Chapter 60: Chatting

And here we go again. . .

-----------------------------------------------------------

Aldo and I took a good while to return to the palace, By the time we got back the sun hung high and heavy in the sky, The air around us burning hot as we glided in.

Everyone was going about their business, The city below filled with Homigriffs in varying forms rushing to and from work with young kids playing playing as close to the shade of the buildings as they could.

Returning to the kingdom after having fled it like a kid having run away from home in a tantrum made a twisting feeling of embarrassment coil in my chest.

As soon as we landed within the palace walls, Two people hurriedly approached us, Sophia hurrying towards me as Jude embraced Aldo.

''Theo, Are you alright? You aren't hurt? Right?'' She checked as Jude fussed over Aldo.

''I'm fine, I'm fine, Just. . .Fine'' I assured, Gently moving her hands away from my face where she had been turning my face side to side to look for any wounds.

Her eyes were trained on the scabbed over scratch on my face from when Quinn hurt me.

Thankfully, She didn't say a word.

A small muffled sound from the two embracing men drew my attention back to my destined mates.

Aldo's lips were locked with Jude's, One of the grey haired man's hands tightly coiled in the other man's hair, Tilting his head back at an angle so the dark brown eyed man's neck was bared.

Everything's back to normal I guess. . .

I felt kind of awkward and like I was intruding by just standing here.

I nervously started to rub at my arms before Sophia pointedly cleared her throat, Making the two men slowly pull apart, Aldo's eyes landing on me while Jude buried his face in his mate's chest.

A small, Lope sided smile that sent shivers down my spine formed on Aldo's face.

He started to move in my direction with Jude still clinging to him.

Before he could though, A guard suddenly burst into the room, Rushing straight to Aldo.

''Sir! Sir we need you in the dungeons! Now!'' The guard rushed out, Panicked.

Aldo looked confused but something on the woman's face must have made him concerned because he gave a nod, Releasing his mate with a quick kiss to Jude's lips before following the guard down towards the dungeons.

And just like that, Things were back once again to how they were before.

Letting out a shaky sigh, I gave Sophia a small, Fragile smile before starting to head towards the passageways that led to the rooms.

''Theo'' A voice called out behind me, Drawing my attention to the distinctly spiced smell that spoke of who was approaching me.

''Yes, Jude?'' I questioned hesitantly, Unsure why the other man was approaching me.

Shouldn't he be going with his mate?

''You missed breakfast, So'' Jude started, Before holding a cloth covered basket out towards me.

I blinked dumbly, Confused for a solid moment before he pulled the cloth back, Revealing a few pastries and a slice of some sort of quiche.

''Oh. . .Thank you'' I murmured, Surprised but grateful as I accepted the basket from him.

''I didn't know what you like to eat but I figured since I've seen you eat a lot of fruits and plants that you'd like some fruity pastries'' Jude explained, Giving me a small, Closed lipped smile as he spoke.

I nodded along with what he said, Even further surprised to know that he had been paying enough attention to me to notice what I liked to eat.

''That's. . .Really nice of you, Thank you'' I responded, Returning the small smile he had aimed at me.

He hesitated slightly before awkwardly patting me on my head.

''Come, Why don't you eat breakfast in the garden'' Jude offered, Gesturing for me to follow him as he started to head deeper through the winding passages of the palace.

''Garden? There's a garden here?'' I asked as I followed behind him, Confused.

How come I've never heard of any garden in the palace before?. . .Ah right. . .'Cause I don't belong here.

''Yeah, All palaces have a small hidden garden close to the center for the heads and their family to spend time in nature without having to worry about being attacked or kidnapped'' Jude explained, Keeping his head low as we passed a few guards in the hall.

I made sure to wave to the three men before hurrying to catch up with Jude.

''I didn't know about that. . .Guess that makes sense though. . .'' I responded, Stumbling slightly in my rush to keep up with the other man.

He glanced back at me, His brows furrowing slightly.

''You don't know a lot about our traditions and practices, Do you?'' He guessed slowly, Slowing down his walking pace so I could keep up easier.

''Not really, No. . .Kinda. . .Very different from my tribe'' I explained, Noting absently the higher number of guards in this passageway.

Jude hummed slightly, Falling quiet as we made our way deeper and deeper into the palace.

''You know. . .This is also your tribe too. . .Maybe not your home tribe but the people here care about you. . .Many were questioning where you were while you were gone'' He informed me, Staring straight forwards as he spoke.

That surprised me.

''Oh'' Was all I was able to say to that.

By then, We had reached a large wooden door that had intricate carvings on it and a keyhole that sat in the middle of it, A curled and complexly twisted handle sat right above the lock.

Jude gave me a hesitant smile before pulling a key out from his tunic, A soft silken thread connected to the key to keep it around his neck.

''You used to live in a tropical forest, Right?'' Jude asked, Surprising me yet again.

''Yeah, How'd you know?'' I asked, Genuinely curious as he unlocked the door.

''Sophia mentioned it to me when I was asking about where you were from'' He explained before pushing the door open.

My eyes widened in shock and awe as the roofless room on the other side was revealed.

------------------------------------------------------------

:) Jude's not too sure how to do all this, But he's trying

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen