Chapter 35: Torn

<:

---------------------------------------------------------------

It had been a long night.

My parents had constantly been checking on me all throughout the night, As if they were worried I'd just disappear if they didn't constantly check on me.

Maybe they thought Aldo would kidnap me in my sleep. . .

It felt so odd to wake up in my room after such a long time away.

The familiar walls, The soft nest that I had made years ago, The small little display of items I had been given by the different men who had courted me before, All of it was so jarringly normal now.

Sighing, I shivered ever so slightly at the coolness of the morning air on my bare skin as I made my way over to the little display.

I had opted to sleep in my first form last night, Still un-easy thanks to what happened last time I was home.

Reaching into the display, I selected a sharpened stone from one of the Frogs who had courted me the longest after Mikey and I broke up.

He had found a stunning blue speckled rock while he was out on a border patrol, He had memorized where it was and returned to get it after his patrol was done.

When he got it home, He polished it until it was smooth and shiny enough that you could see your reflection in it if you looked hard enough.

From there he sharpened it and sharpened it until it was dagger like, Easily cutting through both and and wood like it was nothing.

Despite how useful it is, I never used it for anything.

Ander had given it to me as one of his many courting gifts and that to me made it special and worth protecting. 

Running my thumb over the edge, I winced slightly when it parted my skin, A bead of blood leading sadly out of the wound I had accidently inflicted on myself.

''You know. . .He's been worried sick about you'' Mom commented as she poked her head into my room.

I blinked in surprise, Looking away from the shiny weapon in my hands.

''I. . .It's been so long since he's lived in our tribe. . .'' I whispered quietly, Staring out the window.

During the time Ander was courting me, He had caught the attention of another tribe's Mother.

After a long talk, It was decided that he and I would put our relationship on hold while he helps the weaker tribe.

''You know. . .He came back to our tribe to help your father and I search for you. . .He's still here if you want to visit him'' Mom continued before a small little golden haired kid poked her head into my room.

I swiftly put the rock down, Slipping into a crouch and opening my arms just in time to embrace the little kid who had ran full tilt at me.

''T-eo! T-eo! You're back!'' Marigold said happily, Clinging to me as if she let go I'd disappear.

''Oh my goodness! Mari? Is that you? You've gotten so tall!'' I said, Hugging her back as she clung to me tightly, Her grip downright painful now.

She giggled, Slowly letting me go.

''T-eo why'd you leave?'' She asked as I slowly got back up, Holding her in my arms.

She had flung her arms around my neck, Clinging to me as her little wings pressed close to her back, She trusted me not to drop her.

A familiar feeling was slowly returning to my heart, This was what I missed. . .

But what if it's not what I really want?. . .I could go back to my normal life. . .Caring for Marigold, Training to be a Frog and being courted by Ander. . .

Reaching my other hand up, I gently tucked some of Marigold's chaotic-ly fluffy hair back behind her ears.

Or. . .I could follow Aldo, Figure him out and figure out my feelings for him while we do who knows what together. . .

Both options summoned up equally exciting feelings inside me.

What do I do . . .

''T-eo!'' Marigold squeaked out, Starting to squirm around in my grip.

She wanted to stop just standing in the same place.

Smiling slightly, I carried her out into the kitchen.

Dad was most likely at work based upon the fact he was no where in sight.

So, When someone knocked on the door, I was a bit surprised.

Marigold and I shared a glance before she buried her face in my neck.

Smiling, I made my way to the vines that made up our door, Pushing them aside.

I sort of expected to see either Aldo or Tom, Seeing as both of them had a track record of randomly appearing to talk with me lately.

Instead, I was greeted with an even more familiar man.

Ander covered his mouth as his eyes landed on me, Small tears making them shine.

I didn't have much time to react before the black haired man embraced me in a hug, His large harpy wings wrapping around me as one of his hands moved to rest on the back of my head.

''Oh thank the stars, Theo. . .'' He whispered quietly, His normally warm and smooth sounding voice slightly raspy from overuse.

I slowly wrapped my wings around him seeing as my arms were occupied with holding Marigold.

Speaking of Marigold.

''T-eo! I'm crus-ed!'' She squeaked out, Squirming around again.

Ander and I pulled apart while I set Marigold down, She stumbled slightly before running back into the house, Most likely going to either mom or her pile of toys.

I watched her go before turning my attention back to Ander, Finding he had been watching me.

My ears heated up a bit as I glanced down at the floor.

''You have no idea how relieved I am that you're still alive'' He murmured, Drawing my attention back up to him.

He was staring at me as if I was some sort of rare and fragile flower, As if he was worried that even looking at me would somehow damage me.

The feelings I had once felt for him were starting to bubble back up now.

This is going to be a hard choice. . .How the hell do I even choose. . .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

:) and we shall soon see the Sub Homigriff's way of winning over a mate. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen