Chapter 45:

Jude Pov again. . . :

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Aldo very quickly showed where my limits were.

He pushed me down to the bed with a warning growl, His chest pressed firmly against my back.

I held still, My body tense as I waited for him to bite me to assert his dominance, Like Quinn would have.

Surprisingly, Once I stopped trying to struggle free, He stopped growling, Still keeping me pressed to the bed though.

''If you don't want to be spoon fed that's fine, But you still need to eat, Drink and sleep. . .If for nothing else then so you can have energy to run during the mating hunt tonight'' Aldo explained firmly before slowly getting off of me.

Frowning, I slowly sat up as well.

I had forgotten while I was here that despite how odd this place was, It still was a tribe and run like every other tribe.

When a mate is found, A mating hunt must happen that night or the very next night to ensure said mate isn't forcefully claimed by a power hungry or jealous person.

Sighing, I nodded my head, Apathetic but understanding where he was coming from.

''When. . .'' I questioned, Not bothering to elaborate on what I was questioning.

''As soon as the sun sets, Just like tradition'' Aldo explained, Taking a few steps away from me and smoothing out the faint wrinkles from his clothes.

He gave me a small sympathetic smile before turning to leave.

''Aldo'' I called out, Making him pause as I debated something.

Having worn this metal collar for days now, I was well past the 'uncomfortable' threshold.

I very much wanted it off.

''Will you remove this?'' I questioned hesitantly, Tugging on the metal thing that was wrapped tightly around my neck.

He arched an eyebrow, Slowly crossing his arms across his chest as he looked me up and down.

I stared at him as we both remained where we were for what felt like forever before he approached me again.

''Head down'' He ordered, His voice lowered as he reached out and rested his hand on the back of my neck.

As soon as I ducked my head down, He started to mess with the back of the metal collar.

It clicked a few times before the collar fell from around my neck, The grey winged man before me catching it before it could hit the floor.

''Try and escape and you'll regret it'' He warned sternly, His hand moving back to grip at the back of my neck in a tighter warning grip.

I nodded silently, Knowing full well what can happen to those who try and escape prisons like this.

My acceptance must have pleased Aldo because he proceeded to loosen his grip, Now gently running his thumb over the heavily scarred section of my neck.

We both remained silent for a long while, Both our scents combining and fighting in the small space between us.

The wintery minty pine smell of his scent seemed to chill the already cold air even further, The smell making my lungs pleasantly cold with each inhale.

I couldn't make out my own scent but I knew it was there if by nothing else other than the clear effect it had on the other man.

Slowly, Both our scents seemed to mellow out as we remained inches away from each other, The fainter hints of our scents starting to make it's way through.

After a moment, Aldo pulled back and left, The smoky smell of his scent lingering as he closed and locked the cell behind himself, Heading off to most likely prepare for the hunt tonight.

Sighing, I shifted into my first form, My body sore from not shifting in such a long time.

My wings arched behind me as I stretched out, Wincing as my sore muscles slowly started to adapt to being able to shift again.

Once that was done, I slowly dragged myself over to the bed, Curling up on it as I ignored the nest nearby, A bit confused why he would have an actual nest in here.

Slowly, I drank the offered glass of water before curling up, Expecting to be drugged asleep like Quinn had done to me before his hunt of me.

That had been. . .Cheating. . .But considering the outcome, Nothing was done about that.

Yet again, I was a fair bit surprised that Aldo wasn't a scumbag.

My throat still hurt. . .

--- Theo Pov ---

I sat in the large hall, Feeling very unsafe with lots of strangers all around.

According to Sophia, They are the servants and guards that work in the castle.

All I knew was that the constant oh so subtle glances and out stares they were directing at me made me very much want to be anywhere but here.

I poked absently at the food that was resting on the plate in front of me.

It wasn't bad or anything. . .I just was stressed out enough to feel like I'd get sick if I was to eat anything.

That didn't seem to really go unnoticed sadly.

''You might want to give that to someone else or toss it to one of the dogs. . .Aldo really doesn't like seeing those under his care not taking care of themselves'' Sophia warned quietly, Glancing around slightly as she spoke.

Frowning slightly, I paused in my absent minded poking.

''Why does he do that by the way. . .Do all your tribes heads do that?'' I questioned, A bit confused.

My tribe and the other tribes of us SubHomigriffs tended to care for those under our care, But if the first normal Homigriff tribe I was captured by was any indication of the rest of them, Then Aldo and his tribe were outliers.

Sophia hesitated slightly before shaking her head.

''Honestly. . .A lot of the other tribe's Heads are aggressive and violent to others. . .Even their own people. . . Most kind Heads get killed by rivals. . .The only reason Aldo's still in charge is he knows when to be kind and when to be cunningly violent. . .He doesn't harm those who are unable to fight back. . .Which sadly is something unusual in the tribes. . .'' Sophia explained before trailing off.

Before I could question her further, Warm strong arms wrapped around me from behind.

''Now why are you two talking about me behind my back? Awfully rude of you both'' Aldo said warmly in a teasing tone, With him this close to me, I could pick up on the subtler campfire smell to his scent.

Oh. . .That's a nice smell. . .Wait. . .I don't smell Jude on him. . .He didn't hurt our other mate did he?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Late chapter and all. . .The hunt is next chapter though!

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen