Chapter 70: Again.

Back to Theo's Pov :)

----------------------------------------------------

Jude had been sleeping for a while now.

He must be really exhausted. . .

I watched as his chest slowly rose and fell, Breathing deeply as he slept.

There was some blood on his wings, I assumed it was from when Aldo and I bite each other.

I really wanted to clean it off, But I also didn't want to wake him.

So I just stared at him, Watching him sleep as I just laid there, Thinking.

He's got so many scars. . .He's been through a lot. . .More than I'll ever know. . .

Closing my eyes, I rolled over onto the other side of the bed, Not wanting to be rude and keep staring.

Would Aldo be annoyed if I were to go and see if the kitchen staff need any help? I don't really like laying around all day. . .

Glancing back over at Jude, I hoped he'd be awake, Then I'd at least have him to talk to.

He must really be tired. . .

With Jude still peacefully sleeping and Aldo no where in sight, I decided that it'd probably be okay to wander the nearly endless corridors of the palace.

As quietly as I could, I got out of bed, Slipping out of Aldo's room and into the oddly empty halls beyond.

It felt a bit eerie, With the high ceilings, Tall walls and many doors.

Sure I've been staying here for a while, But it is so shockingly different from my forested home that I still felt a bit out of place.

I had turned down a few different halls before I realized, I hadn't passed a single guard.

That's. . .Unusual, There's typically so many guards at every hall. . .

The feathers on my wings started to bristle slightly, Unease filling me.

Something's wrong. . .

Shivering slightly, I quickly turned on my heel, Makings a bee-line back to Aldo's room, And the sleeping man inside.

As quietly as I could, I pushed the door open, Unable to hear much of anything over the pounding of my heart.

Something was very wrong.

Looking up, I felt my heart straight up freeze in my throat.

A grey cloaked person stood over where Jude slept, A knife slowly being moved towards the unsuspecting man's throat.

Everything after that, Was a blur.

--- Jude Pov ---

A roar woke me with a jolt, My eyes snapping open as I shifted into my first form on instinct.

What is it? What's happening?

My tried brain was struggling to comprehend the facts that were flying at me, But it was doing well enough for me to get a good idea though.

A familiar Homigriff in first form was attacking another first form Homi, The much smaller one clearly on the loosing end of the fight despite being the one to launch into the other.

Theo. . .

Growling, I snapped my beak together, Pissed off as I quickly jumped out of bed, Joining into the fray.

The tang of copper once again filled my mouth as my beak sunk into the feather covered flesh of the enemy's wing, The feeling of resistance telling me I reached bone.

Theo, The young and vastly inexperienced fighter, Had managed to land many good blows by now, Taking just as many hits as he was giving.

Which is unforgiveable.

Putting more force into my bite, I felt the hollow bones in their wing snap, Earning a shrill cry from the hawk like Homigriff.

A wing injury is a crippling thing, Preventing one from shifting into their third form, Preventing them from flying and even making just normal life much more difficult and painful. . .

Reaching out, I grabbed onto their other wing as I released the first.

At this point they were no longer trying to fight back, Opting instead to try and flee.

I. . .Don't think so.

My vision was swimming with red as I latched onto the mystery attacker's other wing, Another strong bite and the satisfying sound of a crunch reached my ears.

Theo had stumbled back by now, Panting and dripping blood onto the pelt covered floor, Much of it his own.

Letting go of the nearly passed out attacker, I shifted back into my second form, Hurrying to the smaller male's side as he did the same.

''Theo? Are you alright? What happened?'' I questioned, My hands going instantly to his bare skin, Brushing my finger tips close the the gashes that were sluggishly oozing thick red blood.

He groaned quietly in pain, His eyes closing as he flinched.

I didn't have time to even try and questioned him further as the bedroom door was slammed open, A panicked Aldo followed by multiple guards instantly entering behind him.

What is going on??

--- Quinn Pov ---

Nervously, I huddled in the corner of my glorified cell.

I could hear a shriek of pain from somewhere deeper in the palace.

My blood was running cold with fear.

No no no. . .This can't be happening. . .Not again. . .Not so soon. . .

They were here, The special group of assassins that my father's council has on beck and call for this very reason.

This isn't my first time loosing a mating hunt between two heads. . .

Before I had even found Jude, There was another mate I had found, A head from a much larger kingdom.

He and I fought, And I of course lost. . .

I was still so young, Barely had been head for a year.

Had just become an adult the year prior. . .

They had reclaimed me before he could even get around to giving me a mating bite.

He was presumably killed and I was once again returned to my father's council.

The following weeks had been hell, The consequence of failing them. . .

Here we go again. . .It's going to be so much worse this time. . .They're gonna drug me until my brains melt out my ears. . .

There was the loud jarring sound of an armored body hitting the floor, Echoing off the bare walls around my cell.

''Hello little prince.'' A sickly sweet voice purred out from the cell door, Making my stomach turn as the guard's key clicked in the lock.

''The leaders are mighty displeased with you'' The assassin continued, Their sharpened teeth glinting in the candle light as a cruel grin was directed towards me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

:D

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen