Chapter 63: Fair

Jude Pov. . .We get to see what Jude did to Quinn! :D (Suffice to say, Chapter's got gore)

-----------------------------------------------------------

I was wandering about through the palace, Doing my best to retrace Theo's steps from earlier.

His habit of wearing some sort of scent dulling herb made that task quite difficult, But so far I was managing, Mostly by asking those in the palace where they last saw Theo.

That is how I found myself in the dungeon under the palace, Wandering deeper and deeper, Past prisoner after prisoner until finally, I found where Theo's scent was the strongest.

Right outside of a secluded prison cell.

A cell that contained someone familiar. . .Quinn.

''You.'' He growled out as soon as he saw me.

I could feel my body tense up, My feathers bristling as the taller man slowly stalked over to his prison door.

''So you finally show yourself without hiding behind your brute of a mate. You traitor.'' Quinn snarled out, His hands curling around the bars that were inset in the heavy wooden door.

''Hello to you too'' I grumbled back, Taking a small step away from him. . .Just to be safe.

''Why have you dragged your disgusting self down here? Finally remember your place?'' Quinn sneering out at me, His eyes narrowing as he spoke.

Slowly, I arched an eyebrow, My shaking just now starting to get back under control.

I don't need to fear him, He is the one behind the bars now, Not me.

I held my head high, Doing my best to square my shoulders.

''What. Exactly. Is my place?'' I questioned icily.

Typically I'd not stand up to him seeing as he'd usually be able to lord his control over me, Attacking and ordering me back into what he considers 'my place'.

But. . .He wasn't in control anymore. . .Now was he?

''Watch your tone with me. That yellow eyed idiot may let you do whatever the fuck you want but I sure as hell won't!'' Quinn snarled out at me, Sneering at me.

He clearly wasn't taking his loss of control over me too well.

''Such a shame that you're no longer in control then'' I bit out, My voice sickly sweet.

A scoff left the other man as he stood up straight as well, His feathers bristled in annoyance and indignation.

''You should be taught your place, Just like that other one'' He taunted, Clearly expecting me rise to the insult directed at me, Not the mention of Theo.

''Just like the other one? Which. 'Other one'.'' I hissed out, A nagging feeling telling me that he was partly responsible for Theo's distress.

He better not have.

Theo has unknowingly been incredibly kind to me.

As Aldo's first mate, Even though he hasn't been marked, Theo's still higher in rank than I am.

He could easily deny me sleeping in the same room as Aldo, Mating with Aldo. . .Hell, As Aldo's first mate, Theo could have even protested to Aldo accepting and marking me.

But he didn't. . .He hasn't even been petty or passive aggressive with me.

That's a lot better than a lot of first mates. . .Many of them tend to lord their power over their other mates. . .Like how Quinn used to lord his power over me.

Theo was nice to me. . .A bit quiet and resigned at first, But he's been nice. . .

May the gods help you. Hurt me? Fine. I'm used to it. But not him. . . He shouldn't have to deal with that.

''Oh you know, That exotic side piece of Aldo's. . .Really must applaud the yellow eyes moron, One smart thing he did was catch that one. . .Give him some proper training and I bet-'' Quinn was going on about when I just turned on my heel and walked away.

So he did something.

A cold, Familiar calm had washed over me.

Well. . .About time he learns that actions have consequences. . .

Since Aldo was away. . .And Theo never claimed the spot as first mate, That left me mostly in charge when Aldo's gone.

''Guard, I require the key to Quinn's cell'' I requested, Approaching the soldier that was standing at attention, Guarding Quinn's cage.

She hesitated, But soon relented, Handing over the key to my ex-abuser's prison.

Giving her a tight smile, I muttered a quick 'Thank you.' Before turning on my heel again returning to the heavy wooden door.

Never let it be said that Quinn lacked survival instincts.

As soon as I approached the door, He picked up on something about me, Giving away the cold, Violent feeling that had overcome me.

''Jude. . .What do you think you're doing'' He demanded, His voice wobbling slightly as he started to realize how much danger he was in.

I didn't respond, Instead, I unlocked the door, Stepping into the cell as the other man hurriedly started to back away.

''Now. . .Don't be getting all emotional. . .'' He tried, His scent reeking of terror.

I stopped, Just watching him. . .

We stared at each other silently for a moment. . .

Predator. . .

And prey. . .

He blinked. . .

I blinked. . .

Then proceeded to lunge forwards, Reaching for his wings.

He couldn't move out of the way in time.

My fingers sunk into the soft feathers of his wings.

He didn't have time to react before I was pulling as hard and as quickly as I could. . .Then all he could do was scream as I tore and ripped at his feathers, Clawing at the bleeding and exposed skin every time I reached for another handful of feathers.

My skin was coated with warm red liquid when the guard from before pulled me off of him.

He had passed out from the pain, His wings barely more than blood coated downy feathers and strips of tattered flesh.

How cathartic.

More guards were rushing to the cell, Some of them shouting for a medic as they ran.

They paid me no mind as I calmly made my way back to Aldo's room.

That felt no different than when I kill an unfit or rival leader. . .

I made my way to the smaller room connected to Aldo's room.

Inside was a large bath that was constantly being warmed by embers underneath it.

Undressing, I slowly slipped into the pleasantly warm waters, Setting about washing the blood from my skin.

--------------------------------------------------------------

:) This is what Jude was doing while Aldo was finding Theo

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen