Chapter 76: Misery

Well. . .The vote is in and. . .Yes.

And the question? Well now that's the mystery isn't it?

hmm. . .

------------------------------------------------------------

Waking up, The first thing I was aware of was the sheer amount of pain I was in.

My stomach felt like it was about to break open, As if all my muscles and organs were bruised and being squeezed.

I wanted to throw up. . .

A broken, Very pained whimper left me as I curled into a tighter ball before I became aware of yet another thing.

I wasn't alone in the room.

''He's awake!''  ''Oh I told that stupid healer he should eat before being drugged''  ''Look how big his stomach's gotten!'' Three different but familiar voices whispered, Drawing my attention towards the door.

And towards the three kitchen staff members who were standing by the door to the bedroom, Looks of concern on their faces.

''Oh! Hey Theo!'' Marty, One of said staff members whispered happily, Mercifully keeping his voice down for me.

''Hey, Wha- What's going on?'' I questioned, Breaking off briefly as a pained whimper escaped my lips, The pain briefly spiking beyond it's previous burning, Throbbing state.

''Easy easy dude, You're supposed to be resting'' James another staff member butted in, Moving now, To the bedside as he spoke.

''What. . .What are you three doing here?'' I managed to get out, Trying to keep my tone gentle despite the tears of pain gathering in my eyes.

My mates still aren't here. . .I just want to be alone with my pain. . .

''Alex sent us up here to bring you some food, The healer said something about you needing lots of energy and to make you some stuff to keep you full while you're knocked out'' Forest explained, Moving over to join James beside my bed.

''Oh, That's very sweet of you guys but I'm pretty sure I can make my way downstairs-'' I started to say, Attempting to sit up before a bolt of pain burned through my body.

A hiss of agony escaped me as I leaned heavily back against the headboard of the bed.

I think I'm going to vomit. . .

''Hey hey, Easy, Just relax, We're under strict instructions to keep you from overexerting yourself while trying to eat'' James cut in, Grabbing one of the pillows from the other side of the bed and moved it behind my head.

''Yeah, We don't want to see you in pain. . .Also Sophia and Alex will both gut us if you're even slightly hurt more than usual during all of this'' Marty explained, His voice taking on a teasing tone towards the second half.

Forest grabbed a rather large bowl from a tray I had failed to see earlier and proceeded to bring it over to the bed.

''Here, It's cheesy potato soup, Alex made it without bacon since you don't like eating meat'' Forest explained as he handed me the very very warm bowl and a spoon.

''Thank you'' I whispered, So grateful for the soothing warmth on my stomach.

I carefully blew on the spoon full of soup before taking a bite.

A content hum left me at the nice taste and more importantly the soothing warmth as I swallowed it.

It was soothing. . .Made the pain slightly less.

''So! Do you have any ideas what you're having?'' Marty questioned eagerly only to get smacked on his head by James.

''He's having an egg you dumbass. Also that's a rude question to ask.'' James scolded as Forest started to quietly snicker.

It was nice to have company. . .

I listened to them quietly bicker with each other like they always did in the kitchens while I slowly ate, Much more soothed and calmed.

I was still in pain, But I felt better. . .

Eventually though, It became dark outside and I had finished my meal.

The members of the kitchen staff left with waves and well wishes for me to get feeling better.

I didn't have time to mourn the loss of their company as almost instantly I was joined by Sophia and the healer.

Sophia was going to send a messenger out to go find Aldo and Jude and bring them back but it was unlikely they'd make it back in time for the birth of our egg.

So she wanted to know what message I wanted sent to them.

Deciding it was better to not panic them by telling them 'hey you just left your mate alone and in charge of a kingdom while with child. . .Surprise!' we settled on the simple but urgent message of 'There is an urgent matter back at the kingdom that needs both of your immediate attentions'.

The healer examined me and decided that so far both my egg and I were doing just fine. . .The egg was developing a bit quicker than it should and was further along than it needed to be, But other than that, There were no concerns.

I was given a few more drugs and spent a short while talking with both the healer and Sophia before finally, Sleep consumed me.

While I slept, Guards stood outside the bedroom door, Loyally protecting me. . .The same guards I had checked up on earlier.

- - - Pov change - - -

Sitting astride my horse, My council and I slowly made our way through the forest that divided the territories belonging to two of the largest local kingdoms.

''Sir. Sir!'' A timid, Shaky voice called out to me, Drawing my more so apathetic attention towards the young page who was riding with us, Not being allowed to be out of sight of their mate, One of my council members.

I scowled slightly, Causing the young Homigriff to jump backwards slightly on their horse as my attention was turned towards them.

''What is it.'' I questioned, Not intending for my voice to be as harsh as it was, However, It had been a long long day of riding. . .So I was a bit cranky.

''Can. . .I wanted to ask if it was possible that we could break camp for the night'' The page timidly questioned, Their voice trembling under my stare.

Sighing, I turned back forwards, Silent for a long moment as we kept riding before i nodded.

I could see the page crying out of the corner of my eye, Hiding their face against their mate.

I knew they were scared of me. . .Many griffs were. . .With the long scar descending down from my eyebrow, Engulfing my left eye and ending somewhere near my collar bone, I was quite scary.

Sighing in annoyance, I dismounted my horse and started about pitching my tent.

Well. . .We'll see how this other Head reacts to such disfiguring wounds. . .Maybe it'll scare this 'Aldo' fellow.

---------------------------------------------------------

Well. . .Wonder what's going to happen. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen