Chapter 59: Growling

Ayyy Here we go.

-------------------------------------------------------------

A small squeaked out growl left me as Aldo pushed me to the ground, Pinning me with his body, His arms trapping mine against my chest.

I opened my mouth, About to question what he was doing here.

I was starting to feel better! Why are you here!? Why?

Before I could speak, He buried his face in the crook of my neck, His lips pressing against my scent glands as his rumbling growl quieted down, The only sign he was still growling was the fact that his chest was vibrating against my back.

''Why are you all the way out here?'' Aldo questioned, Asking what I had been about to demand him to tell me just minutes ago.

''I could ask you the same'' I muttered back quietly, Shivering slightly as his breath tickled at my neck.

He pressed his lips against my shoulder, Gently kissing me before returning his face to the crook of my neck, Moving slightly so his mouth was next to my ear.

''I'm out here looking for you.'' He stated simply, Pausing to lightly press a kiss to my jawline.

''S-Stop it'' I muttered quietly, Squirming around in his hold, My wings pushing up against his chest.

''Why are you running away Theo?'' Aldo questioned gently, His velvety voice pitched low.

His grip on me wasn't even budging slightly despite my struggling.

Letting out a small sigh, I stopped struggling, Opting instead to rest my forehead on the mossy ground as I more or less went limp in his hold.

''Look. . .I'm not running away. . .It's for the best that I leave, I don't belong with you guys'' I muttered quietly as he loosened his hold on me.

''What makes you think you don't belong with us?'' He questioned slowly, His voice taking on a quiet, Displeased tone to it.

I shrugged slightly, Slowly freeing my arms from underneath me.

''I'm not one of you guys. . .Me staying with you guys will just be upsetting for everyone. . .'' I muttered, Absently picking pine needles out of the moss.

He was quiet for a moment before he slowly sat up, Pulling me up with him.

''What makes you think you're not one of us?'' He asked, Tugging me to sit in his lap as he settled in under one of the pines.

I shrugged slightly, Staring at the ground in front of us.

''Why do you think you staying with us will upset us?'' He pressed further, His hands moving to rest on my chest.

 I started to shrug again before he moved his hands up to my shoulders, Stopping me from shrugging.

''Theo. Sweetie. Darling. Actually answer me, Please.'' Aldo murmured, Reaching a hand up to gently turn my face to force me to look at him.

''I want to know what's wrong so I can try and fix it'' He whispered, Resting his forehead against mine.

''It's stupid-'' I tried weakly before Aldo cut me off with a stern 'Theo'.

''I'm. . .Not one of you guys. . .I don't know or understand your traditions. . .I'm not as strong or as large as you guys. . .I'm going to mess up something and it's going to end badly for you and Jude'' I started, Looking away from him as I spoke.

With those few words spoken, The dam of silence I had built up to repress my problems and feelings seemed to almost instantly break.

''You two are so happy together, So perfect. . .I'm just someone on the sidelines. I'm not part of any of this. . .And I just feel so lonely. . . I. ..I want to go back home. . .You have Jude and Quinn and they have you, You'll all be fine and happy without me here'' I whispered, My eyes stinging slightly with unshed tears.

My wings were shaking slightly as I caught my breath before continuing.

''Staying will just be annoying for everyone else and it'll just end badly. . .'' I muttered, Tears slipping down my face.

I fell quiet after that, Keeping my head down as I waited for whatever reaction Aldo would have.

Much to my surprise, A warm hand gently brushed over my face, Wiping away tears.

''Sweetheart'' He whispered gently, Wrapping his wings around me tightly, Holding me close in a hug.

A kiss was gently placed at the nape of my neck.

''I'm sorry. . .Just please. . .Let me go'' I muttered quietly, Weakly trying to push his wings off of me.

I'm just making all of this much harder then it has to be. . .I have to leave before I make it worse. . .

''Theo no. No. You don't have to be sorry. . .I owe you an apology actually. . .I, Should have at least noticed you weren't happy or really getting any attention and or love from Jude and I'' He started slowly, Reaching a hand up while he spoke to gently push some hair and feathers out of my face.

No. No I don't want him to feel bad. . .

''You don't have to apologize, I'm an adult. . .I should know how to deal with my own problems. . .'' I apologized, Weakly trying once again to squirm free.

''Yes. I do. You may be an adult, But you're not only younger than me, You're also not familiar with this whole situation you're in.'' He stated firmly, Continuing before I could speak. ''I should have not only kept and eye on you but given you attention and explained things going on to you as well''.

Swallowing, I nervously started to pick at some of the pine needles stuck in Aldo's feathers, Reflexively grooming him to calm down my stress.

A rumbling purr vibrated out from the man behind me as his hands drifted down to my sides.

''What. . .Do we do now. . .'' I muttered quietly, Uncertain.

I doubted I could try and leave again, My emotions had been raw before but now it was even worse.

''We promise to actually talk to each other. . .Tell each other when something's wrong, No matter how big or small it seems. . .How does that sound to you?'' Aldo offered, His hands moving to gently tug my wings away from my body.

Sniffling quietly, I nodded slightly.

''I'm sorry I made you come all the way out here for this'' I muttered quietly, Starting to feel guilty in the aftermath of all of this.

''Sweetie, I'd fly to the ends of the earth if it means I get to return home with you'' He murmured, His hands lightly running down my wings.

Huffing out a tired little laugh, I leaned back further into his embrace, Relaxing as I returned to grooming his wings.

''You are far too kind'' I muttered fondly, Mostly focusing on grooming his wings as I spoke.

  A startled gasp escaped me though as he started to return the gesture.

We stayed like that for a while, Neither of us talking, But the hurt that had been there before started to lessen with each passing moment.

---------------------------------------------------------------

:) . . . NSFW might be approaching. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen