Chapter 16: Counsel

It's time!

------------------------------------------------------------

I had seemingly drifted off at some point.

I knew as much seeing as I woke up hours past the last point in time I could remember.

The sun was just barely starting to rise, I could see the first hints of bright colors starting to stain the edge of the sky like a piece of fabric dipped into dye.

I slowly pushed myself up into a sitting position so I could look around.

My whole body was stiff from sleeping on the rock littered ground.

So many feathers are out of place now. . .

I frowned, Nervously setting to work smoothing out my feathers and plucking out a few dead and crushed ones.

While I was doing the rather calming task, I kept looking around the tent, Searching for any signs that someone had been in the tent while I was out cold.

I didn't see anything but that didn't mean much.

The only sense I really would have trusted to know for sure was my sense of smell, But that damned wintery pine tree smell still clung to everything, Hiding any other scents.

Growling quietly under my breath, I got up, Slowly and carefully creeping to the entrance of the tent.

Sure enough, One of his men was dutifully guarding the entrance of his tent.

Guess there's no escaping that way. . .

Stepping back within the darkness of the tent, I took another look around.

I could rip one of these walls with my claws. . .It'd be easy to slip out then. . .

I briefly considered it before sighing heavily.

No, Who knows, Yellow might really like this tent and ruining it could cause him to attack. . .

I didn't know much of anything about the Normals, But I assumed they were most likely shallow enough to get un-reasonably angry about something like that.

Their kind did randomly attack my tribe out of the blue for no reason. . .

Sighing in annoyance, I sat back down on the ground.

Guess I gotta await my fate. . .

Grumbling quietly, I tugged at some scraggly grass  inside the tent.

Why couldn't this plan have worked ou-

My bitter internal thoughts were cut off by two guards hurriedly entering the tent.

I sprung to my feet, My feathers bristling as I braced myself to have to fight.

The guards exchanged a look before one of them rested his hand on the hilt of his sword.

''Come with us.'' The other one ordered curtly, Holding a hand out to me as he spoke.

Narrowing my eyes, I lifted my wings slightly, Holding them once again to hide my privates.

Yellow forced me to speak to him, I wasn't about to speak to his men anytime soon though.

''Either come with us on your own accord, Or we will drag you along with us.'' The first grumbled out, His hand still on the hilt of his sword.

I growled quietly before taking a small step forwards.

The guards moved to keep their distance from me while still escorting me to who knows where.

A few early birds were slowly making their way towards the large bonfire of sorts near the middle of camp.

Instead of following the few Normals to the fire, The guards led me over to a tent placed far away from the others.

Despite how far it was from the others, It was decorated much like the leader's tent was, It also was dyed a bright royal red.

Great. This is totally not a bad sign. . .

I glanced up, I could make a break for it, Shift into my first form and fly away.

However, Considering how many guards were here, I would most likely be taken out in mere minuets.

I'd just end up hurting myself and causing them to increase the guard on me. . .

Frowning, I slowed down my pace.

Gotta find a way out of thi-

I sped up my pace as soon as one of the guards nudged me.

I glared down at the ground, A quiet growl rumbling in my throat.

Despite that, I still was lead into the tent.

I had to blink rapidly when we entered thanks to the sudden change in light level.

Standing in a circle around Yellow were a group of people, Amongst them were a few elders, But other then that they all appeared young and dangerous.

As soon as I stepped into the tent, The guards closed the flap behind me, Sealing me in.

I could very faintly make out the surrounding people's scents, But there was no way for me to tell them apart.

Mostly thanks to the overbearing smell coming from yellow.

I could see yellow tense up when I entered the tent, His eyes widening slightly.

I tensed up my shoulders as the smell tugged at my mind.

A hiss however, Drew my attention over a woman who was standing not too far from the door.

Her scent smelled like wild flowers, However, They were bitter and sickly sweet with hatred.

I took a small step back as she shifted into her first form, Hissing at me as she did so.

It's that concubine. . .

I shifted into my first form as well, My feathers standing on end as I did so.

I heard a growl from inside the tent, But I couldn't exactly look over and see the source seeing as the female pounced at me at that moment.

I ducked down, Slamming my wings up into her underside.

I winced as a shock of pain raced through my wings at that foolish move, The woman who attacked me had taken that poor move to dig her claws into my wings.

Lunging to the side in the rather small tent, I managed to knock her off of me.

She landed with a thud but got back up to her paws quickly.

I braced myself for another attack before suddenly I was pushed to the ground as there was sounds of alarm from off to my side.

The smell of Wintery pine filled all my senses as the Normal holding me down growled at the female.

No. . .No no this can't. . .No.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annnd things are gonna get. . .Interesting. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen