Chapter 29:

:T

-------------------------------------------------

Growling, I tried to squirm out from under him, How he was holding me prevented me from safely shifting into any of my other forms, Leaving me stuck in my third form.

Aldo growled back, Laying down on top of me, Preventing me from even being able to squirm around.

I still tried to a few times before eventually letting out a shaky sigh.

Hoping he'd let up on me, I slowly turned my head to the side a bit to bare my neck, A small whine coming from me.

I could feel Aldo relax ever so slightly, The anger in his scent seeming to fade slightly.

He buried his face into the crook of my neck, His lips resting against my scent glands.

A shiver made it's way through me as his breath tickled against my skin.

I heard him let out a pleased sounding purr before shifting his weight so as not to crush me as he slowly sat up.

''The hell is the matter with you.'' I demanded, My face still resting on the ground as I spoke.

I could just see his face out of the corner of my eye.

His eyes narrowed slightly before his clawed hand returned to my hair, His nails scraping lightly over my scalp.

''The hell is the matter with me? What the hell is the matter with you. You put my soldiers and I in cages.'' He growled out, His grip on my hair tightening.

A small whine escaped me at the combination of fury in his scent and the sting of the feathers in my hair getting tugged as well.

''I'm not the one who put you in the cages'' I snapped back, Managing to dislodge my arms from under him, Allowing me to reach up and grab onto his hands.

''You didn't stop them.'' He pointed out, Not bothering to brush my hands away from his as I tried to pry my hair and feathers free from his grip.

''I stopped them from killing you.'' I defended, Digging my nails into his hand to try and get him to release me.

 He did let my hair go briefly, Only to place his hand on my neck firmly.

Another small whine escaped me at that, My instincts telling me to stop whatever I was doing that was making him mad.

The effects the Normal's scents had on us was concerning.

We were wired to be effected by scents from others of our kind, It was useful when we were around other Sub Homigriffs, It helps us identify each other without needing to see, Allows us to get a vague sense of how the other is feeling as well as identify our mate or mates.

The thing is though, Our scents were much fainter than that of the Normals, Meaning our sense of smell was highly tuned in, Making the scent of the Normals over bearing.

Guess I wasn't the only one being effected by scents.

A small sigh left the man pinning me before he moved off of me, The grip of his hand easing up on my neck.

A shudder made it's way down my body as he idly brushed his thumb back and forth over my scent glands.

Slowly, I managed to sit up, The other man thankfully not pinning me down again.

''Don't move from here. I'll be back with my soldiers.'' Aldo started to say before I lunged forwards, Wrapping my arms around his wait to stop him.

I froze as Aldo's body tensed up under me.

''. . .What exactly are you trying to achieve Sweetie?'' Aldo asked slowly, His eyes narrowing as I looked up towards him.

''I just told you they wanted to kill you. And you want to head back up there alone?'' I reminded him, Releasing him as I spoke.

He arched an eyebrow before shaking his head as he stood up.

''Oh I'm not going up there alone, You're coming with me.'' He growled out, Reaching down and swiftly pulling me to my feet.

I stumbled slightly before he caught me.

Why would I help him?. . .Oh yeah, He helped me. . .Besides. . .He needs help if he's going to get his friends free. . .

I pointedly ignored the fact that the reason he even needs to free his friends is because of me.

I have been a bit of a jerk to him since we left his camp. . .

Reluctantly, I shifted into my second form, Spreading my wings as Aldo took flight, Carefully heading towards the inter-connected tree houses.

I followed along behind him, Less cautious than he was.

Landing on the woven tree branches, I had to reach out to help support Aldo before he could fall.

He grumbled something about us being overgrown squirrels before we both set off in the direction of the distant floating wooden cages.

Only to be instantly stopped by a Frog.

''Theo look out!'' The Frog shouted, A dart held in his hand as he lunged at Aldo.

''Ann no!'' I squeaked out, Moving to block the Frog.

The other boy paused, A confused look on his face as Aldo growled quietly, His hand resting firmly on my shoulder.

''Theo there's a Normal right next to you- oh. . .He's holding you hostage isn't he!'' Ann hissed out, An idea coming to him mid sentence.

''Ann no. . .He's'' I started to say before Ann cut me off.

''He's supposed to be in a cage, How did he even get out? Oh gosh is the attack happening all over again?'' Ann asked, Starting to panic as his mind instantly jumped to the worse case scenario.

''Ann I let him out.'' I snapped before the panicking young Frog could come up with worse ideas.

I can't be too mad at him. . .His first day as a Frog we got attacked. . .He's bound to be jumpy after all that. . .

''. . .Why'd you do that?'' Ann asked, A innocently confused look on his face as he tilted his head to the side slightly, His panic seemingly forgotten.

''He's my mate, Take a guess why he'd let me out'' Aldo purred out, His hand moving to cup my chin as he moved his face to be right next to my neck.

I was about to berate the yellow eyed man before I realized why he just did what he did.

Ann stared at us in surprise, His eyes looking everywhere but us as he clearly started to get embarrassed thinking he interrupted 'something'.

''Well um. . .I'll leave you to it. . .'' He squeaked out before bolting away.

. . .I'm not gonna live that down. . .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We might get something interesting next chapter. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen