now'' I growled out quietly to Mikey, Making eye contact with the clearly distressed man.

His only response was a very feral sounding growl.

He was in full defensive mode, His more logical sides of his brain having given up control to his instincts.

Don't growl back. . .

I had experience dealing with people in distress like this, The one thing you never do is growl back.

However, The soldiers clearly hadn't had such experience.

I internally cringed when they started to growl back.

Deciding I had no other choice, I changed plans, Moving forwards quickly to wrap my arms and wings around the other man.

Normally this would be a very. Very. Bad idea, However, We had been close to each other long enough that our scents soothed the other anymore.

Despite that, He did struggle against  my grip, However, After a moment, He started to settle down.

Thank the stars. . .How could I have forgotten them. . .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annnd a very late chapter. . .

Anyways, Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen