Chapter 79: Aggression.

:D My medical leave is up and I'm writing this between work shifts!

------------------------------------------------------------

I stared in shock as I watched one of the council members reach out to grab Sophia as she tried to stand her ground.

Bristling at the attempt, I stepped forwards, Loudly clearing my throat.

''What. Is going on here.'' I growled out, Storming towards the raised dais, The soldiers who were guarding me rushed forwards to be in front of me, Moving the council members back.

Angering them further.

''What is the meaning of this!'' One of the men squawked indignantly as he was forcefully shoved away from my now large, Personal bubble by one of the very vigilant and overprotective soldiers.

''Back up! Back up.'' Was the only answer the man got from Andrew as the guards growled, Backing the angry threats away from me and my child.

 As they secured the area, I approached a concerned looking Sophia.

''T-Theo! You're up!'' Sophia stuttered out in surprise as I worriedly reached out to cup her face in my hands, Tilting it left and right as I examined her for injuries, Feeling. . .Oddly paternal over her.

''What's going on here Sophia? Why are the council members yelling, Why are people gathered in the hall and why are you on the dais?'' I questioned as I let her go, My hands moving back to cover my egg as I interrogated my trusted advisor and friend.

Before she could answer, One of the council members shouted over her.

''She's getting in our way is what she's doing! Control her! She's stopping us from doing our job!'' The older man shrieked, His face red with anger as he tried to move towards me. . .Only to be bodied by one of the guards instantly.

. . .Why do I doubt that.

Ignoring Aldo's council, I focused my attention on my council.

''With Aldo gone, The council decided that they should be fully in charge considering you were bed ridden. . .'' Sophia explained sheepishly, Sounding almost apologetic.

For what I hadn't the faintest idea though.

''I see. . .Thank you for letting me know, Wait here a moment?'' I requested of the woman, Waiting for her nod before moving onto gathering more information.

''And what. Made you lot think you could just take over everything? You weren't the ones my mate. Left in charge.'' I questioned, Turning back to face the Council members as I spoke.

I expected to see the members of Aldo's trusted council looking a bit sheepish at having been called out on their actions.

Instead, I was met with glares from the gathered Homigriffs!.

''We. Took over because the one he left in charge was too busy lazing about to rule this kingdom!'' One of the women haughitly hissed out at me, Earning herself growls from the guards scattered around the room.

Holding up my hand in a placating manner, I tilted my head back slightly so I'd be staring down my nose at her.

How dare you. I was in agony and filled with grief over not having my mates! Not 'Lazing about'!

''I'll have you know. I was not just 'lazing about'. I was in agony bringing my child. Into the world.'' I coldly hissed out before turning and making my way up to the three thrones atop the dais.

''Now. If you were only here to cover for me and my mate. Then I won't keep you from your more pressing tasks. You can leave.'' I hissed out as I shakily sat down on the throne next to Aldo's, Wincing and whimpering quietly all the while, Having to pause every few words.

Sophia, The guards and the gathered Homigriffs at the far end of the hall all watched me with varying looking of concern.

The council on the other hand. . .They looked like they had all sucked on a lemon.

After a moment of silence, The guards snapped out of their daze and started ushering the Council members out of the hall.

Holding as still as possible, I waited until the last Council member was out of sight before letting out a pained sigh, Leaning heavily on the arm rest.

I hope I wasn't too harsh. . .

''Sophia? Why are there people gathered here?'' I questioned softly, Watching the people at the far wall instantly tense up upon my notice.

''Oh! These people were here to try and get a word with Aldo. . .The uh, The council decides who's problem is important enough to see him. . .'' She started to explain, Pausing as the guards returned.

''Well. . .I can see them, See if there's anything I can do to help'' I offered, Glancing over at the scantily clad woman who'd been by my side since I first came here.

A grin slowly formed on her face at that.

''As you wish my leader'' She answered, Giving me a dramatic bow before standing slightly behind my throne, Her hands clasped behind her back as I smiled, Amused.

The guards took their cue and moved into positions around the room as the citizens slowly, Hesitantly approached.

''Hello there, What is it you require help with?'' I asked politely as the man stopped at the first step, Anxiously fiddling with his hands as he dropped to his knees before me.

What the heck?

''My lord, I beg of you for your assistance'' The man before me started, Causing me to quickly glance over towards Sophia with a 'what the fuck' look.

''This is Elijah, From Astervale'' Sophia introduced quietly, Leaning down over my shoulder as she did so.

''Please, Get up, Do not kneel to me, Tell me Elijah, What do you need assistance with?'' I asked, Leaning forwards as best I could while I spoke, Holding my egg with both of my hands.

A look of pure, Innocent surprise passed over the older man's face before he nervously stood up.

''Y-Yes my lord, I implore your highness for assistance, The people of my town are dying'' The man started, His words sending a bolt of cold worry down my spine at the last part.

Dying? Is. . .Is there. . .A plague? Murderers??. . .

''Dying? What has been killing them?'' I demanded, Genuine worry dripping from my voice as I sat up straighter, Clutching my child tightly to my chest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Not everything's hunky dory dandy! Theo's gonna be a boss bitch lord while his mates are gone :)

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen